• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window wishlist

I want us to bring in a left back (even if that means recalling BAE) and nothing else in Jan. We still haven't figured out a way to successfully integrate the last batch of new signings into the first X1 and we're still working on a successful system. I'd be very happy with a left back and for AVB to continue working on a system that actually makes us look threatening in an attacking sense.

If a quality striker becomes available then yeh lets give it a go but that's highly unlikely so lets wait until summer.

Has Pato got over his 'injury prone' tag? When I suggested him a year or so ago it was pointed out to me numerous times.

Has Pato got over his 'injury prone' tag? When I suggested him a year or so ago it was pointed out to me numerous times.

Looks like it. Opinion seems to be that his injuries were all caused by his rapid growing, but have settled down now he's moved into his mid 20s.

I want us to bring in a left back (even if that means recalling BAE) and nothing else in Jan. We still haven't figured out a way to successfully integrate the last batch of new signings into the first X1 and we're still working on a successful system. I'd be very happy with a left back and for AVB to continue working on a system that actually makes us look threatening in an attacking sense.

If a quality striker becomes available then yeh lets give it a go but that's highly unlikely so lets wait until summer.

I want us to try to sign Ricardo Rodriguez for the left back position. That one signing would make me happy, as I think he's one of the best left backs in the World, certainly one of the most attainable, as he plays for Vfl Wolfsburg at the moment. That said, I do think that if he was available, there would be a good number of teams who would be after him and that list of teams could include Manchester United.

I do think we should have a look at Pierre-Michel Lasogga as a striker option.

I agree with this.
I think some of our problems are down to just having a very big squad, which AVB has to keep happy and try to win every match with. Buying more players is not going to help this team gel, if anything it will hurt it.
(Yes I now this is ironic being that I started this thread, but a lot has changed since then :lol:)

I think we need to sign a young, strong, quick centre half who can eventually sit alongside Vlad or Jan. Anyone know of any that would be available?

Do we need anyone? I mean really?

Ade ain't going anywhere and we need strikers only and Levy ain't buying while Ade is staying.

Ade ain't going anywhere and we need strikers only and Levy ain't buying while Ade is staying.

Depends on injuries. I would like to see another left back brought in, not so much to take Rose's place but more to keep us covered. An older head who has the legs still to do what we need him to in the current system. At the moment it's been over two months since we had a left back and there's no telling whether or not Rose's injury could flare up again after the January window. I think it would be prudent to invest here.

Depends on injuries. I would like to see another left back brought in, not so much to take Rose's place but more to keep us covered. An older head who has the legs still to do what we need him to in the current system. At the moment it's been over two months since we had a left back and there's no telling whether or not Rose's injury could flare up again after the January window. I think it would be prudent to invest here.

I'd like us to go for someone better than Rose. Don't get me wrong, I think Rose is a decent player and hope he's back playing very soon but I think his reputation has increased the longer we have gone without a proper left back. It is true to say he would have improved the team balance but for me he still has a lot to prove before I would consider him a top 4 quality left back. If BAE is surplus to requirements then lets look to strengthen that position where we are weakest and that for me is left back.

The striker situation is a little more complicated. We have a Spanish international who hasn't clicked for various reasons, a streaky English international who hasn't scored in the PL for an age, and a moody injury prone target man who may or may not show us what we know he can do. Hard to know whether to stick or twist with that bunch.

See i think Soldado will come good, the chances JD missed vs Sunderland I think he would've put in the back of the net, especially that through ball from Holtby. Certainly having players like Lennon and Townsend both looking to make a quick break and get a cross in is ideal for him. Still we will need someone else for the future, but the likely scenario is we wait til after the World Cup.

I like Rose although he's new to the fullback game defensively (converted from a winger maybe two years ago if that?). As such he's gonna take time to improve, but he's got a better delivery than any of his young contemporaries (Shaw, Gibbs) and likely has better attacking instincts. The question for him is how quickly can he learn that position, and do we give him the time to do so? I still feel he's not good enough defensively yet and this injury lay off is at a bad time for his career. You may be right saying we overrate him atm because of our lack of balance, but a BAE figure is what I'd like to see personaly. That or we just go all out on Shaw and then lose Rose in the summer meaning we will still need to buy another left back :-k

I really liked the look of Alex Teixeira last night against Man Utd. Only seen bits of him before in tandem with the likes of Willian on highlights but yesterday he looked really good. Quite direct and full of running down the left channel, he would definitely be someone I would in January but he signed a 5 year deal in the summer I think so absolutely no chance unfortunately.

Anyone else know much about him or seen more of him?

I agree, we have a big squad with options all over the field, many good players can't even make the bench some weeks and others are stil very much in the "settling in" stage, I don't see where we'd fit even more new players in. Let's concentrate on getting this lot gelling before adding even more into the mix.

I agree, we have a big squad with options all over the field, many good players can't even make the bench some weeks and others are stil very much in the "settling in" stage, I don't see where we'd fit even more new players in. Let's concentrate on getting this lot gelling before adding even more into the mix.

The right signing could help the existing players integrate though.

A bit like when we were struggling with quite a few changes and new players integrating under Ramos. Redknapp adding more new players, but players that helped balance our squad more made it easier for the others to fit in.

I think a tall striker option could ease the pressure on some of our attacking midfielders, give them more options when on the ball and help our holdup play and actually make it easier for them to adjust.

Similarly another left footed proper left back option could make it a lot easier for someone like Chadli to adjust if Rose picks up another injury.

(Note: the following depends on selling both Defoe and Ade, which would free up a lot of space on the wage bill and add some funds to the coffers)

Permanently:

One of Mitroglou (physical), Kiessling (complete striker), Dzeko (physical + aerial), Llorente (physical + aerial), Lavezzi (trequartista) or Ba (unlikely, but still).

On loan until June with an option to buy after that:

One of Coentrao (ideal), Pereira (acceptable) or Buttner (panic loan).

Back