• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

I think we can be smart this window if we want or potentially take a more risk and reward based approach

The smart ones for me are players like:
Belotti - out of contract in the summer, and a 1 in 2 striker. 2 footed and deceptively quick. He would crawl here to play I’m sure. Plays well in a 2 or as lone striker
Kessie - same contract position but much competition. Very much in the upwards curve of players development and would fit into the middle of a 5 man midfield as the more attacking one now
Insigne - another with a contract running out but potentially a gamble. Would allow son to play central or right side too. Guys made from a conte side but strikes me as a but of a loon
Vlahovic - been banging this drum for about 2 years and he has stepped up again. The gamble is putting our eggs in the one basket for a player everyone will want and of course the £70m cost
Zeki Celik - made for the right side and been brilliant in France. Still young and wouldn’t be mega money I believe
Ricardo from Leicester - year left on his contract this summer and IMO one of the best right back in the league when fit. Issue of course is he keeps on getting injured
Ginter - another contract running out but he is Going Bayern.

Traore is everything we want on the right wing.

Kessie in the middle

Someone like Skriniar at the back.

Can Moura be the reserve striker? Vlahovic isn’t coming cheap, and I don’t think he’d want to sit on the bench anyway.

Brereton and Livramento for me. Could probably get the pair for £30m

Livramento has a £25m buy back clause via Chelsea so I think £30 is a little low. Brereton is a little hit and miss, I think we should be going for players that are going to genuinely push players in the first team.

I think we can be smart this window if we want or potentially take a more risk and reward based approach

The smart ones for me are players like:
Belotti - out of contract in the summer, and a 1 in 2 striker. 2 footed and deceptively quick. He would crawl here to play I’m sure. Plays well in a 2 or as lone striker
Kessie - same contract position but much competition. Very much in the upwards curve of players development and would fit into the middle of a 5 man midfield as the more attacking one now
Insigne - another with a contract running out but potentially a gamble. Would allow son to play central or right side too. Guys made from a conte side but strikes me as a but of a loon
Vlahovic - been banging this drum for about 2 years and he has stepped up again. The gamble is putting our eggs in the one basket for a player everyone will want and of course the £70m cost
Zeki Celik - made for the right side and been brilliant in France. Still young and wouldn’t be mega money I believe
Ricardo from Leicester - year left on his contract this summer and IMO one of the best right back in the league when fit. Issue of course is he keeps on getting injured
Ginter - another contract running out but he is Going Bayern.

Homegrown player issue?

Brereton and Livramento for me. Could probably get the pair for £30m
Brereton made an odd move to Blackburn when he could have stepped up
It may well work in his favour long term
Liveamento is a wing back for sure but not a RB. Would be a great signing as would lamptey and also Aarons (cue the he is crap comments, when people forget Robertson at Hull ce Liverpool). There are options and not many in Europe form what I can see for RWB other than a Celik

Livramento has a £25m buy back clause via Chelsea so I think £30 is a little low. Brereton is a little hit and miss, I think we should be going for players that are going to genuinely push players in the first team.
I was just thinking the sensible business would be to strengthen the two positions where we are short on bodies. Kane and royal are obviously both first choice in those positions. Both help our homegrown issues too. Midfield and centre back tinkering will depend much more on big outgoings, so will probably need to wait until the summer

I was wondering if we might be able to sweeten/offset livramento with Doherty and 2CV

Brereton made an odd move to Blackburn when he could have stepped up
It may well work in his favour long term
Liveamento is a wing back for sure but not a RB. Would be a great signing as would lamptey and also Aarons (cue the he is crap comments, when people forget Robertson at Hull ce Liverpool). There are options and not many in Europe form what I can see for RWB other than a Celik
I though Celik looked really poor at the euros (small sample I appreciate)

Right but Dele, WInks, Doherty, Rodon are all either HG or part HG (depending on the list) and I doubt any more than 1 of those are at the club by the time next season starts
Wait and see
I’d wager we get rid of Lo Celso, Doherty and Sanchez ahead of some others which gives us room
And I think we will get a HG back up keeper soon

Wait and see
I’d wager we get rid of Lo Celso, Doherty and Sanchez ahead of some others which gives us room
And I think we will get a HG back up keeper soon
There is no chance Conte is going to get rid of Sanchez who has done well and played regularly under Conte, even when Romero returns against Rodon who literally never plays. I know you don’t rate Sanchez but the fact he is picked constantly ahead of Tanganga and Rodon says it all for where he is in the pecking order whether you agree or not….

There is no chance Conte is going to get rid of Sanchez who has done well and played regularly under Conte, even when Romero returns against Rodon who literally never plays. I know you don’t rate Sanchez but the fact he is picked constantly ahead of Tanganga and Rodon says it all for where he is in the pecking order whether you agree or not….
I rate Sanchez until he has the ball. What I won’t do I’d say he has had a good game when he hasn’t. He has played well the last 2 games
I think we will want 2 new CBS though
One to replace Sanchez and one for Rodon who clearly isn’t getting a sniff here at all
Conte needs ball playing cbs and that’s something sanchez struggles with

Back