• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

There seems to be a refreshingly spritely approach by Ange towards players, clear communications. First two weeks will decide who he wants and doesn't from that 'wider' list, and I think Munn backs him with regards to moving them on fast. I think we'll see several contracts cancelled, loans too plus we'll find a buyer for the likes of PEH.

If, for example, he doesn't like Gil, we'll be able to move him. GLC is moveable. Lloris will get his free. If, as rumors, Davies doesn't figure, plenty will be in for him (especially newly promoted clubs needing his experience)z
Unlike the previous, there seems to be a total clarity in Ange's moves.

Think we start preseason monday. Between then and us flying to aus in a couple of weeks he'll have decided.

Feels so odd how quickly this happened. I had it down as a late-August signing after Leicester finally budge and lower their asking price. Seems like two clubs determined to move quickly after really bad seasons, which is great.

Fantastic signing too. Really excited to see how he goes in Ange's midfield.

Great signing and good to see Enic willing to spend and early too for a critical position. Once Bentancur was gone so did all attacking impetus in the midfield. Maddison makes things happen - happy to hold the ball, take on challenges and dribbles from the centre of the midfield to open up defences. Like Modric he shifts the ball easily from one foot to another and has great forward visiion

There seems to be a refreshingly spritely approach by Ange towards players, clear communications. First two weeks will decide who he wants and doesn't from that 'wider' list, and I think Munn backs him with regards to moving them on fast. I think we'll see several contracts cancelled, loans too plus we'll find a buyer for the likes of PEH.

If, for example, he doesn't like Gil, we'll be able to move him. GLC is moveable. Lloris will get his free. If, as rumors, Davies doesn't figure, plenty will be in for him (especially newly promoted clubs needing his experience)z
Unlike the previous, there seems to be a total clarity in Ange's moves.
Would be madness to get rid of Davies at this point IMO.

Feels so odd how quickly this happened. I had it down as a late-August signing after Leicester finally budge and lower their asking price. Seems like two clubs determined to move quickly after really bad seasons, which is great.

Fantastic signing too. Really excited to see how he goes in Ange's midfield.

Leicester need to get some high earners out and also need spending money to build a team to get back up. Guess they have some common sense at last. Signed Coady yesterday and Winks joining soon.

I think Spence might nail down the RB spot quicker than Udogie will LB. Im excited about both, but Spence has been (maybe usefully) forgotten about

Spence hasn’t been forgotten about at all!

people on here keep on banging on about him like he’s the next Messi

Your also forgetting Porro is new
And then add last summers signings who were not given a chance under Conte

It'll be a whole season of integration. I'll be happy if we push for top 6 and can see a real development and structure. Could be higher if we hit a purple patch or someone else slips up.
We really only NEED a CB and we're ready. Two would be ideal for squad depth.

Vicario - new. Forster.
Royal. Spence - new.
Romero.
New. And new.
Davies. Udogie - new
Skipp.
Bentancur.
Maddison - new
Bissouma - fresh start
Sarr - raw
Porro - new'ish
Kulu
Son
Kane
Richi - ??? Fresh start ??? (Personally I don't rate him and we're seeing him at par. But who knows)

That's a 19 man squad with 6/7 new players and a couple with ??? over them.
Plus a new coaching set up.

It's blank canvas time. It's exciting.
Ironically, considering Conte and Mourinho, there is a lot of skill, pace, athleticism and attacking intent across all of those players! We probably need a defensively solid CB.

james-maddison-fact.png

Why Tottenham Made Sure They Got James Maddison (theanalyst.com)

Another player who can chip in with goals, so that's now :

Son
Kulusevski
Richarlson
Maddison

In support of Kane who you expect to be chipping in with 10-15 goals if they have good seasons, add in Kane with his standard 20 - 30 and we're looking at 60 to 80 ish goals from the attack, 90 if they all have seasons close to their best - if you look at the league table it's often goals scored which determines how you fare so that puts us in good shape on paper. Need to shore up the defense now on top of that to give us the best chance of making the goals count.

Son
Kulusevski
Richarlson
Maddison

In support of Kane who you expect to be chipping in with 10-15 goals if they have good seasons, add in Kane with his standard 20 - 30 and we're looking at 60 to 80 ish goals from the attack, 90 if they all have seasons close to their best - if you look at the league table it's often goals scored which determines how you fare so that puts us in good shape on paper. Need to shore up the defense now on top of that to give us the best chance of making the goals count.
I’d say we have now
Goal scorers
Kane
Son
Richarlson

creators
Maddison
Kulu
Gil

but of course there is a blend there

Son
Kulusevski
Richarlson
Maddison

Yeh could maybe even add Porro and we have a very decent selection of creators and scorers. Exciting at that end of the pitch

Best English player we’ve signed since…?

Good question! On my list would be Dele, Scott Parker, Kyle Walker, Defoe for various reasons. But the one that seems to match closest in terms of hype and (gulp) somewhat personality would be David Bentley?!

Amazing signing. Quality player, has passion for the game and good price.

Best English player we’ve signed since…?

Good question! On my list would be Dele, Scott Parker, Kyle Walker, Defoe for various reasons. But the one that seems to match closest in terms of hype and (gulp) somewhat personality would be David Bentley?!

I'd say Dele. I mean, he absolutely exploded on to the scene and quickly became one of the poster boys of the Premier League -- and his performances matched the hype. Defoe, Walker, Parker, etc. were all well before him.

That said, Dele was a relative nobody when we signed him, as was Walker. Maybe Parker then?

I'd say Dele. I mean, he absolutely exploded on to the scene and quickly became one of the poster boys of the Premier League -- and his performances matched the hype. Defoe, Walker, Parker, etc. were all well before him.

That said, Dele was a relative nobody when we signed him, as was Walker. Maybe Parker then?

Yeh Dele, Walker were probably more prospects that exploded. Defoe and Carrick as players who were definitely already rated, Carrick came with the whole "West Ham youth prospect" tag and he operated at a high level when he joined. Jenas for me was a big signing, taking a player off Saudi Sportswashing Machine who were big fry back then was a thing back then, he never hit the highs we hoped but was def a big signing at the time

Back