• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Beckham? What did he do there?
Nothing illegal that I can remember
Schmeichel?
Giggs did engage in other women but I’m not aware of anything else

Beckham was shagging the nanny or something wasn't he?

I'd say Liverpool or Chelsea would be a better examples, teams full of absolute scumbags who would have been in prison were they not footballers

Telegraph article:

The complaints may not be echoing around the Tottenham Hotspur stadium with fans still shut out, but they are getting through to the club’s board and Jose Mourinho needs to quickly improve his team’s performances.

Mourinho’s position is not thought to be in imminent danger, although that would quickly change if Tottenham were to lose what the Portuguese admits is a must-win game against West Bromwich Albion on Sunday.

Pressure is on him to not only stop the slump of three successive Premier League defeats, but also improve what have been a dismal run of performances which supporters have become increasingly upset by.

Tottenham have a tradition of trying to play entertaining football and Mourinho cannot simply get away with dangling the carrot of the possibility of a first trophy in 13 years with his team booked into the final of the EFL Cup.

The fact Spurs are in the final and also still in the FA Cup, with the top-four still in reach, certainly works in his favour and there would be a reluctance to make any rash decisions with the season very much alive.

But concerns about the way Tottenham are playing and the negativity that has become a feature of recent performances are increasing and have also made their way into the dressing-room with some players believing they are being stifled.

Mourinho is popular with the majority of his squad, but even some of those who like and respect him are not entirely happy with the way the team are playing.

Faced with questions over whether he is starting to feel under pressure, following Tottenham's worst run since 2012 when they last lost three successive Premier League games under Andre Villas-Boas, who was eventually sacked, Mourinho said: “I put pressure on myself every day. I don't need others to put pressure on me. I put pressure on myself every day. Every day. So since 2012 without three defeats in a row? But since when without a title? Maybe I can give one.”

Mourinho admitted that he cannot contemplate anything other than a victory over West Bromwich Albion, who have conceded 28 goals in 10 games since Sam Allardyce replaced Slaven Bilic as manager.

Not only will Tottenham be expected to win, but the hope is they will do so in style to build some momentum and optimism ahead of a tough run of games against Everton in the FA Cup, Emirates Marketing Project, Wolfsberger in the Europa League and London rivals West Ham United, who are currently above Mourinho’s men.

“The most important thing now is West Bromwich,” said Mourinho, whose team are eighth in the Premier League. “I don’t even want to think about Everton or about City. I think after City, we go to Austria, again in the Europa League, which is a big competition for us, we have good expectations in that competition. But I don’t even want to think about that. I want to think about West Bromwich. That’s a big game.

“Sometimes big games are just against the top six, or the London derbies. Other times, big games can be games like this. Is a big game for West Bromwich, because they need a victory, they need points, they need to survive. They need to get out of where they are. It’s a big game for us. Because we need to leave the position where we are, which is not a dramatic position like theirs is, but is a very bad position for us, we have to leave it, we need to win, we need to break the dynamic of three defeats like you saw.

“So it’s a very important match for us. But the reality is that, until the end of the month, we have great motivations in front of us. Europa League is something that, since the beginning, we put a lot on. I cannot forget that we had to play how many games to qualify for the group phase, and games with two days in between, travelling around Europe to do it.

“So we want, the team wants, the team is waiting for that, and maybe the squad needs that. But let’s focus on West Bromwich because it’s the next match and as you say, after three defeats, we have to win against West Bromwich, we cannot even think a different thing.”

Tottenham failed to score without Harry Kane against Brighton and Chelsea and, although the striker is due back soon, Mourinho insisted that other players must shoulder the goal burden when he is missing.

“It’s always the old story,” said Mourinho. “A team is not a player. A team cannot depend on a player. Other players, they have to step up. That’s the reality of things. But there are players that are special players in different teams.

“Even the biggest teams in the world, when player x is not there, they miss him. We can have many examples of what these players mean for certain clubs, and for certain teams. And, for sure, Harry is very important for us. He leads. He creates. He has dynamics of closed eyes with Sonny for example. But of course, other guys they have to step up to be honest.

“Vinicus tried his best (against Chelsea), he couldn’t score his goal. I’m happy with him, period, I don’t want to say much more. I’m happy with his effort. The other guys, apart from Sonny, we know they are not goalscorers, they are not the kind of players that, as attacking players, they can score eight, 10, 12 goals in a season, you know that these are not their characteristics.

“So we have to fight with what we have, and against West Bromwich with Harry Kane, without Harry Kane, we have to go, we have to win that match.”

