• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ivan Perisic

Apparently, he's taking a salary of just 1 Euro a month

Do you mean he's forfeited the wages on his remaining contract with us? Or the Croatian club is contributing 1 euro a month?

With respect to the players it does seem a bit too good to be true to be able to get Lloris, Dier and Perisic's wages off the bill in one window. I guess we could have laid those players off as well, we wouldn't hear of the financial details outside of "wot I rekun iz" type itks.

Last edited:
Apparently, he's taking a salary of just 1 Euro a month
It’s a legalese thing. For a contract to be legally binding there has to be certain elements in place, one of which is ‘consideration’. Consideration is usually monetary (but not necessarily alway so). It’s a party will provide x service in return for y. You can’t have a contract without that.

Best of luck to him. Not been as good here as it should have been for either of us. But he's a great player nonetheless.

From Hadjuk, but the full salary from us?
Whatever the details I'm sure we got something from the deal or we wouldn't have made it. More than a euro a month. Perhaps part of the deal for Vuskovic and that's the benefit, but we got something.

Best of luck to him, hope he recovers quickly. Thanks for all the crosses and the professionalism.

Whatever the details I'm sure we got something from the deal or we wouldn't have made it. More than a euro a month. Perhaps part of the deal for Vuskovic and that's the benefit, but we got something.

Best of luck to him, hope he recovers quickly. Thanks for all the crosses and the professionalism.

Likely insurance is paying his wages until he's fit

For us, it might mean 1 month of wages while doing the right thing for the player (and getting the foreign player spot cleared from squad), perhaps he's agreed to forfeit some amount if he gets fit early.

Believe all the talk of €1 is for next season.

Back