• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore

Wouldn't you say your drink had been spiked? Or you'd be hanging out with the wrong people and didn't know they'd put it in a drink - something mitigating. 24 sounds old, but what were you doing at that age? Your a kid and don't really know better.

Indeed. I will say that at his age I knew far better for a variety of circumstances BUT your point is well-made and (IMO) not beyond the realms of possibility...

No idea how Livermore can be suspended for this while Adam Johnson continues to play for Sunderland.

Because Livermore has been found with the a banned drug in his system, while Johnson has been accused of something and is subject to a trial to determine his guilt or innocence. The football authorities tend to keep out of it when there is an ongoing legal case.

As for how the drug got there, it's not relevant. Sportsmen are responsible for what they put in their bodies, intentional or not (except for US sprinters), and suspensions are immediate from the B sample, even before the formal hearing. While I doubt the overall performance enhancing affects, cocaine is a stimulant.

Because Livermore has been found with the a banned drug in his system, while Johnson has been accused of something and is subject to a trial to determine his guilt or innocence. The football authorities tend to keep out of it when there is an ongoing legal case.

As for how the drug got there, it's not relevant. Sportsmen are responsible for what they put in their bodies, intentional or not (except for US sprinters), and suspensions are immediate from the B sample, even before the formal hearing. While I doubt the overall performance enhancing affects, cocaine is a stimulant.

Livermore was suspended before his B sample! That my point. The league and the club were so hands off with Johnson but with Livermore its suspension before he's proven guilty for doing something no one gives a brick about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...osing-child-FA-easy-Hull-City-midfielder.html

Jake Livermore failed a drugs test for cocaine after struggling to cope with the terrible tragedy of losing a child.

While the exact circumstances cannot be revealed for legal reasons, Sportsmail understands 25-year-old Livermore and his partner lost their new-born baby in May last year.

The awful circumstances leave the FA facing a difficult moral dilemma given the seriousness of the case involving the England international footballer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...osing-child-FA-easy-Hull-City-midfielder.html

Jake Livermore failed a drugs test for cocaine after struggling to cope with the terrible tragedy of losing a child.

While the exact circumstances cannot be revealed for legal reasons, Sportsmail understands 25-year-old Livermore and his partner lost their new-born baby in May last year.

The awful circumstances leave the FA facing a difficult moral dilemma given the seriousness of the case involving the England international footballer.

What a truly awful situation.

Livermore was suspended before his B sample! That my point. The league and the club were so hands off with Johnson but with Livermore its suspension before he's proven guilty for doing something no one gives a **** about.

Well, maybe he admitted it as part of a mitigtion plea.

As for the comparison .... Johnson will be a trial of the facts and witnesses. Livermore's test proves the offence, testing the second sample is to be doubly sure that the first test was properly handled and the sample not having been contaminated.

Hopefully a sensible middle ground of drugs councilling and community work raising awareness of drugs etc

He can't be "let off" irrespective of the (tragic) circumstances, but at the least it can be made productive in some way.

A reduced ban with a long conditional suspended ban would be sensible. A minimal punishment now, taking account of the circumstances, and a long deferred ban to help make sure he doesn't reoffend. If the reasons for the cocaine taking are genuine this helps him, if they are an excuse he is left with a choice.

A reduced ban with a long conditional suspended ban would be sensible. A minimal punishment now, taking account of the circumstances, and a long deferred ban to help make sure he doesn't reoffend. If the reasons for the cocaine taking are genuine this helps him, if they are an excuse he is left with a choice.

This ... fudging common sense every now and then ...

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/news...g-ban-after-testing-positive-for-cocaine.html

It looks like Jake Livermore is to escape a potentially lengthy ban despite having tested positive for cocaine at the end of last season.

Livermore was suspended by Hull and the FA at the arse-end of May after
failing a random drug test following the Tigers’ 2-0 win over Crystal Palace in April.

The midfielder was staring down the barrel of a maximum two-year ban.

However, mitigating circumstances arose shortly thereafter when it came to light that Livermore took coke on a night out during a period of deep depression just days after he and his partner lost their new-born baby.

Having taken his personal tragedy into account, the FA have since decided that there were extenuating circumstances to explain Livermore’s failed test and that a further ban will not be necessary.

Whereas an official announcement is still pending, the
Daily Mail are reporting that the FA’s decision “reflects a desire to help Livermore and his family put their life back together”.

Obviously, the FA’s ruling on Livermore’s positive test slide once again calls into question their ever-shifting punishment spectrum (Rio Ferdinand was famously banned for eight months for simply “forgetting” to take a drug test), but it stands to reason that their humane verdict is to be commended given the horrendous circumstances.

I think a lot of players could suddenly forget to take a test when they are in a position to get a positive. It's much harder to invent a lost baby.

As much as I dislike the drug....
tumblr_lmm1gt7xeh1qkuov4o1_500.jpg

I have to amend my earlier suspicions and say I feel terrible for him. I did note that his rep with us was first class and he was gym rat, but looks like it wasn't bad company and eye off the ball (apologies for that assumption on my part) more than despair.

Good luck to him, and for once, the FA appear to have got it right.

I have to amend my earlier suspicions and say I feel terrible for him. I did note that his rep with us was first class and he was gym rat, but looks like it wasn't bad company and eye off the ball (apologies for that assumption on my part) more than despair.

Good luck to him, and for once, the FA appear to have got it right.

It's not that often you can say that about the FA. Hope he gets his career back on track.

Yeah I was overly harsh in my original post on here, should learn to let these things play out before making a judgement.

Must be extremely difficult, condolences to him and his wife, wish them all the best for the future. Glad the FA have taken a sensible course of action.

Back