• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jimmy Savile

This will be my last post on this topic, as it is so very dark.

BBC Documentary which aired in 2002.

Belgium - An Olenka Frenkiel investigation

[video=youtube;0uCoqldzLJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0uCoqldzLJs[/video]

Part 2 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfzQiJMrIbc

Part 3 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiSnCRVP1zI

Edit : As this is one step removed from us in the UK I hope it is more palatable, I urge people to watch this.

I remember this story breaking and it sickened me to the it of my stomach and the ends of my soul.
A harrowing, disgusting documentary...

Nothing is worse than crime like this.
No other crime is worse to me.

I personally applaud your attempts to widen the potential perspective of people. I won't say that everyone in a seat of power is a nonce, but I agree that there are strains of abhorrent, putrid and absolutely unforgivable corruption that exist within our so-called "safe" structures...the saddest thing is, we will never, ever be able to fully control them.

I remember this story breaking and it sickened me to the it of my stomach and the ends of my soul.
A harrowing, disgusting documentary...

Nothing is worse than crime like this.
No other crime is worse to me.

I personally applaud your attempts to widen the potential perspective of people. I won't say that everyone in a seat of power is a nonce, but I agree that there are strains of abhorrent, putrid and absolutely unforgivable corruption that exist within our so-called "safe" structures...the saddest thing is, we will never, ever be able to fully control them.

Thanks Steff, means alot. I'm not saying every member of any group of course.

I don't mind taking slack in threads like these, and have never reported anyone (on any board) for the abuse it draws (couldn't do here anyway as a high percentage of the abuse used to come from Mods!). It's enough for me to know that by posting these type of things, that perhaps the next time someone reads something akin to it their minds may be ready to actually absorb some of the information rather than recoil and attack the messenger as a defense mechanism.

Never say never though. Truths do out, sadly most of these are to long after the events, as with Saville, so those abused may have already gone on to become abusers in some cases, perpetuating this societal sickness.

You are the first Mod to both defend my posting of borderland subjects and also to show some interest, careful the masons will kick you out :lol:.

Last edited:

I don't mind taking slack in threads like these, and have never reported anyone (on any board) for the abuse it draws (couldn't do here anyway as a high percentage of the abuse used to come from Mods!). It's enough for me to know that by posting these type of things, that perhaps the next time someone reads something akin to it their minds may be ready to actually absorb some of the information rather than recoil and attack the messenger as a defense mechanism.

Never say never though. Truths do out, sadly most of these are to long after the events, as with Saville, so those abused may have already gone on to become abusers in some cases, perpetuating this societal sickness.

You are the first Mod to both defend my posting of borderland subjects and also to show some interest, careful the masons will kick you out :lol:.

Kick him out?

We havn't even taught him the special handshake yet.

You rarely see the digestive coming, let alone get a chance to run.

Indeed, given that it is not purely a biscuit given the fact it can also be used with cheddar, thus marking it as a cracker-biscuit...like me it would appear?!! Christ. I must reverse and get out fast!

Ah no worries mate...I am probably (quite rightly!) viewed as a tad eccentric with regards to my specific viewpoints on certain things. I would always rather people asked questions than follow the rank and file, that's just me. Equally, I understand the conspiracy-cynics.

I think your point got lost in that frame. I didn't assume you were suggesting 'everyone' but I suppose some might've thought you were. No matter. I'm just happy people can express themselves here...;-)

I have seen some right ****s get away with some right ****y things, think we can add savile to that list, it is why i never belived people that say things work themselves out in the end. They do not, sometimes ****s get away with things scott free. It is why i belive people should take things into their own hands. Im a right wing nutter though.

I have seen some right ****s get away with some right ****y things, think we can add savile to that list, it is why i never belived people that say things work themselves out in the end. They do not, sometimes ****s get away with things scott free. It is why i belive people should take things into their own hands. Im a right wing nutter though.

The reports yesterday of staff telling children/patients to pretend they were asleep is one of the biggest damning indictments to have surfaced so far, it shows IMO that it was known yet also that reporting things must have been known to cause trouble for the reporting person rather than action by management/authorities, otherwise those who said to 'pretend sleep' are just one step down from the abuser (which I don't believe, as why would someones conscience prompt them to warn yet not report?).

We need to cut this cancer from our society.

Its interesting that his charity work was one of the reasons people defended him. I just the read the following in an article on Lance Armstrong:

As well as litigation and intimidation, Armstrong had the natural protection provided by celebrity and national hero status but he had a shield against his critics which was hard to penetrate: the place on the moral high ground given to him by his cancer charity work through the Livestrong foundation which he founded while fighting testicular cancer. No one could deny his impact on the cancer community, no one could deny that he inspired those who had suffered from the disease and that in turn meant that those who criticised him could be accused of attacking a man engaged in charitable work.

That duality was perfectly illustrated on Thursday when the president of Livestrong, Doug Ulman, attacked Usada's report and stated: "Lance Armstrong's legacy as a cancer fighter is literally second to none. Because of his leadership and vision, the Lance Armstrong Foundation has served more than 2.5 million people affected by cancer over the last 15 years." The bullying dope cheat and the cancer fighter. Dr Armstrong and Mr Lance.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/oct/11/lance-armstrong-dope-cheat-bully

The reports yesterday of staff telling children/patients to pretend they were asleep is one of the biggest damning indictments to have surfaced so far, it shows IMO that it was known yet also that reporting things must have been known to cause trouble for the reporting person rather than action by management/authorities, otherwise those who said to 'pretend sleep' are just one step down from the abuser (which I don't believe, as why would someones conscience prompt them to warn yet not report?).

We need to cut this cancer from our society.

In my experience what prevents whistle blowing is not fear of the consequences but the futility of it. Time and time again history shows us that those who raise their fears have them brushed aside. I'd guess in the Stoke Mandeville case damage limitation was seen as the best and probably only option.

Over the last three or four years it has become apparent with the MP's expenses scandal, telephone hacking, Hillsborough and now Saville (although currently unproven) that cover ups go on consistently and it takes more than one whistle blower to start the groundswell that leads to exposure of the real facts. There's a fantastic book waiting to be written covering the last five years of British history starting with the financial crisis and taking us through to the present day.

Fear of consequences and the futility are a powerful combination. Why risk the consequences when your actions probably won't make a difference?

I assume that the exposed cover-ups over the past five years are not a reflection of a changed society, but more a consequence of the greater access to information through the internet etc, coupled with new laws on freedom of information that it sparked. The cover-ups are finally being exposed.

Its a shame that the person behind Wikileaks turned out to be a real flake. The basic idea was good. Of course, the conspiracy theorists will point to prosecution of Assange as part of a grand cover-up by the powers that be.

ed_balls_26514t.jpg

Nonce sense

My mates' mother was on an intercity train from Leeds to london, many years ago. Jimmy Saville came and sat next to her. He spent the whole journey chatting to her, and she thought him an amazing guy! Bet she doesn't now......

I'm not being wise after the event here, but I always thought him, at best, very wierd. Still lived with his mother up to her dying in 1973, in a small terraced house (so did Bernard Manning IIRC). 'The Duchess'.... The flamboyance. Never married. Just too sqeaky-clean.

I do want to keep one positive memory of his existance. Anyone remember his Jim'll Fix It show, when the little old dear asked to play piano on his show? She played piano (live) with Thin Lizzy on it, belting out Hollywood (Down On Your Luck)! Was good too! Phil Lynott gave her flowers afterwards, IIRC.

Back