• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I don't think so, there hasn't been a shift in system and this got us to the top of the league a few weeks ago, we were lauded after the City win.

Personally I hope not, I think this will work aces when we stop making individual errors.
It's Greece Euro 2004 stuff.

Like then, it could work, but all other times, it hasn't.

You could respect Poch for his bravery and his fundamental decency as a man.

You can respect Mourinho for his results.

The things you could respect Poch for never went away - even in the end, when it was clear his sorry lot of players had let him down and his energy had gone. You respected the man.

When the results go away, though, there's really nothing to respect about Mourinho.

He knows this - and if he doesn't, well, it's his career.

This is his last chance saloon - screw this up, and his next job will be with Qarabag or some such irrelevance in a dictator-backed third-world league with more money than sense.

He's had a week where his lack of huevos has been shown up for all to see - we've been outclassed by Palace, Leicester and now Wolves.

Up to him how he sets us up for Fulham. This team has the attacking chops to win games. If he doesn't let them loose, it's his funeral, and I will shed no tears for this bloke.

Not to mention what Levy's put on the line for him.

I don't think anyone has scored a goal like that since Fergie's United in the 90's have they?

Thats football now.

It's been Jose all over for years now. For the best coaches these are the icing on the cake that can be the difference in big games. The best coaches have more strings to their bow than just using these as their main tactics (like i believe Jose seems to now)

Said exactly the same in the match thread. We have no alternative plan.

We do its called Jose preempting press conferences and saying he does not ask to play negative and we will drill on set pieces like we always do aka passing the buck.

TBH the bloke talks crap and its sold as genius, its only genius if it keeps you guessing not when it sounds like a lie

It's been Jose all over for years now. For the best coaches these are the icing on the cake that can be the difference in big games. The best coaches have more strings to their bow than just using these as their main tactics (like i believe Jose seems to now)
How do you explain pool and city only playing one way?
In fact it’s exactly why pool are top as they players they have brought into the team get the way there okaying now after 4 years

How do you explain pool and city only playing one way?
In fact it’s exactly why pool are top as they players they have brought into the team get the way there okaying now after 4 years

You might say City play one way (a complicated form of tiki-taka one might call it) but Liverpool cannot be said play one way. Klopp has evolved that team over the years and as a football fan its intriguing to watch (as much as it is painful as a non-scouser...)

Either way, both seem to value scoring goals as a way to kill off a game better than Jose has for some time now...

You might say City play one way (a complicated form of tiki-taka one might call it) but Liverpool cannot be said play one way. Klopp has evolved that team over the years and as a football fan its intriguing to watch (as much as it is painful as a non-scouser...)

Either way, both seem to value scoring goals as a way to kill off a game better than Jose has for some time now...
I think pool play one way. It’s why they do well but sometimes come unstuck as it’s predictable
It’s high press and fast transitions. Play with some aggression and a high line
They have never played a deep defence, and haven’t played counter attacking for some time
What’s the variety? Their system works and their top

Why the lack of actual rotation? Why has Vinicius barely had a look in? What's the point of buying these players if we aren't going to actually use them to give our 'main first team' a rest more than we are currently?
Where was Vini tonight?
That’s key
We dont know
But Vinci has missed squads before
No Lucas though is an interesting add on
And yes there are rumours (no substantiation) that the6 were with the arsenal Brazilians recently and their out due to COVID

Surely not? Pochs last 40 games vs Mous first 40??

Unless I'm reading that wrong

ICYMI I posted this on Monday...

FWIW... despite this miserable week, Mourinho is still ahead on league wins plus goals at the same stage of his tenure!

Pochettino (first 40 PL) won:19 drawn:8 lost:13 for:60 against:56 points:65

Pochettino (last 40 PL) won:19 drawn:7 lost:14 for:69 against:48 points:64

Mourinho (first 40 PL) won:20 drawn:10 lost:10 for:68 against:44 points:70

Pochettino also got 1 point from his 41st PL match, after we drew 1-1 with Leicester.

Pochettino lost 0-1 to Emirates Marketing Project in the 41st PL game before the end of his tenure.

Last edited:
The issue isn't that we play one way, it's that the one way we play is only really suited to a couple of specific situations - if we were able to assert ourselves on opponents, like Liverpool and City then it wouldn't matter

I think pool play one way. It’s why they do well but sometimes come unstuck as it’s predictable
It’s high press and fast transitions. Play with some aggression and a high line
They have never played a deep defence, and haven’t played counter attacking for some time
What’s the variety? Their system works and their top

The variation is that they are much more a footballing/posession side than they used to be. Before it was all hitting long passes to Salah and Mane and hope they get in behind. When that space was denied they were mostly toothless.

Now they have a more posession-based approach that is more patient. Their full backs pushing up help their midfielders to make more efforts to find quality throughballs and pin a team back until they see such a gap.

Look at our game vs them in February 2018 and compare to our game more recently. Pool were purely blood and thunder then (and prone to tire after blowing their load early) but now have a much more rounded approach now aided by the likes of Van Dyke, Fabinho and now even more so by the likes of Jota, Thiago etc.

Klopp has evolved them it pains me to say. I think he's a much more rounded coach than Pep now

The issue isn't that we play one way, it's that the one way we play is only really suited to a couple of specific situations - if we were able to assert ourselves on opponents, like Liverpool and City then it wouldn't matter
But we have seen this season we can play others ways. We did it for the first 10 games of the season
I don’t know why he isn’t finding a balance. It’s possible he is trying to get to be able to pla6 his supper defensive way right first before adding anything else as clearly it’s still not quite right

I think if Jose wasn't already trying to pin blame on the players i'd think he could work hard to turn thinmgs around re our tactics and approach.

The fact he is however, suggests he REALLY doesn't know what to do...so we're f-ed :(

The variation is that they are much more a footballing/posession side than they used to be. Before it was all hitting long passes to Salad and Mane and hope they get in behind. When that space was denied they were mostly toothless.

Now they have a more posession-based approach that is more patient. Their full backs pushing up help their midfielders to make more efforts to find quality throughballs and pin a team back until they see such a gap.

Look at our game vs them in February 2018 and compare to our game more recently. Pool were purely blood and thunder then (and prone to tire after blowing their load early) but now have a much more rounded approach now aided by the likes of Van Dyke, Fabinho and now even more so by the likes of Jota, Thiago etc.

Klopp has evolved them it pains me to say. I think he's a much more rounded coach than Pep now

They have changed their whole team that game. That’s partly coaching but a hell of a lot of work on acquisitions.
They backed the manager and gave him a hell of a lot of time to get it right
And their football has changed but I don’t think they have that variety anymore

But we have seen this season we can play others ways. We did it for the first 10 games of the season
I don’t know why he isn’t finding a balance. It’s possible he is trying to get to be able to pla6 his supper defensive way right first before adding anything else as clearly it’s still not quite right

Were we different or were Son & Kane on fire?

They have changed their whole team that game. That’s partly coaching but a hell of a lot of work on acquisitions.
They backed the manager and gave him a hell of a lot of time to get it right
And their football has changed but I don’t think they have that variety anymore

I disagree - they have added variety, even if at heart their default is gegenpressing etc.
Klopp has indeed had a lot of acquisitions, but as we know only too well, that is no guarantee of success etc

Last edited:
Back