• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

I thought it was noticeable that with Davies out for Tanganga yesterday Conte seemed to have instead used Sanchez as the CB tasked with getting forward to support attacks.

Looking at our team and performances based solely on games under Conte, Davies has probably been the best of all of those played in a back 3. In that respect he may be the most difficult and therefore last to upgrade on.

Tanganga got forward quite a bit too. Though usually underlapping runs rather than overlapping.

Davies and Dier for me both have been very good. More brought up Davies as he's one people want a replacement for, but me I'm definitely happy with him. Just lack a ball playing, left footed backup/rotation option.

I just hope whomever we buy this window, they are good enough to walk straight into the our starting lineup. That is the best way to increase the quality of our squad.
100%
If we buy a player that relates Dier or Davies to the bench then we have improved the team and that’s a big step in progress
I will add though I think we will focus on RWB and CF options first and foremost but Paratici will go for who he thinks we can get if their available e.g Kessie

100%
If we buy a player that relates Dier or Davies to the bench then we have improved the team and that’s a big step in progress
I will add though I think we will focus on RWB and CF options first and foremost but Paratici will go for who he thinks we can get if their available e.g Kessie

I would be tapping up all of the quality freebies with a view of joining now if they are of genuine quality. We are far from being out of the woods and have still half the season to go. Could be the difference of a top 8 vs a top 4 finish.

Conte has done great to beat teams that we ought to be beating, in saying that we never looked so confident under NES.

Conte needs to be backed with whoever he wants within our financial constraints. Hopefully Levy really backs him like no manager before in getting the business done efficiently.

I would not mind us going for Sergiño Dest at Barca, he is just 21 and I think he would be perfect as a RWB. He is more attack minded than Emerson and he is the one I think we should have signed in the summer. As Barca are ready to sell I think we could get him for a good price:

I would not mind us going for Sergiño Dest at Barca, he is just 21 and I think he would be perfect as a RWB. He is more attack minded than Emerson and he is the one I think we should have signed in the summer. As Barca are ready to sell I think we could get him for a good price:

Shift Doherty and a few others that we can replace with players like Dest, we will have genuine competition for places and stronger for it.

I reaaaallly want him at Spurs, not sure we really have a chance though.

(probably gonad*s anyway, most of the Italian journos on podcasts seem to think him leaving in January is impossible)

They probably want to cash in now knowing that in the summer he will have just one year left on his contract.

If that is true about €70m (£59.5m) I would expect Paratici to have this guy on a plane to London on January 1st.

They probably want to cash in now knowing that in the summer he will have just one year left on his contract.

If that is true about €70m (£59.5m) I would expect Paratici to have this guy on a plane to London on January 1st.

Not if Emirates Marketing Project offer him a basic of £300K a week

Not if Emirates Marketing Project offer him a basic of £300K a week

Question is whether they really do want him. OK, they didnt replace Aguero, but Pep doesnt really do CFs, or CFs who can only play CF

Clearly if they want him we have no chance. If they don't, then we have a reasonable prospect given Conte - can believe he's a huge draw for players

A bullying target man centre forward simply must must must be our top priority this window. It is the one position we simply don't have any cover for. It will allow Kane to both have the heavy lifting taken away from him and the opportunity to be rotated.

A bullying target man centre forward simply must must must be our top priority this window. It is the one position we simply don't have any cover for. It will allow Kane to both have the heavy lifting taken away from him and the opportunity to be rotated.
There aren’t shy around like that anymore
I agree we need a CF, but one who can take the scoring burden off Kane though

Back