Good discussion on BT Sport last night... it does seem like the same bottle jobs who downed tools after losing CL final are now thinking that they can simply outlast another Tottenham manager :mad: At least when Chav$ki or Madrid’s dressing room decide to undermine their gaffer they’ll have the decency to give their all the following season and win a major trophy before repeating the cycle.

Good discussion on BT Sport last night... it does seem like the same bottle jobs who downed tools after losing CL final are now thinking that they can simply outlast another Tottenham manager :mad: At least when Chav$ki or Madrid’s dressing room decide to undermine their gaffer they’ll have the decency to give their all the following season and win a major trophy before repeating the cycle.

Rio also said that it doesnt look like Spurs have any system or plan for how to attack

I was listening to Steve perryman’s podcast, and his opinion, players always try. They are all men who want to win and hate to lose (to suffering f degrees), and while they don’t always play well, he had seldom played with, or coached, players who didn’t give as much as they could on the pitch.

You have to bow down to his superior knowledge of the game (though it's not difficult to best mine) but if he's right, it's extremely worrying because I doubt the game plan includes misplacing 5-yard passes, like I've seen a number of times over the last three games.

Being unable to pass forward because nobody's making runs, that's something I can understand. Being unable to reach a team-mate who's literally standing 5-yard away from you does raise some questions about your ability as a football player. Of course, some players, like Sissoko, bring something else to the table but the quality of passing over the past few games is nothing short of abysmal.

I guess it also shows it's very difficult to change your mind once you've formed an opinion: I don't believe Mourinho won his trophies (particularly at Porto) by simply sending the lads out there, so when someone with inside knowledge of the game basically says the tactics are more to blame than the players I find a different way to the same conclusion. Food for thought...

There's also a third possibility (one that I think has been mentioned here): we've started the season early, we've played a lot of games and some players have hardly been rested. When we were top of the league, I read a piece somewhere about teams who could have a difficult winter because of a lack of rotation and guess who was top of the list... It could also be that the players are toast and that, no matter how hard they try, they're simply not up for it physically (and possibily mentally) anymore. Playing with 40% of possession is demands a lot of stamina.

You have to bow down to his superior knowledge of the game (though it's not difficult to best mine) but if he's right, it's extremely worrying because I doubt the game plan includes misplacing 5-yard passes, like I've seen a number of times over the last three games.

Being unable to pass forward because nobody's making runs, that's something I can understand. Being unable to reach a team-mate who's non-figuratively standing 5-yard away from you does raise some questions about your ability as a football player. Of course, some players, like Sissoko, bring something else to the table but the quality of passing over the past few games is nothing short of abysmal.

I guess it also shows it's very difficult to change your mind once you've formed an opinion: I don't believe Mourinho won his trophies (particularly at Porto) by simply sending the lads out there, so when someone with inside knowledge of the game basically says the tactics are more to blame than the players I find a different way to the same conclusion. Food for thought...

There's also a third possibility (one that I think has been mentioned here): we've started the season early, we've played a lot of games and some players have hardly been rested. When we were top of the league, I read a piece somewhere about teams who could have a difficult winter because of a lack of rotation and guess who was top of the list... It could also be that the players are toast and that, no matter how hard they try, they're simply not up for it physically (and possibily mentally) anymore. Playing with 40% of possession is demands a lot of stamina.
I said it after the Liverpool game last year that our peak may have been because if the early start and extra fitness
Someone said it the other day too, so it’s very feasible
But I’ve also read a small amount and see a documentary on Jose about his coaching style and philosophy
It seems that those who hated him will slate him
Those who loved him defend him
He is marmite or Donald trump basically
He did say in the doc that he doesn’t try to make the best players better. More that he tries to give them opportunities to excel in games and focus their efforts. He was very big in mind set and very big on the all against us approach. He started at Porto with a real view that we can be a unit and has carried that through as part of his approach
What his teams did have was a real aggression (we haven’t had that really) and some clear leaders (we don’t have that). But they all brought into it or not, and those that not went.
It’s well worth a watch

I disagree
No one is going to convince me of the qualities of a lot of these players
Most faded under the best manager they have had and haven’t suddenly got back to being decent
Aurier has shown an improvement
Beyond that... not one IMO is performing or working to the level we saw under Poch when things were good
----------------------Lloris
Aurier------Toby------------Rodon-------Regulion
------------Hojbjerg-------Ndombele
-----------------------Dele
------Bergwijn/Moura-------Kane------Son

Is easily enough to beat 70% of teams in this league.

Put better centre backs in place and that goes up to 80 to 90%

Don't have them defending on the edge of our own box though.
Also don't have the two central midfielders playing no more than 5 yards from those two central defenders
Also don't bring every single player back every time the opposition attack
Also try to coach some transition patterns of play that don't just involve either a long hoof forward or a ball into Kane in the middle of our half.

