• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ivan Perisic

Hopefully, or that Perisic's legs are gone and he still doesn't know it.
I mean go all out for country to risk a poor performance for club? That's unprofessional.
He played for his country so they could top their group but he did get a wack from Pierre

Sess can cover a lot more ground than Perisic, huge benefits to other players

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

He's very weak in the air though, doesn't track well at times either.

First and foremost, a WB needs to be a good defender.

He’s taking an awful lot of stick for Saturdays game. Was he that bad? Thought first half he managed Saka pretty well.
Thought he did ok defensively along with Lenglet. I don't remember any real chances coming down that side and Sake was kept quiet until the sending off.
He didn't give much going forward, but he did get into a couple of good attacking positions only for passes to him being poor.

Thought he did ok defensively along with Lenglet. I don't remember any real chances coming down that side and Sake was kept quiet until the sending off.
He didn't give much going forward, but he did get into a couple of good attacking positions only for passes to him being poor.

The first two goals came from his side, him and son stood watching as they were passed by.

The first two goals came from his side, him and son stood watching as they were passed by.
A real stretch to blame the left side for the first goal. They blocked off any way into the box and Saka passed back into the centre were Partey was left in acres if space.
Unless you feel that Perisic should've been closing down Partey I fail to see how he gets the blame for that.

Second goal came down the left but it was Son at fault, not Perisic. Saka came inside, Perisic rightly went to cover the player overlapping Saka, leaving Son, who made zero, effort to stop Saka getting a shot off. Blame there is on Son and Lloris.

A real stretch to blame the left side for the first goal. They blocked off any way into the box and Saka passed back into the centre were Partey was left in acres if space.
Unless you feel that Perisic should've been closing down Partey I fail to see how he gets the blame for that.

Second goal came down the left but it was Son at fault, not Perisic. Saka came inside, Perisic rightly went to cover the player overlapping Saka, leaving Son, who made zero, effort to stop Saka getting a shot off. Blame there is on Son and Lloris.

I never blamed anyone ( imv if anyone was at fault imo it was either peh or Bentancur not pressing when the ball was passed along the box, but thats a whole other can of worms :(), but i think it does highlight a weakness we have when son and perisic play together on that side.
As I've said elsewhere its not in sons game and it weakens us in two positions, and i think teams have cottoned on to it and are targeting the left.

Perisic wasn’t good at all vs arsenal but it was also off the back of 2 hard internationals

he will be more than fine for us and is key how what conte wants even after a bad game
He's worth his weight in gold for the corners he takes. Should be 1st choice, together with Son, for direct free kick too.

He’s taking an awful lot of stick for Saturdays game. Was he that bad? Thought first half he managed Saka pretty well.
Son was there beside Perisic to deal with Saka.
In that situation the defender usually needs to get stuck in to force the attacker to a mistake. Perisic did nothing of the sort, ended up both of them jockeying and getting played by Saka. It's not unexpected for an attacker not to get stuck in when defending.

Son was there beside Perisic to deal with Saka.
In that situation the defender usually needs to get stuck in to force the attacker to a mistake. Perisic did nothing of the sort, ended up both of them jockeying and getting played by Saka. It's not unexpected for an attacker not to get stuck in when defending.

For me, the first thing I want him doing is to stop Saka creating anything. That's done by either jockeying or aggressively going for the ball. The latter carries more risk (and maybe carries greater reward). But his first job is to stop Saka which he did for me.

I will say I think that once Perisic has seen there is a breakdown, he has to stop Saka at all costs IMO. Milo and I pondered whether Lloris was still feeling the thigh injury a bit, given he would’ve pushed off his right leg to get down to the shot. He has to gather that. And failing that, not let it under him!!!

And it freed up son too
Amazing that we can see it but conte has been hesitant to play that way
IMO, Conte has been playing with fire starting Kane and Richarlison together almost every game since the last international break when Kulusevski got injured. It seems like it’s his preferred formation, he will try to maintain it until the wheels fall off.

Thankfully Skipp is back and Bissouma is emerging as an option so hopefully Conte can rotate the midfielders. PEH and Bentancur should theoretically have slightly lower workloads with a third CM playing with them, right? Those two will need a break soon, I need to find a “minutes played” stat for the team. I can’t find distance covered anywhere though.

IMO, Conte has been playing with fire starting Kane and Richarlison together almost every game since the last international break when Kulusevski got injured. It seems like it’s his preferred formation, he will try to maintain it until the wheels fall off.

Thankfully Skipp is back and Bissouma is emerging as an option so hopefully Conte can rotate the midfielders. PEH and Bentancur should theoretically have slightly lower workloads with a third CM playing with them, right? Those two will need a break soon, I need to find a “minutes played” stat for the team. I can’t find distance covered anywhere though.

Richarlison is injured now.

Richarlison is injured now.
Yup, that's the point... if Kane gets injured too, we are in very deep doodoo. It's not that I mind Son playing up top, he's done well there before but it's about having a squad that can fill in for whatever shape Conte wants to play. If Son gets injured, at least Perisic can cover there assuming Sess is available because I just don't see Conte starting Gil or anyone else in the LW position.
Our forwards have been on the receiving end of some rough challenges this season, I just hope Kane and Son can stay fit.

Finds a way to cross but connection rate is low.

Not great at defending against the likes of Saka and Antony.

Not impressed so far tbh, prefer someone who can stay involved the entire game.

Back