• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James McCarthy

I would suspect he knows there are clubs with interest, otherwise letting the world know would've been a stupid move, especially when an agent can just tout you around privately.

I would suspect he knows there are clubs with interest, otherwise letting the world know would've been a stupid move, especially when an agent can just tout you around privately.

this

i have a feeling its us unfortunately. Apparently Mitchell is a big fan. Average midfielder being signed for biggish money. Not good.

There is not much between Schneiderlin and McCarthy. Except fancy foreign name of course.

disagree - Schneiderlin is way ahead of McCarthy

Everton fans on a mixed board i frequent don't seem to rate him much at all - goes missing, hasn't progressed since they signed him.

Schneiderlin beasts him across the board in the stats department also

He's either getting too big for his boots or he's worried about losing his place to Cleverley.

No for me. Wrong mentality. We need players who will take responsibility not hide from it.

I'd take Mason above him every day even though their not exactly like for like in style

Hmm, can't say I rate the lad, don't think he is appreciably better than what we've got. How much would he be, free or a few mil?

Can I ask how you know about McCarthy's mentality?
Well from watching him obviously. Every time I watch McCarthy play his performance is just short of where his ability dictates it should be. I actually think he has a lot of talent but no drive or leadership qualities. I would hope that Poch/Mitchell have ruled out a transfer based solely on their 'winning mentality' criteria we hear so much about. That's my opinion anyway, but I seen the same observations about him on the Everton forums and similar noises from the Irish camp too.

Hmm, can't say I rate the lad, don't think he is appreciably better than what we've got. How much would he be, free or a few mil?

haha, i cannot wait to see the reaction on this board when we pay 17 mill for him later in the summer :)

If we are getting rid of deadwood like Capoue and Strambouli, then McCarthy would be an excellent signing.

He couldn't get anywhere near Mason at Goodison.

Exactly or at white hart lane

The guy is limited technically and ends up chasing and kicking better players

I would compare him to Michael Brown in style

For £5 M he would be a decent squad player but they actually paid £13M for him IIRC and would want a profit... He simply isn't worth it

He isn't as good as Mason or Bentelab IMO

He is an ok player and hasn't progressed at Everton and spend a lot of his time against the better sides kicking people

I'd much rather we bought an understudy for them anyway, than parachute in some name to block their progress - so McCarthy or Linetty would be ideal

Back