• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Assuming we can put away a championship team, we're only 90 mins from a trophy. Whether that's good for us I'm not sure - it'll prolong Jose's reign.

We desperately need to hold the ball more and push up another 10-15 yards

I hope a Carabao Cup doesn't keep him employed. Ramos and Graham won one each but I much rathered watching us under BMJ, Harry and Poch. We've got to be better than this and Jose, for 15m a year or whatever, has to be better than this.

He's said twice now that the players "couldn't do what he asked" against Wolves and Palace. Well then you're asking them to do the wrong things because that set of players is more than good enough to win games against those sides with a one goal head start.

Can i just say that i really enjoyed the performances and results up to the Antwerp home game (and also the Liverpool game despite the final loss).

Do people remember the subs Jose made in that game to bring on Son and Kane and many of us (myself included) thought that seemed odd/unneccesary....well perhaps that was the beginning of this///

Just seen his post game interview. Blamed the players and said ask them what he told them to do at half time (or words to that effect)

I assume he is not stupid enough to play these awful, awful, awful tactics unless he feels forced to. So the natural conclusion has to be that his assessment is that our squad is relegation quality.
With a couple obvious exceptions he'd be dead right. Practically every other team outplays us 90% of the time. We just happen to have two quality strikers who are brilliant at feeding off crumbs.

Just seen his post game interview. Blamed the players and said ask them what he told them to do at half time (or words to that effect)

Yes, I was trying to think who in particular he was talking about. My best guess is the wing backs given Jose set us up tonight with a block of 5 (CBs and CMs) none of whom are threats to the opponents box. He knew those 5 wouldnt push on

With a couple obvious exceptions he'd be dead right. Practically every other team outplays us 90% of the time. We just happen to have two quality strikers who are brilliant at feeding off crumbs.

I’d suggest Mourinho is a very significant part of why we are outplayed (or rather, under sustained pressure) most of the time. It would appear that is how he wants it.

Cross-roads moment for Jose now.

He either changes tack and trains/drills us to ACTUALLY ATTACK or he will definitely be consigned to the history books as yesterday's man who couldn't adapt with the times.

He has been backed and, whilst we have had a more grueling match schedule than almost all other PL sides, he has rotation options and can't bring up any excuses re tiredness etc (particularly given how we play so defensively anyway...)

No place to hide now and no-one to deflect blame to: time to act or Shut it...

Back