• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Were we different or were Son & Kane on fire?
We were different
For a start we didn’t make individual defensive errors. its quite key that but alone
Wolves today IMO never looked like scoring until he run off a defender and the delay of the delay from Davies us what cost us. Shame as he was having a really solid game.

I disagree - they have added variety, even if at hard their default is gegenpressing etc.
Klopp has indeed had a lot of acquisitions, but as we know only too well, that is no guarantee of success etc
It helps if you have time to replace your whole first 11 though and then bed them in

ICYMI I posted this on Monday...

Pochettino also got 1 point from his 41st PL match, after we drew 1-1 with Leicester.

Pochettino lost 0-1 to Emirates Marketing Project in the 41st PL game before the end of his tenure.
Comparing poch record to Jose is bonkers. Poch came in to a tight wallet levy club that had rarely cracked the top 4. Mou came in to cheat$ki with an open spout to spend.

Comparing poch record to Jose is bonkers. Poch came in to a tight wallet levy club that had rarely cracked the top 4. Mou came in to cheat$ki with an open spout to spend.

That’s Mourinho’s first 40 PL games as Tottenham manager...

His first 40 at €helski was Won 31 Drawn 8 Lost 1 Points 101

And FWIW at ManU it was Won 20 Drawn 15 Lost 5 Points 75

Interesting that Gold and Brooks are now openly questioning the methods: how we play vs Fulham (regardless of result) will be telling...no excuses for parking the bus all game against them.

Jose being outcoached more and more and he has to now show he isn't a one-trick pony AND can create a system that gets more out of the players in an attacking sense (and more of them not just the main first team)

All eyes on Jose now...

Jose intimating in interviews that he instructed the players at half time to attack more and get a 2nd goal. What I suspect this translates to is,
keep our shape with 9 men behind the ball and if we get a chance to play out quickly to Harry and Sonny then go for it.

I’m sorry but that in no way transfers the burden to the players like what’s being inferred. If u want a team to go out and attack more you need to set them up accordingly. We had wing backs that didn’t cross the half way line.

Jose intimating in interviews that he instructed the players at half time to attack more and get a 2nd goal. What I suspect this translates to is,
keep our shape with 9 men behind the ball and if we get a chance to play out quickly to Harry and Sonny then go for it.

I’m sorry but that in no way transfers the burden to the players like what’s being inferred. If u want a team to go out and attack more you need to set them up accordingly. We had wing backs that didn’t cross the half way line.

I think his main dig was at the wing-backs, and noticeable that he took Regi off

That said, he picked a team with 3CB and 2CMs who dont threaten the opposition box. It placed huge reliance on the wing-backs to support kane, Son and Tubby

Said it when we were top (I think it was then at least), we have to improve our chance creation, especially against the teams outside the top, improve our xG.

It remains a problem. Can understand not wanting to take big risks against a Wolverhampton team that thrives on counter attacking when up by a goal away from home. But we were toothless both in controlled possession and on the break, that's not good enough. It wouldn't have been good enough if we had held on to the 3 points either.

Big job ahead as it always would be and now with the pressure increasing.

Just need to revert as much as possible to the methods before the West Ham game, that looks to have spooked Jose.

My biggest fear is when you look us going forward we look poor Kane and Son look changed players.

Said it when we were top (I think it was then at least), we have to improve our chance creation, especially against the teams outside the top, improve our xG.

It remains a problem. Can understand not wanting to take big risks against a Wolverhampton team that thrives on counter attacking when up by a goal away from home. But we were toothless both in controlled possession and on the break, that's not good enough. It wouldn't have been good enough if we had held on to the 3 points either.

Big job ahead as it always would be and now with the pressure increasing.
The positive is that we are definitely more difficult to beat away from home, our only defeat in the league being against Liverpool and that was harsh itself. It’s a case of finding a better balance.

Also despite the several transfers last window, it appears most are nothing more than squad fillers for Europa League games in the main- unfortunately including Bale so the actual change in personnel in the main hasn’t been significant, Hojberg and Reguilon the only real regulars. I’d imagine Mourinho still wants a commanding CB and another CM for the first team....

The positive is that we are definitely more difficult to beat away from home, our only defeat in the league being against Liverpool and that was harsh itself. It’s a case of finding a better balance.

Also despite the several transfers last window, it appears most are nothing more than squad fillers for Europa League games in the main- unfortunately including Bale so the actual change in personnel in the main hasn’t been significant, Hojberg and Reguilon the only real regulars. I’d imagine Mourinho still wants a commanding CB and another CM for the first team....
There are definitely a lot of positives even if the negatives understandably gets more attention right now.

The transfers and new players is an important point I think. People say that this is his second season, but in previous second seasons he's had two full summer transfer windows to strengthen the squad. As well as more time to work with the players of course.

Back