• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window wishlist

Ricardo Rodriguez please.

[video=youtube;YIHe9by9tFA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIHe9by9tFA[/video]

Agree, that's why I doubt we will sign him lol.

My wish list would be Ricardo Rodriguez, one of Diego Costa or Max Kruse, and Koke.

But of course that is a wish list.

Would love Diego from Wolfsburg too. Double swoop.

Can sign a bosman deal for the summer in a couple of weeks

Thats why I would like it. Good gamble in my view, a player like him is what we are missing, those with a low centre of gravity, excellent on the ball, superb vision, can score with either feet, plus Brazilian to keep those happy.

Doesn't Diego play primarily as a number 10? A position where we have Eriksen, Lamela, Holtby and Sigurdsson already.

Or can he be used in a deeper role alongside Sandro for example? How is he defensively?

Doesn't Diego play primarily as a number 10? A position where we have Eriksen, Lamela, Holtby and Sigurdsson already.

Or can he be used in a deeper role alongside Sandro for example? How is he defensively?

All whom have shown little ability when actually playing there!!! Eriksen can play there but Holtby is about as much a number 10 as Defoe is never offside. Siggy is not creative enough and offers very little and Lamella could be anything if he ever played

Diego would be a great signing if he settled

And he's better 3 of those 4.

The one he isn't better at than is Lamela who usually plays on the right.

(Note: the following depends on selling both Defoe and Ade, which would free up a lot of space on the wage bill and add some funds to the coffers)

Permanently:

One of Mitroglou (physical), Kiessling (complete striker), Dzeko (physical + aerial), Llorente (physical + aerial), Lavezzi (trequartista) or Ba (unlikely, but still).

On loan until June with an option to buy after that:

One of Coentrao (ideal), Pereira (acceptable) or Buttner (panic loan).

Fair enough and look realistic apart from Dzeko and Llorente i am afraid.

Do anyone have any concrete proof, or even seen comments from Baldini, Levy, AVB or others, which actually suggest that we still have money to spend?!? I'm not convinced that we do. If not, rather than waste what we do have, preference would be to just bring Benny and Carroll back from their loans so that we have an experienced LB and creative CM.

Do anyone have any concrete proof, or even seen comments from Baldini, Levy, AVB or others, which actually suggest that we still have money to spend?!? I'm not convinced that we do. If not, rather than waste what we do have, preference would be to just bring Benny and Carroll back from their loans so that we have an experienced LB and creative CM.

No one will have that concrete proof, I think you know that?

Levy never comes out before a transfer window saying that he will spend. Even when Redknapp was signed the "not much activity" line was carted out before we went on to spend £40-45m in his first window.

What is widely accepted is that we're a financially well run club that can afford to pay up for the right player should he become available. Most likely there isn't a transfer budget set in stone, but rather an ability to finance the right deal if it's there to be made.

Reto Ziegler keeps getting loaned out at Juventus, maybe we should bring him home and solve our LB issues.

So get Hoddle back in re-sign Ziegler and get Diego in the summer. It will be like going back in time! :)

Reto Ziegler keeps getting loaned out at Juventus, maybe we should bring him home and solve our LB issues.

I used to think he had promise whilst he was playing for us. He hasn't fulfilled his potential, or perhaps I overrated him, I don't know.

didn't tim just say that new players are the last thing we need?

...and I'd be inclined to agree.

Unless there is a ridiculously good deal on the table - which is unlikely as January is a sellers market - then I don't think it's in the interests of the club to go out on another £10m+ signing. We've made that statement already and all of them need to be given a chance to shine. Adebayor has shown that the "new signing needed" might be under our very noses.

Where we are lacking is possibly a striker, we do have three now as Ade has been brought in from the cold but are now playing 442. Berbatov fits the bill hands down.

Other than that, experienced cover at full back, a player that can play either flank that isn't Kyle Naughton. But if not , it's not the end of the world. We have Kyle Naughton.

Perhaps not matter of urgency but again if the player was available Id get in a real bit of completion for Lloris , maybe a young British keeper to push for a run in the team. Friedel is alright on the bench but in no way is the future.

Berbatov
Contreras (loan)
Begovic

I think that's realistic and I'd be more than happy.

Begovic? Realistic for our understudy? What are you going on about?

Bring ekottto back then all we need is a striker, whether that's a loan option or we go for someone big I don't know, but we desperately need a striker.

Back