• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Tanganga on working with Mourinho: "It's amazing.
"I've learned so much from the attention he pays to the game, not only my game and what I can improve on, but tactics and game awareness.
"The amount of help he's given not only me but all of us. It's amazing."

Nigeyman got battered on here for questioning Poch in early 2018 and a lot of what he said came to pass. It's always worth having the dissenting voices.

My batty was a door handle and every one got a turn, never been the same since.

Personally I am finding it weird to adjust to our style, but I love the winning...flabbergasted tbh we kept clean sheets against Emirates Marketing Project, Chels, unt the goons.

Keep up the good work. Despite all that he has achieved until today he had three Manager of the Month awards - same as Stuart Pearce, Alan Curbishley and Pardew. What a joke...

My batty was a door handle and every one got a turn, never been the same since.

Personally I am finding it weird to adjust to our style, but I love the winning...flabbergasted tbh we kept clean sheets against Emirates Marketing Project, Chels, unt the goons.

Same, I dont think we are playing particularly well but long may winning continue.

Keep up the good work. Despite all that he has achieved until today he had three Manager of the Month awards - same as Stuart Pearce, Alan Curbishley and Pardew. What a joke...

They don’t seem to award it to managers of the super/dominant clubs.

Good to see they are doing so now.

Same, I dont think we are playing particularly well but long may winning continue.

I wonder how many spurs fans feel 'strange, maybe even bemused by our current situation?

We are top and have arrived at a handsome place following three very difficult games. Yet our method of winning somewhat goes against our DNA, maybe even our very soul.

And I actually feel angry at myself for not being fully relaxed at what Jose is moulding us into...it's what I wanted, well In truth I was desperate for Simeone and for us to be successful I felt we needed to adopt the Atleti model...We have done, albeit with a similar manager who I always liked and never imagined seeing at spurs. I wanted our players to start fist pumping when making goal preventing challenges, I'm seeing that now.

Son is our Griezmann, Kane is our Costa. We are following a blueprint which I believe in our current competition with all the challenges we face is our only genuine shot at getting some glory.

And listening to mates and work colleagues who support different clubs I know we are on the right track...never before have I sensed a genuine fear that they think we could do something, never have I seen such a desire in them to see us fail, where once they seemed relaxed we would inevitably falter, this time they keep betraying the fear they want to hide by constantly banging on about our style, clinging onto that as a stick to beat us with.

Sherwood like myself can speak some guff but the 'Mourinho brainwashing our players' comment was a gold nugget, sifted out from a trough of poo.

Interestingly enough he is doing the same to some, if not all of our fans, but seriously, what's the point in pointless possession? Can we really outscore every opponent by playing the 'gung ho 'spurs way'?

People view football differently, and different things people find beautiful...I see the beauty of our tracking back, closing the spaces with dogged determination, players fighting not to let teammates down, Hoijberg rattling around like a madman protecting our central defenders...and quick, deadly counter attacking goals I find very exciting.

I, maybe like others am finding it strange to see us behind the ball in a low block, yet despite our DNA, I'm desperate for us to win, desperate for us to taste some glory.

I told myself when Mourinho got the job that this is what I wanted, the payment was collected by the devil in exchange for winning, a different path to tread than the one that always ended up at 'nearly'

Big tests on the way over the Christmas period, I just pray we can keep our momentum.

I wonder how many spurs fans feel 'strange, maybe even bemused by our current situation?

We are top and have arrived at a handsome place following three very difficult games. Yet our method of winning somewhat goes against our DNA, maybe even our very soul.

And I actually feel angry at myself for not being fully relaxed at what Jose is moulding us into...it's what I wanted, well In truth I was desperate for Simeone and for us to be successful I felt we needed to adopt the Atleti model...We have done, albeit with a similar manager who I always liked and never imagined seeing at spurs. I wanted our players to start fist pumping when making goal preventing challenges, I'm seeing that now.

Son is our Griezmann, Kane is our Costa. We are following a blueprint which I believe in our current competition with all the challenges we face is our only genuine shot at getting some glory.

And listening to mates and work colleagues who support different clubs I know we are on the right track...never before have I sensed a genuine fear that they think we could do something, never have I seen such a desire in them to see us fail, where once they seemed relaxed we would inevitably falter, this time they keep betraying the fear they want to hide by constantly banging on about our style, clinging onto that as a stick to beat us with.

Sherwood like myself can speak some guff but the 'Mourinho brainwashing our players' comment was a gold nugget, sifted out from a trough of poo.

Interestingly enough he is doing the same to some, if not all of our fans, but seriously, what's the point in pointless possession? Can we really outscore every opponent by playing the 'gung ho 'spurs way'?

