• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Gotta be honest, I do find it boring at times. Might as well have not watched that second half and I don’t bother with watching highlights or MOTD 2 much to see the game again.

I support it and Mourinho though, we have to get some trophies into this highly talented squad. I always feel happy after a win too and obviously the goals are very enjoyable.

Gotta be honest, I do find it boring at times. Might as well have not watched that second half and I don’t bother with watching highlights or MOTD 2 much to see the game again.

I support it and Mourinho though, we have to get some trophies into this highly talented squad. I always feel happy after a win too and obviously the goals are very enjoyable.
The boring part is interesting.

We're at around two months, 6 PL games, after the West Ham collapse and it's already "boring" to be 2 goals up against Arsenal with them trying their hardest to break us down and put us under pressure.

I'm not quite there myself. I always fear the one goal that changes everything, the error that's about to come.

But it says something about the performances we've seen.

I don't want our games to be exciting, I want them to be boring easy wins, I want it to become so boring I don't even bother watching the games anymore, just read the 1-0 win notification to my phone.

We're at around two months, 6 PL games, after the West Ham collapse and it's already "boring" to be 2 goals up against Arsenal with them trying their hardest to break us down and put us under pressure.

I'm not quite there myself. I always fear the one goal that changes everything, the error that's about to come.

I think we are getting more consistent

Our record

Jose last season -> 26 games, 13 wins, 6 draws, 7 losses = 1.7 ppg (badly affected by injuries, shown by what happens when you separate post Covid break)
Jose last season (post break) -> 9 games, 5 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss = 2 ppg
Jose this season -> 11 games, 7 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss = 2.1 ppg

So we have form of last 20 league games with 12 wins, 6 draws, 2 losses at 2+ppg

The irony being that the highlights are not boring, filled to the brim with excellent goals, near goals, blocks, saves and Hojbjerg antics.

the last time we were top at this stage of the year was 1987 as i recall being stated a week or so ago.

1987. THE LAST TIME. WE WERE TOP. IN DECEMBER.

If people have complaints about Jose's football at this stage, i quite frankly couldn't give a brick. I want to be entertained sure, but i'd rather be successful. Now we can argue til the cows come home about what constitutes success, and until it's June next year we cannot say we have or have not been successful.

What we can say, is we haven't been at this point in the league in over 30 years. Which is fudging insane when you think about it. And i'll take being top of the league in December right now, getting 3 banging league results on the trot even if the football isn't thrilling. We might lose to Palace, but that should not hide from the massive strides of improvements this team has made.

I think the interesting thing is how Jose evolves the side in future seasons. At the moment, the tactics which we're playing help our CBs massively given that opponents cant get in behind them and they have two CMs sitting in front of them to protect them. He's doing the right thing at the moment given the resources available though

the last time we were top at this stage of the year was 1987 as i recall being stated a week or so ago.

1987. THE LAST TIME. WE WERE TOP. IN DECEMBER.

If people have complaints about Jose's football at this stage, i quite frankly couldn't give a brick. I want to be entertained sure, but i'd rather be successful. Now we can argue til the cows come home about what constitutes success, and until it's June next year we cannot say we have or have not been successful.

What we can say, is we haven't been at this point in the league in over 30 years. Which is fudging insane when you think about it. And i'll take being top of the league in December right now, getting 3 banging league results on the trot even if the football isn't thrilling. We might lose to Palace, but that should not hide from the massive strides of improvements this team has made.

That's strange because you're doing a good impression of someone who does give a brick about it.

That's strange because you're doing a good impression of someone who does give a brick about it.

Ha, I can finally understand why people dislike Spurs fans so much. An extremely non-successful club who's last league title was 60 years ago, currently has fans finding fault or still complaining with being top of the league at this stage for the first time in 30 years.

Have a Merry Christmas though!

giphy.gif

You play sport at the top level ( any level really) to be winners, not to be good losers and i never understand those who complain about the way we go about being winners. We were a shambles 12 months ago and the football was really poor and yet a manger has come in and changed the hopes of both players and fans that we could be winners.

Do not get me wrong i love to see cavalier football ( and am thankful for being able to see the likes of Hoddle, Gazza etc) but in all truth we normally end up winning nothing and seasons fading away. Jose IS a winner and to see what he has done so far ( in 12 months) makes me feel good about our prospects to be winners again ( and we all know its been a while).

Its still early days and there will probably be stumbles along the way so i am not getting carried away, however our team are not only looking better on the pitch but i can also see the players are starting to believe that they can win things once again.

Ha, I can finally understand why people dislike Spurs fans so much. An extremely non-successful club who's last league title was 60 years ago, currently has fans finding fault or still complaining with being top of the league at this stage for the first time in 30 years.

This might blow your little mind mate but it's entirely possible for people to be critical of a particular aspect of the clubs performance whilst also being pleased with other aspects or infact the overall direction the club is moving.

It's a new less involving way of watching football with Mourinho for me, that's not a bad thing at all, he knows what he's doing. Might just take a bit of time to get used to.

giphy.gif

Ah be fair. It's a discussion board. If we all only say how great things are, we have an circle jerking echo chamber. I'm sure every poster on here is thrilled and surprised to be top of the league but there are aspects worth discussing.

Nigeyman got battered on here for questioning Poch in early 2018 and a lot of what he said came to pass. It's always worth having the dissenting voices.

giphy.gif

Comes with the territory, mate - we all have our pet grumbles. Makes the constant disappointment more tolerable.

Personally, it's been pretty damn strange these past few months, not being able to rage at Levy for anything. Semi-hoping he does something I can yell angrily about, just so things go back to normal. :D

EQ_EvG0U8AA1Qs0 (1).jpg

Last edited:
This might blow your little mind mate but

A tad unfair methinks! The 30 year thing is mind-blowing though. It is a reminder how far a financially doped league has lowered our expectations. Think back to when big Martin J came in and we had the novelty and the sheer joy of almost expecting to win some home games! Fact is that we were seriously sexy for quite a few years (3-5 against Manure comes to mind). If aiming for the heights means we play in a more solid and boring way, I'm all for it, but let's face it, we could be Champions and folk would still complain.

This might blow your little mind mate but

A tad unfair methinks! The 30 year thing is mind-blowing though. It is a reminder how far a financially doped league has lowered our expectations. Think back to when big Martin J came in and we had the novelty and the sheer joy of almost expecting to win some home games! Fact is that we were seriously sexy for quite a few years (3-5 against Manure comes to mind). If aiming for the heights means we play in a more solid and boring way, I'm all for it, but let's face it, we could be Champions and folk would still complain.

People will#, I'm putting my bet now, a trophy and top 4 this season and people will bitch still ..

Back