• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

Welcome to the club, James. I wish you well in Spurs colours.

NB I do confess that I will be on the bench regarding this signing. I really hope my initial impressions of him as a person are wrong.

Here's the 39:

Vicario
Lloris
Spence
Royal
Romero
Dier
Udogie
Davies
Bentancur
Sarr
Bissouma
Skipp
Porro
Gil
Kulusevski
Maddison
Son
Richarlison
Kane
Austin
Paskotsi
Devine
Scarlett
Forster
Whiteman
Rodon
Tanganga
Sanchez
Reguilon
Sessegnon
Perisic
Winks
Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Ndombele
John
Craig
White
Parrott

That's everyone over 21 or who is realistically around the first team (re. Scarlett etc.).

I expect everyone below Scarlett will likely go over the next 2 months, but that's c.16 bodies/salaries to shift to get the squad down to size.

if you include the equivalent of Nile John then every upper half PL would have the same number. Chelsea would have 100!!

Remember this place less than two months ago? Bad vibes all over the place. Fast forward to now and we have a manager with an attacking ethos, a talented keeper with his best years ahead of him, a proven quality creative midfielder and it seems a couple of talented CBs are not far away. Said it before, things change very quickly in football and it does feel like we are back on the right path again.

Eagerly looking forward to what is in store on the pitch with our new look Spurs....

Wait till we've got 1 point from our first 3 game. and Chelsea and Arsenal are putting every team away by 4 or 5.

I'm not saying we haven't started moving in a better direction, but our club has been an absolute bin fire for 3.5 years.

Why are you letting yourself seemingly get so wound up by semantics? You know many of those will go out on loan, be sold, don't have a relevant future but you seem intent about being wound up.

Genuinely I know you wanted Poch and you have your reasons not to want Maddison, but are you really letting it weigh you down as it seems or is this all just you playing up to it for the rise?

None of that's a dig but I'm struggling to understand the basis of alot of what you are writing now and just interested to better understand

It's just a simple point that, due to very poor squad management, we've got the second most bloated squad in the league after Chelsea. So we won't be signing back-up midfielders or wingers or whatever shiny new toys people seem to want (Sarr and Porro are obviously boring now already) till we've done massive deck clearing over the next 2-3 windows. And getting rid of players is extremely difficult in the current financial climate.

It's just a simple point that, due to very poor squad management, we've got the second most bloated squad in the league after Chelsea. So we won't be signing back-up midfielders or wingers or whatever shiny new toys people seem to want (Sarr and Porro are obviously boring now already) till we've done massive deck clearing over the next 2-3 windows.

I haven't seen anyone ask for Sarr and Porro back up TBH. People seem to be seeking CB coverage and expecting players still to leave.

It's the end of June, today isn't going to mark the end of all business done and the list you have put up lacks any kind of context to what can and is likely to happen.

BTW I don't see another 5 signings, that was a so called ITK, but I would see some more come and more leave in areas that's needed

We have had a big hole in our MF since Eriksen left and it has shown, Maddison COULD be the player that fills that hole and i know 40 million is a lot of money but when you compere it to Rice ( 95 mill?) Havertz (65 mill?) we seem to have a bargain in Maddison.

Now lets hope we can now start scoring from the free kicks we have.

That's 2 of the 3 key positions which we needed to fill this summer done....and its not even July yet!

Excellent start to the summer!

Yep! Time to recognize this. Well done, Spurs. We got this over the line without any fuss - well done! And welcome James. We've been needing a creative player of your caliber for a long time. :)

This is a fantastic signing, we really needed some creativity and goals from midfield. Good price too. Always thought he came across as arrogant and one of those people who winds you up but he's talented and at a good age. Think he'll link in well with Kane and Bentacur.

Yep! Time to recognize this. Well done, Spurs. We got this over the line without any fuss - well done! And welcome James. We've been needing a creative player of your caliber for a long time. :)
Indeed we have, and I'll be shocked if we don't have a quality defender signed within the next couple of weeks to further add to the positive start.

If that happens, then we'll have got Vicario, Maddison and new defender in, alongside Udogie, who could all realistically be put in to start.
And I would expect more signings to come.

I remember how excited I was last summer at the speed and apparent quality of our signings. But I am willing to be burned again because I Love this feeling of hope and expectation.

Indeed we have, and I'll be shocked if we don't have a quality defender signed within the next couple of weeks to further add to the positive start.

If that happens, then we'll have got Vicario, Maddison and new defender in, alongside Udogie, who could all realistically be put in to start.
And I would expect more signings to come.

I remember how excited I was last summer at the speed and apparent quality of our signings. But I am willing to be burned again because I Love this feeling of hope and expectation.
Your also forgetting Porro is new
And then add last summers signings who were not given a chance under Conte

Your also forgetting Porro is new
And then add last summers signings who were not given a chance under Conte
I was just writing in reference to the summer window's dealings which also has a bearing in the degree of support being given to the new manager.
But, yes, there's a number of players arrived in the last twelve months from whom we might see more than before under new tutelage.
Porro is certainly one that almost all can surely acknowledge as having great potential

It's just a simple point that, due to very poor squad management, we've got the second most bloated squad in the league after Chelsea. So we won't be signing back-up midfielders or wingers or whatever shiny new toys people seem to want (Sarr and Porro are obviously boring now already) till we've done massive deck clearing over the next 2-3 windows. And getting rid of players is extremely difficult in the current financial climate.

There seems to be a refreshingly spritely approach by Ange towards players, clear communications. First two weeks will decide who he wants and doesn't from that 'wider' list, and I think Munn backs him with regards to moving them on fast. I think we'll see several contracts cancelled, loans too plus we'll find a buyer for the likes of PEH.

If, for example, he doesn't like Gil, we'll be able to move him. GLC is moveable. Lloris will get his free. If, as rumors, Davies doesn't figure, plenty will be in for him (especially newly promoted clubs needing his experience)z
Unlike the previous, there seems to be a total clarity in Ange's moves.

Back