People view football differently, and different things people find beautiful...I see the beauty of our tracking back, closing the spaces with dogged determination, players fighting not to let teammates down, Hoijberg rattling around like a madman protecting our central defenders...and quick, deadly counter attacking goals I find very exciting.

I, maybe like others am finding it strange to see us behind the ball in a low block, yet despite our DNA, I'm desperate for us to win, desperate for us to taste some glory.

I told myself when Mourinho got the job that this is what I wanted, the payment was collected by the devil in exchange for winning, a different path to tread than the one that always ended up at 'nearly'

Big tests on the way over the Christmas period, I just pray we can keep our momentum.

As always you give me a lot to answer, a few thoughts

- We have a history/DNA of a way we "want" to play (perhaps more than we were always able to play), but not a history of winning (Jose has more trophies than us as a club)
- The club importantly seems to have put trophies to the front of the priority list (after getting Europe, training ground, stadium, global profile, etc.), hence the hiring of Jose and the backing (to almost beyond what anyone would have expected)

For once, I think we may have got the timing right

- Top football in last decade or more has been first the possession based, passing game of Barca/Pep, then transitioned to the Klopp/Bayern physical attacking overload game and now may be changing again (is it a surprise that Atletico and Spurs are top of their leagues?)

I like this new Spurs, where we tactically expose opponents, punish them ruthlessly and then frustrate them to nothing changes for the rest of the game. I also think people need to fair and realize the game we played yesterday was nothing like the game against the Scum, and if given the same squad it would have been a much more open/attacking game, so fans need to enjoy the way we adjust, adapt and most importantly win!

All the years of "if Spurs were a little less naïve, a little more controlled and if the players stood up to be counted", it's now .. lets enjoy it and the manager who may just deliver what we have all been so desperate for ..

Well done to Mourinho for winning the Manager Of The Month award. Amazingly, this is the first time a Spurs manager is winning this award since Pochettino won it in April 2017. Surprisingly, despite all the trophies he won with Chelsea, this is only the 4th time Mourinho has won this award.

For the record, these are the Manager Of The Month awards won by Spurs managers :
October 2001 = Glenn Hoddle
August 2002 = Glenn Hoddle
December 2004 = Martin Jol
August 2009 = Harry Redknapp
September 2011 = Harry Redknapp
November 2011 = Harry Redknapp
December 2012 = André Villas-Boas
February 2013 = André Villas-Boas
September 2015 = Mauricio Pochettino
February 2016 = Mauricio Pochettino
April 2017 = Mauricio Pochettino
November 2020 = José Mourinho

Not sure how Hoddle won it twice as don't really remember us being outstanding when he was the manager.

I think the fact Mourinho has only won 3 Manager Of The Month awards before has more to do with him upsetting everyone with his outspoken views ! Obviously, he is very diplomatic since joining us but he was not so while he was at Chelsea !:D

For the record, this is only the 4th time Mourinho has won the Manager Of The Month award, after wining with Chelsea in November 2004, January 2005 and March 2007. So, now he has won it with us after a gap of 13 long years !

Crazy stat. Maybe Jose is 9/10 most months rather than 5/10 most with a freak 10/10 once a season. Similar to Kane not winning our poty too, it’s like he doesn’t get chosen as he doesn’t need the boost...

I think the fact Mourinho has only won 3 Manager Of The Month awards before has more to do with him upsetting everyone with his outspoken views ! Obviously, he is very diplomatic since joining us but he was not so while he was at Chelsea !:D

For the record, this is only the 4th time Mourinho has won the Manager Of The Month award, after wining with Chelsea in November 2004, January 2005 and March 2007. So, now he has won it with us after a gap of 13 long years !

I assume he got manager of the year awards?

Dont think we have ever had one. They were not around in Billy Nicholson's time.

Well done to Mourinho for winning the Manager Of The Month award. Amazingly, this is the first time a Spurs manager is winning this award since Pochettino won it in April 2017. Surprisingly, despite all the trophies he won with Chelsea, this is only the 4th time Mourinho has won this award.

For the record, these are the Manager Of The Month awards won by Spurs managers :
October 2001 = Glenn Hoddle
August 2002 = Glenn Hoddle
December 2004 = Martin Jol
August 2009 = Harry Redknapp
September 2011 = Harry Redknapp
November 2011 = Harry Redknapp
December 2012 = André Villas-Boas
February 2013 = André Villas-Boas
September 2015 = Mauricio Pochettino
February 2016 = Mauricio Pochettino
April 2017 = Mauricio Pochettino
November 2020 = José Mourinho

Not sure how Hoddle won it twice as don't really remember us being outstanding when he was the manager.
Hoddle’s team was really good to watch and he got us in to top 4 around Christmas time, but it was such an old team they just ran out of steam by Feb! This was before you had the large squads we have now.

Back