• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

Can't knock that signing, not many would have predicted it happening and happening so quickly at the end of the season.

Great start to the window, let's crack on

Getting this done so swiftly is fantastic work.
A player that will surely gel with the manager's desired style, as well as with some of our existing team.

Considering the price of Grealish and Rice, this is pretty strong work to get a highly productive English midfielder on a £40 million deal

Didnt really ever think we'd get this one done....English player, gives 100%, prime of his career, lots of goals and assists...thought we'd have been blown out of the water

Only £40m too!

Jimmy mad,
Jimmy,
Ohhh jimmy mad
You’re gonna score big lad

fudging hell it’s been a while

Bissouma, Bentancur and Maddison in the middle together could be quite something, with some combination of Son, Richarlison, Kulusevski and Kane ahead.

The Daily Mail guy on the LWOS podcast is saying that we're also after a no 6, presumably to play with Bentancur and Maddison

Very good signing

(I miss the old arguement about not needing him cause he'd never get in the team ahead of Eriksen)

The Daily Mail guy on the LWOS podcast is saying that we're also after a no 6, presumably to play with Bentancur and Maddison

We currently have 39 senior players. We're probably going to sign 2 CBs in addition. And we'll only have about 40 games next season/no midweek games. I'm pretty sure we won't be signing any more non-CBs now.

Wouldn't have been my first choice, but when contrasted with £100m+ for Declan Mediocrity Rice, it's a fudging steal. *

Now let's hope his decision making to this point has all been the result of terrible coaching and we can do something to fix it.

* Or £65m for Havertz for that matter.

We currently have 39 senior players. We're probably going to sign 2 CBs in addition. And we'll only have about 40 games next season/no midweek games. I'm pretty sure we won't be signing any more non-CBs now.

We don't have 39 senior players

I agree we need to offload players but even if you include Whiteman, Austin etc we're not at that number

I can see us signing 1-2 CBs and then have a period of offloading players and then signing another midfielder in late July/August

I know we haven't won an actual cup for a while but I'm optimistic that we will get through a couple of rounds at least in both domestic pots.

Back