• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window wishlist

plus whats all this talk of Morata joining Arsanal from R madrid on a 6 month loan?? WTF is our 'special' relationship with madrid then??

It's non existent, they just get to s**t on us from a great height and say it's because we are friends

according to the logic of some , should we actually be buying anyone?

wont it set us back another year?, if not in overall team performance, which can be perceived as paint drying sometimes, at the very least in the position that we have bought?

maybe we should just stick to what we have now. get the chemistry with these group of top class international players...rather than buying more to dress over a problem and having more ammo to add to the excuse that we have a squad of players that need to get used to the league

according to the logic of some , should we actually be buying anyone?

wont it set us back another year?, if not in overall team performance, which can be perceived as paint drying sometimes, at the very least in the position that we have bought?

maybe we should just stick to what we have now. get the chemistry with these group of top class international players...rather than buying more to dress over a problem and having more ammo to add to the excuse that we have a squad of players that need to get used to the league

I'd agree with that - unless there was a proven quality PL player available in Jan then I don't think we should be pushing the boat out for anyone. Or if we do, we shouldn't be expecting them to come in and make it rain immediately.

If we can get a left back and Pato for example I think that would be a pretty decent window.

Beyond a left back though I'm pretty happy with our squad right now and would be happy not getting anyone else in Jan. Obviously Defoe leaving if he does will force our hand.

if we had a special relationship they would have offered ozil to us in part exchange for bale.

But if Ozil or any other Real Madrid player isn't interested in joining it doesn't matter. Why would Real Madrid rather sell to **** than Spurs? Of course they dont care about that, they just want the best price for the player.

Daily Mail report Gomes is set to leave Tottenham after agreeing to depart on a free deal

Daily Mail report Gomes is set to leave Tottenham after agreeing to depart on a free deal

He is nothing to do with us any more so it is all down to finance.

When he first joined I thought he was the answer.

How would the history of Spurs have been altered if there was no penalty in the EL semi or even if the ball had not bobbled in the England game for Robbo?

Doesn't matter.

Goodbye!!

I'd have liked him to stay, he had a good rapport with our other two Brazilians and it probably helped camaraderie quite a bit having him around. :( Still, I understand if he's moved on considering that he's effectively our third-choice keeper now (even if I disagree with that: personally I'd play him over Friedel) and his wages probably are much higher than that rank would warrant.

Daily Fail though, what do they know? He's been tipped to leave us for the last three years or so.

He's out of contract in June, so is free to sign a pre-contract abroad in January. Daily Nazi just using the contract expiry dates on transfermartk to come up with this story (or perhaps I'm flattering them suggesting they've even done google research)

I can barely think of a less AVB player than Berbatov. If Rafa didn't survive, there's no way Berbs will.

Bit excited about the Lavezzi link.

I'd been keen too. But now the Bale money is gone, I don't know where the £20m for a 28 year old would come from. It's why I think £10m for a 24 year old Pato is far more likely (largely offset by the £6m we're getting from Toronto for Defoe).

The useful thing would be that either can play on the left alongside Soldado, or centrally in place of Soldado.

Last edited:
I think any deal for Lavezzi would be loan driven. Pato is one the the three I put up as who I wanted in August. (Villa, Soldado then Pato).

If Lavezzi has a good grasp of the English then he is a no brainer IMO. Maybe a decision to bring in someone like Jonás Gutiérrez from Saudi Sportswashing Machine who can cover the whole left side could be an option.. English speaking hopefully and therefore help Lamela settle.

Saying that I'd hope that the club was scouting someone like Lucas Orban, I'd think about Gabriale Heinze too despite his age of 35. The club should definitely follow who Argentina brings in to fill the left back situation in the coming months.

I think any deal for Lavezzi would be loan driven. Pato is one the the three I put up as who I wanted in August. (Villa, Soldado then Pato).

If Lavezzi has a good grasp of the English then he is a no brainer IMO. Maybe a decision to bring in someone like Jonás Gutiérrez from Saudi Sportswashing Machine who can cover the whole left side could be an option.. English speaking hopefully and therefore help Lamela settle.

Saying that I'd hope that the club was scouting someone like Lucas Orban, I'd think about Gabriale Heinze too despite his age of 35. The club should definitely follow who Argentina brings in to fill the left back situation in the coming months.

Baldini's biggest successes have been with young south americans (Walter Samuel, Higuain, Gago, Marcello, Marquinho, Lamella etc), so I'm sure the Argentinan league is somewhere we are keeping a close eye on.

Re Lamella and language, remember Soldado also speaks Spanish and he should be able to understand all our Brazilians and Portugese, so it shouldn't been too much of a concern I don't think.

Ashley Young is a Gooner, by the way (although his dad was a Spurs fan). I agree, though, with those who deplore him based on his cheating.

Back