• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I think their players are more motivated
I don’t think their squad is better
I do think Leicester’s first 11 is more balanced for the system they play. It’s quite key.. having players who suit the managers system. We don’t clearly abs it’s showing
Hence our problems
Their players are coached better and have a much more sensible game plan that is based around their player's strengths I'd say.

This is where Levy ballsed up. Getting Mourinho or any "name" in does not automatically make Spurs better. Poch proved that then Mourinho underlined it at United and again at Spurs. Potter may fall flat on his face as Mourinho has. ATM does it matter?
Levy ballsed up in not backing Poch and then getting rid of him when the going got tough instead of sticking with him and backing him then.

Levy didn't balls up by getting Jose IMO. Once Levy had made the mistake of not listening to and then getting rid of Poch, bringing in Jose was probably actually the right move. It just turned out that the manager happened to be right and Levy should've listened to him instead of thinking he knew best about football as well as business.

I'm really not so sure. I think the players are playing to the manager's plan. He isn't up on the sidelines shouting at them, forcing the centre backs to get up the pitch, telling Sissoko and Hojbjerg to ensure some distance between themselves and our centre backs etc. I think they are playing to his instructions (i.e. be very defensive and play long balls). The problem is that the tactics are awful, do not play to our strengths and we have a very weak, mistake prone centre back in Dier where the best thing you can do is ensure that he doesn't have to do any defending at all inside our pelanty area, as goals tend to occur when when he has to.

In the second half last night we were still poor but umpteen times better than the first half. Clearly the players were told to get up the pitch and press and they did just as Jose asked. We still didn't really know what to do with the ball once we got it, but I think that's because the team haven't been coached with any attacking patterns other than the get it to Kane dropping deep, who then can try to get it in behind the opposition for Son.
I was listening to Steve perryman’s podcast, and his opinion, players always try. They are all men who want to win and hate to lose (to suffering f degrees), and while they don’t always play well, he had seldom played with, or coached, players who didn’t give as much as they could on the pitch.

A Mourinho quote from a Guardian article:

"Vinicius tried his best [against Chelsea]. He couldnt score his goal. I'm happy with him. Period. I don't want to say much more. I'm happy with his effort. The other guys, apart from Sonny - we know they are not goalscorers. They are not the kind of players that, as attacking players, they can score eight, 10, 12 goals in a season. So we have to fight with what we have."

Umm, Alli / Bale / Moura are all exactly that. You're the one who chooses to play Bergwijn and Ndombele together in the attacking three instead. And I can't imagine that kind of quote is great for Bergwijn's confidence in front of goal either.

Christ I hate the man.

Not the kind who could get 8,10 or 12 goals? Cretin

The players have to take some responsibility, they might not be drilled but that doesn't mean they have to stop running, making themselves available for a pass, putting in some effort etc. As Jenas said that's the minimum expected for a player.

What Jose can and should do is actually change those players who aren't doing it around - so he could play Winks for Sissoko and stick Tangana at left back, Rodon in place of Dier and maybe Lamela for Bergwyn and I'm sure we'd play a lot better.
That is just fiddling while Rome burns.... The problem is more the setup than the personnel. If you instruct a team to play very deep and defensive and don't coach into them any attacking transitions (other than the one that every other team worked out several weeks ago) then can't expect the team to do anything other than set very deep and defensive.

Two weeks in place for Tuchel vs 60 weeks in place for Jose and only one of the two teams last night looks as though it actually gets any coaching.

The dele thing is interesting as I’ve heard from too many people in the last week of an issue with his “health” ....

And I’ll add that good pros dont drink and drive... breach lockdown multiple times... punch the police... hit their girlfriends... walk out at half time... racially abuse people in airports... try to attack a fan in the stand... . I mean there is quite a list there to start with . Maybe the6 non-figuratively got the wrong half of the words being a smart clam
Man Utd won the league multiple times with a bunch of those very sorts of players....

Levy ballsed up in not backing Poch and then getting rid of him when the going got tough instead of sticking with him and backing him then.