Of course we're not as good as we were when our Poch team was at its peak. That was a special team

That team had Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele and Eriksen in it (as well as Kane, Son and Dele).

We still have Kane and Son who are just as good as they were back then. Hojbjerg and Ndombele are reasonable replacements for Wanyama and Dembele, Regulion should be a good replacement for Rose. Aurier doesn't have to be a million miles off of Walker. Dele is still here and still young, just needs a manager with attacking instincts. So we're missing players as good as Eriksen, Toby and Jan. All very hard to find I'd agree but we look at what we got each of them for previously.... It can be done, just needs good scouting and a good DoF.

Rio also said that it doesnt look like Spurs have any system or plan for how to attack
Mourinho, like Redknapp, tends to just let his attackers get on with it.

Maybe it’s a dated concept but if our sodding defenders would stop gifting opposition cheap goals then we could rope-a-dope like his successful sides instead of continuing this merry-go-round with a group of players who’ve clearly got too comfortable with their mediocrity and a transfer committee incapable of building a squad which can deliver success.

upload_2021-2-5_16-9-58.gif

Maybe it’s a dated concept but if our sodding defenders would stop gifting opposition cheap goals then we could rope-a-dope like his successful sides instead of continuing this merry-go-round with a group of players who’ve clearly got too comfortable with their mediocrity and a transfer committee incapable of building a squad which can deliver success.

Said it many times, but we have a far, far better squad than Villa, Leicester, West Ham and Everton.

They're outperforming us though given we dont have any system. There's only one person who is responsible for installing a way of playing

Being unable to pass forward because nobody's making runs, that's something I can understand. Being unable to reach a team-mate who's non-figuratively standing 5-yard away from you does raise some questions about your ability as a football player. Of course, some players, like Sissoko, bring something else to the table but the quality of passing over the past few games is nothing short of abysmal.

Also, these players are, like us, living and working in the context of this bloody awful pandemic. They may follow the news and have a reaction to what’s going on, they may have friends and family who are ill or have died. That also doesn’t help maximum concentration under pressure.

Right, but nice that pundits have seen it now and its being publicly spoken about. It will speed up his sacking if the media are talking about it regularly
We can only hope.

Which is a crazy way to talk, I've never been particularly anti manager before. Not Poch, AVB, not Jol (I although I was one of those with misgivings) but Jose has actually broken me and I want him gone asap.

I can see no way forward with him at the helm.

I don't need fancy dan football, I don't need trophies but I do need to see a plan. I do need to see you learning and adjusting to mistakes. I do want to see us attack and attempt to score goals. The cowardly crap we've been witnessing since the 2nd half Vs West Ham has to stop.

I don't even mind losing matches if we go for it but to not even try to go for it and still lose. Then no this is not for me and he needs to go.

View attachment 10888
Cool video. Ali ended up with a soggy brain at a young age from his rope-a-dope tactics.

We can only hope.

I don't need fancy dan football, I don't need trophies but I do need to see a plan. I do need to see you learning and adjusting to mistakes. I do want to see us attack and attempt to score goals. The cowardly crap we've been witnessing since the 2nd half Vs West Ham has to stop.

To be fair, I can't think of many managers who actually do that. I'd even go so far as to say that most of them keep the same system through rough times, if only because coaching these days is all about patterns and combinations. Ironically, Mourinho's downfall began when he tried to react to the West Ham game.

Having said that, it's difficult to argue that the football on display is absolutely abject at the moment.

Said it many times, but we have a far, far better squad than Villa, Leicester, West Ham and Everton.

They're outperforming us though given we dont have any system. There's only one person who is responsible for installing a way of playing

Well if neither Pochettino nor Mourinho can get this bunch to play better than Villa, Leicester or Everton these past couple of seasons then maybe you need to reassess quite how talented our squad is... if only the transfer committee had been brave and secured Grealish or Maddison’s signatures then perhaps they’d have done better job than Moura and our injury prone Argentinians... can now see why nobody activated Alderweireld’s £25m release clause 2 summers ago whilst Eriksen’s struggle to get into Inter’s first team plus the lack of offers for Rose also shows how far our squad has declined in recent years.

Not digging you out at all but as you mentioned Eric Dier
Where would you play him?

Id get rid together with quite a few others

Eric Dier should not be a starting CB in the league or Uefa Cup. He can start Carabao or be sold to a team of his level which at best is the lower half of the PL.

He's a brick CB, who doesn't win headers, gets turned for pace at the drop of a hat and makes a mistake a game leading to a goal. Bin.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back