• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Yes, I was trying to think who in particular he was talking about. My best guess is the wing backs given Jose set us up tonight with a block of 5 (CBs and CMs) none of whom are threats to the opponents box. He knew those 5 wouldnt push on

Probably the wing-backs. He couldn't throw Ndombele under the bus, not after his goal - Kane and Son are untouchable, and I'd like to think the club would happily, cheerfully choose them over him if it came down to it, because he certainly isn't worth losing them. Hojbjerg is his son. Winksy - maybe. But most likely Reggie and Doherty.

Cross-roads moment for Jose now.

He either changes tack and trains/drills us to ACTUALLY ATTACK or he will definitely be consigned to the history books as yesterday's man who couldn't adapt with the times.

He has been backed and, whilst we have had a more grueling match schedule than almost all other PL sides, he has rotation options and can't bring up any excuses re tiredness etc (particularly given how we play so defensively anyway...)

No place to hide now and no-one to deflect blame to: time to act or Shut it...

He won't change. This is the beginning of the end of his reign. Only question is how long it takes

I would be happy for him to go TBH, the football is utterly turgid,

He has no class, he can not admit a mistake and he is lucky that he can sell some of our fans ice as if they were Eskimos. This is the most negative football I have seen us play from a manager at the start of their tenure since the French bloke who got home sick and went home after about 4 games.

15m for this

Last edited:
Cross-roads moment for Jose now.

He either changes tack and trains/drills us to ACTUALLY ATTACK or he will definitely be consigned to the history books as yesterday's man who couldn't adapt with the times.

He has been backed and, whilst we have had a more grueling match schedule than almost all other PL sides, he has rotation options and can't bring up any excuses re tiredness etc (particularly given how we play so defensively anyway...)

No place to hide now and no-one to deflect blame to: time to act or Shut it...

I don't think so, there hasn't been a shift in system and this got us to the top of the league a few weeks ago, we were lauded after the City win.

Personally I hope not, I think this will work aces when we stop making individual errors.

He won't change. This is the beginning of the end of his reign. Only question is how long it takes

The thing is, surely he knows that if he is already going towards the downward hill with us, he's effectively going to be retired at the top level as no-one higher than us will go for him...it's that realisation that might, MIGHT force him to change his ways...

Just to say this thread will be viewed as knee-jerk to a specific result. It isn't. As has always been said, when he's getting results some of us can find it in our deep toolboxes to look the other way and appreciate the table position. When he isn't, the patience and supporter-hypocrisy goes flying out of the window. Understandably so IMO.

I would be happy for him to go TBH, the football is utterly turgid, his first 40 games is the same as Poch last and Poch was on the decline.

He has no class, he can not admit a mistake and he is lucky that he can sell some of our fans ice as if they were Eskimos. This is the most negative football I have seen us play from a manager at the start of their tenure since the French bloke who got home sick and went home after about 4 games.

15m for this

You can say what you like about Pochettino, but he never approached game negatively.

The thing is, surely he knows that if he is already going towards the downward hill with us, he's effectively going to be retired at the top level as no-one higher than us will go for him...it's that realisation that might, MIGHT force him to change his ways...

I genuinely think he believes this is the best way to maximise what he has.

Just to say this thread will be viewed as knee-jerk to a specific result. It isn't. As has always been said, when he's getting results some of us can find it in our deep toolboxes to look the other way and appreciate the table position. When he isn't, the patience and supporter-hypocrisy goes flying out of the window. Understandably so IMO.
It’s a results business many of us on here could swallow the tactics when they worked against Emirates Marketing Project, for example, and we were top of the league. But 2 from 12 with deep lying defending and low block negativity will rile many of us up.

I don't think so, there hasn't been a shift in system and this got us to the top of the league a few weeks ago, we were lauded after the City win.

Personally I hope not, I think this will work aces when we stop making individual errors.

That system got us top because we were mostly playing teams who suited the way we played: deep and scoring via breakaways. But with our defence that can only be effective for so long. Jose being supposedly a great coach should have known that and pushed us to score a second goal in games before totally shutting up shop. Football is ever evolving especially in our very competetive league: a few weeks ago Ole, for example, looked at dud compared to Jose...look at things now...

You could respect Poch for his bravery and his fundamental decency as a man.

You can respect Mourinho for his results.

The things you could respect Poch for never went away - even in the end, when it was clear his sorry lot of players had let him down and his energy had gone. You respected the man.

When the results go away, though, there's really nothing to respect about Mourinho.

He knows this - and if he doesn't, well, it's his career.

This is his last chance saloon - screw this up, and his next job will be with Qarabag or some such irrelevance in a dictator-backed third-world league with more money than sense.

He's had a week where his lack of huevos has been shown up for all to see - we've been outclassed by Palace, Leicester and now Wolves.

Up to him how he sets us up for Fulham. This team has the attacking chops to win games. If he doesn't let them loose, it's his funeral, and I will shed no tears for this bloke.

Honestly, i think we as a club broke Jose on new years day 2015; overall, since then, he's become more and more defensive and i genuinely question if he actually knows how to coach his teams to score via pass and move apart from hitting teams on the break or scoring via set-pieces...

Honestly, i think we as a club broke Jose on new years day 2015; overall, since then, he's become more and more defensive and i genuinely question if he actually knows how to coach his teams to score via pass and move apart from hitting teams on the break or scoring via set-pieces...

I don't think anyone has scored a goal like that since Fergie's United in the 90's have they?

Thats football now.

Back