• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window wishlist

I see Benteke was booed by the Villa fans at the weekend because of how **** he's been lately.

Brought back early from injury and not 100% fit.
Villa fans have made comments about Benteke showing poor attitude, frustration and disinterest out on the pitch.
Not uncommen situation, fans expect player to perform when he's selected, but fail to realise he shouldn't even be playing.
Chris Armstrong went through some of the same with us in the 90s,
a very good striker that got the fans on his back when he tried to do a job for the team despite not being fit.

Chadli of course needs time, and he'd be competing with Young for the left wing spot.

Sigurdsson, whilst a good player, isn't a left sided player - no chance. He doesn't have the mobility or pace to come in from the wing and link up.

There's probably a reason why Lamela, Townsend and Eriksen haven't featured on the left - that's not their position. We have to stop shoehorning players in.

We do need width from the left back, but that doesn't exclude the possibility that our left midfield options aren't good enough.

I agree that Sig isn't a left sided player in it's truest form, he is a #10 or best suited in a midfield three, but I would have no problem playing him there now in this formation IF we had width ala Rose or someone even better like Coentrao.

Shoehorning Townsend onto left? He's a leftfooted winger, Bale did quite good in that position when Harry was here and he's (was at least) a left sided winger. Lamela I agree needs to be central or right, he could possibly fill in there if needed once he's settled but should be behind a lot of guys, and Eriksen falls into the same category as Sig.

Can't see Townsend doing a worse job than Young on the left, bursting past players and whipping it in? At least Andros has some confidence and he also apologised when he dived, Young is at rock bottom and would probably demand a bigger paycheck than Andros. I don't think they'd let him go to us that cheaply either, seeing as we're now direct competitors, even if they don't like or want to admit that.

Young hasn't looked good for United, and I don't see a reason why he would suddenly be great for us neither if we were to play him on the left. At Villa he had a free more central role, allowing him to be involved in everything they did.
Villa fans tend to believe that being forced to stay out left is the reason why Young doesn't perform for United.
And of course he's not better than Wayne Rooney to play the support role behind van Persie, not that different situation to Kagawa.

Guy hands in transfer request, gets huge raise, plays like ****. Not that fickle.

Last season they loved him, hands in a transfer request - they hate him, signs a new contract - they love him again, starts season well - love continues, a few bad games later and he's being boo'd.

That's fickle to me

Last season they loved him, hands in a transfer request - they hate him, signs a new contract - they love him again, starts season well - love continues, a few bad games later and he's being boo'd.

That's fickle to me

No different from this place.

Iker Muniain

...................Soldado..................
Muniain.........Eriksen..........Lamela
...........Dembele.....Sandro..........

.................Soldado...............
Muniain.........................Lamela
.............Alonso...Eriksen..........
..................Sandro.................

I think could be pretty tasty. You'd have creativity in abundance with Lamela and Muniain causing havoc down both sides, cutting in, beating a man as well as getting close to Soldado when needed, both players all about one touch passing and moving, then you have Alonso pulling the strings in central midfield, but what you'd have is Eriksen pushing on and Sandro/Alonso forming a sort of wall behind him as we attack in numbers.

I've been thinking this for a while. I think that we need a little experience in the team and preferably a player that would earn instant respect from everybody, Alonso has that in spades. He'd also be very useful if AVB does want to switch to 4-3-3 but can easily fit into 4-2-3-1.

a left back - let the players we have elsewhere in the team show whether they are up to the job or not.

If one of Ade or Defoe are to be moved on then obviously a replacement would be required

I think could be pretty tasty. You'd have creativity in abundance with Lamela and Muniain causing havoc down both sides, cutting in, beating a man as well as getting close to Soldado when needed, both players all about one touch passing and moving, then you have Alonso pulling the strings in central midfield, but what you'd have is Eriksen pushing on and Sandro/Alonso forming a sort of wall behind him as we attack in numbers.

His contract expires in June as well.

......................Lloris...................
Walker....Vlad...........Vert.......Rose (or another)
...........Sandro.......Alonso.............
Lennon..........Lamela........Townsend
..................Soldado.....................

Lamela or Eriksen
Towsend or Sig'/Chadli

a left back - let the players we have elsewhere in the team show whether they are up to the job or not.

If one of Ade or Defoe are to be moved on then obviously a replacement would be required

100% agree.

Nacho Monreal would be my solution if available.

100% agree.

Nacho Monreal would be my solution if available.

Notsureifserious..

monreal_1665301a.jpg

Felipe from Atletico Madrid would be my preferred selection, not sure if he'd switch to us though.

I've been thinking this for a while. I think that we need a little experience in the team and preferably a player that would earn instant respect from everybody, Alonso has that in spades. He'd also be very useful if AVB does want to switch to 4-3-3 but can easily fit into 4-2-3-1.

His contract expires in June as well.

Ah lads you're have to be a bit realistic here. Last I heard Madrid are desperate for him to sign a new contract while United and Chelsea are hovering in the background.
We have **** all chance. He's ran his contract down to get one last huge payday and Levy will be offering 60k a week!

why do people keep including Soldado as a lone striker???? imo it looks like he cant play this role successfully in English football

Back