• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Kane and Reggie weren't our for the majority of those games. I think it's a misconception to think the discontent with Jose was borne out entirely from the Liverpool, Brighton and Chelsea matches. They were just the latest games in the downward spiral of insipid performances.

I remember his Chelsea side in 04 they played nothing like we have been post West Ham and especially not post Crystal Palace. I watched pretty much all of his Real Madrid games and quite a bit of Inter also and again they had the odd game here and there were they sat very deep when the opposition quality required it but that was not their go to strategy. Just like it shouldn't be ours.

I don't have a problem with counter attacking football, his Real Madrid were breathtaking. I always found his original Chelsea side entertaining. If we played like that I think you would have found far fewer complaints.

how many players in our current side can match those in Chelsea and RM when Jose was in charge?
jose knows what he is doing so stop slating him.
and we all know that jose doesn't get the man he wants - he gets the man the committee decides.
but i agree he a part of the problem - but levy and the transfer committee gets fair share of the blame too.
bale vs cavani, sessegnon vs wan bissaka, lo celso vs fernandez - thats the difference for man u - a good portion of transfers making a sustained improvement to the team.

how many players in our current side can match those in Chelsea and RM when Jose was in charge?
and we all know that jose doesn't get the man he wants - he gets the man the committee decides.
but i agree he a part of the problem - but levy and the transfer committee gets fair share of the blame too.
bale vs cavani, sessegnon vs wan bissaka, lo celso vs fernandez - thats the difference for man u - a good portion of transfers making a sustained improvement to the team.
I'm not slating him but selecting Sissoko ahead of Ndombele or GLC (last season) is worth criticising and I will just like he will get the credit from me for good moves.

On the larger point if he does not have the players to play the system he wants to then he needs to adjust to what he does have. The best coaches are those that get the best out of their squad, he has not always done that and I'm one of those that thinks the squad has a lot of trash to be removed.

To be honest I believe the first team we have can be compared to the teams that mourinho had at Chelsea23BC37AF00000578-0-image-a-26_1417693910770.jpg

Missing:

GK - Lloris Not comparable, done his part for Spurs. Many thanks.
CB - Dier, Enough said
CB - Sanchez, Enough Said
RB - Aurier. Not good enough to start or play in a system.

CM - GLC never fit, and desperately need a Box to box midfield player

AMR - Need someone who can actually score goals and make an impact.

To be honest I believe the first team we have can be compared to the teams that mourinho had at ChelseaView attachment 10949
The issue is comparing peak teams abs players with teams that are far form peak...
We have some great players and we have some that are passed it
Those teams above included played of the right age and profile to peak at that time
It’s why they won things
They set records too
We’re no where near that u less we back to over rating some of our players based on past performance
The Chelsea 04/05 team had IMO 5/6 world class players
The latter side had many players who also had their best season that time
We currently have kane, son, Reggie, PEH and Tanguy who would be viable swaps for those players potentially but other regular first team players wouldn’t IMO (although I think Courtois is crap)

I hope we back him in the summer and get the 2 new cb’s and CM he needs aswell as a RB.
I think a goalkeeper is a bigger prob than CM or RB. Aurier has been decent this season and we'll have Skipp for CM next season.
Lloris and Hart aren't top 4 quality. A quality new keeper and Lloris as backup if he would accept it (unlikely) would make a big difference

Back