Without wanting to turn it into a Poch thread, I agree that he could have backed him better or perhaps given him the indication of when he would get that backing. Poch wasn't innocent though given how stroppy he became in his final months. I'd take Poch back in a heart-beat now though! Mind you, I'd take more or less any manager bar Jose now

I’ll be honest
The players we brought in did include a few subs, a prospect and bale
Plus some starters in Reggie and PEH who along with Tanguy (new player) and the world class Kane and son have actually performed
Serge has also stepped up big time (I thought he was good last night too)
But we still have so much crap here it’s kinda scary. Maybe you could get more from them (we have seen it this season) but I doubt it would last. Players like normal people need change and that also men’s changing clubs

people have already mentioned the manager at work situation and I see it frequently. But I also see stale people who should left a long time ago becoming unmotivated and draining the companies. There is a balance
We don't actually have that much crap at all..... We have more quality than all but between 2 and 4 teams in the league. They are just being set up very, very badly and not being coached.

Levy didn't balls up by getting Jose IMO. Once Levy had made the mistake of not listening to and then getting rid of Poch, bringing in Jose was probably actually the right move. It just turned out that the manager happened to be right and Levy should've listened to him instead of thinking he knew best about football as well as business.

Its all hindsight.
Now its time to move on.

Mourinho last night left me in little doubt it is not even close to working. What do we do now?
Id get rid.......but what the feck do I know.
Over to you Mr L.

Aim higher? maybe that’s part of the problem
Potter is a quality coach who has proven it everywhere
But he isn’t a big name or a new trend
I’ll add... neither was Poch when he came here. Southampton fans didn’t want him either when he joined them
Of all the teams in the PL I have been most impressed with the way that Brighton play, especially when comparing their sum to their parts. I think they suffer from not having a really good forward or two (a problem that we don't have). Their tactics with our players and we'd be top 4 this season no problem. Add a couple of top quality central defenders and we'd be aiming even higher than that IMO.

We don't actually have that much crap at all..... We have more quality than all but between 2 and 4 teams in the league. They are just being set up very, very badly and not being coached.
I disagree
No one is going to convince me of the qualities of a lot of these players
Most faded under the best manager they have had and haven’t suddenly got back to being decent
Aurier has shown an improvement
Beyond that... not one IMO is performing or working to the level we saw under Poch when things were good

Good that the press are now writing about his time running out

Jose Mourinho set to be given time at Tottenham but ‘pressure growing’ after Chelsea loss

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...jose-mourinho-chelsea-levy-kane-b1797984.html

"Daniel Levy still wants to give Jose Mourinho time to turn Tottenham Hotspur’s season around, but several sources say “pressure is growing”.

This form - nine points from 10 league games - won’t be indulged indefinitely"

"There isn’t yet mutiny among the players or anything like that, but a growing number have serious misgivings about the football. A minority are fed up with it."
"
It is at least possible we are entering the Mourinho end game. If that is the case, or bad form continues, Levy will have a decision to make - and maybe a dilemma.

It will be expensive in the short-term to sack Mourinho. It may be even more expensive in the long-term to leave him there, and risk losing their place in European competition, and so much of their recent clout.

The pressure is very much on."

Of all the teams in the PL I have been most impressed with the way that Brighton play, especially when comparing their sum to their parts. I think they suffer from not having a really good forward or two (a problem that we don't have). Their tactics with our players and we'd be top 4 this season no problem. Add a couple of top quality central defenders and we'd be aiming even higher than that IMO.
He is brilliant coach
He had a great rep in the university football
Did brilliant at Osterstund (apologies for the spelling) and they beat arsenal
Was improving Swansea and they almost knocked city out for the fa cup IIRC
And changed Hughtons team around very quickly to play quality football
I said it earlier in the season when I saw them tear Chelsea apart and lose... it’s a hell of a transformation with the core of the same players it seems. He also isn’t scared to get rid of anyone (keeper now at arsenal)
But he isn’t a brand. He isn’t a name

Good that the press are now writing about his time running out

Jose Mourinho set to be given time at Tottenham but ‘pressure growing’ after Chelsea loss

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...jose-mourinho-chelsea-levy-kane-b1797984.html

"Daniel Levy still wants to give Jose Mourinho time to turn Tottenham Hotspur’s season around, but several sources say “pressure is growing”.

This form - nine points from 10 league games - won’t be indulged indefinitely"

"There isn’t yet mutiny among the players or anything like that, but a growing number have serious misgivings about the football. A minority are fed up with it."
"
It is at least possible we are entering the Mourinho end game. If that is the case, or bad form continues, Levy will have a decision to make - and maybe a dilemma.

It will be expensive in the short-term to sack Mourinho. It may be even more expensive in the long-term to leave him there, and risk losing their place in European competition, and so much of their recent clout.

The pressure is very much on."

Is this the dreaded vote of confidence?

Back