• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Thing is... for me, the big question is whether they want him. I have no doubt that Sherwood wants him, but if I was on the board at Aston Villa I'd be very wary about blowing half the Benteke money (which is what a 3 year contract at his current wages represents) on a striker who might never come close to delivering on the pitch.

People forgetting fact he still has still has year left on deal . Adebayor will say no to any transfer until he gets his contract paid up ..

He was willing to join West Ham in January

Exactly. His choice is really one more year with uon mega wages and not playing and the risk of no new contract anywhere as he will be over 30 and effectively not played competitive football for nearl two years.Or being reunited with TS, made the main man at a PL club and possibly getting a new 2 or 3 year contract on reasonable wages.

I know what a rational person would do :)

Loan deal nothing got to do with paying up rest of contract I believe wasn't it !!? Unless villa cough up at least couple of million transfer fee then Spurs n levy are going to take hit .. End result here will see Spurs having to pay off Adebayor just like ekotto .

Loan deal nothing got to do with paying up rest of contract I believe wasn't it !!? Unless villa cough up at least couple of million transfer fee then Spurs n levy are going to take hit .. End result here will see Spurs having to pay off Adebayor just like ekotto .

With only a year left on his contract, limited chances of us getting a fee for him and him not featuring in our manager's plans, I do not see why we would not agree to a loan deal. The only issue that I could see with him moving to Villa is if they want us to subsidise his wages. If that is the case, I could see us holding out until the end of the window to see if anyone else comes in for him.

Last edited:
Villa have just banked 32.5 m for Benteke and 8m for Delph. Financials shouldn't be a problem if they want him.

True although I imagine they'll only get at most half of that money up front and Genk will surely have included a sell-on clause in Benteke's deal.

People forgetting fact he still has still has year left on deal . Adebayor will say no to any transfer until he gets his contract paid up ..

And this is the crux of it. Poch will really know if he is the golden child if DL pays it up, because as I understood it from the beginning of 'the big freeze' DL was prepared to let him rot until the end of his deal rather than pay him out. IF the pair of them have devised a way where he will not upset any apple carts, then so be it...the whole thing is such a huge shame. I do not necessarily think Ade is a bad person at all, his life is complicated and appears he is too! But his time is long done here.

Yes, but as I understand it (thus not nailed on!) for a permanent deal DL wanted them to cover the costs of paying up the rest of his deal...and, well, we know how that went down!

Trix [SC] said:

Told last night nothing imminent regarding incomings, but deals are being worked on, so could change quickly. Outs are looking more likely though and we could see as many as three more go this week. Tim is pushing for Ade and has leverage due to his best players being sold, but Ade's demands are criminal both from what he wants from us and what he thinks he's worth to them. I do think this is doable but will take some movement from all parties

yeah it is a bit quite on newsnow isnt it Trix

I think he will go to Villa on loan. We will get half of his wages paid by them and a loan fee to cover the remainder. A deal that would work for all parties.

Loan to Villa with them covering his full wages for a season with no loan fee would suit both parties I think. Then he can do whatever he wants next season, do we owe him a loyalty bonus or anything silly like that?

Adebayor won't want to live anywhere near Birmingham; it will be London or Paris or whatever. Perhaps he will ask for a private jet/ helicopter to take him to training each morning. Anything to scupper the deal and let him while away his days fannying around.

Adebayor won't want to live anywhere near Birmingham; it will be London or Paris or whatever. Perhaps he will ask for a private jet/ helicopter to take him to training each morning. Anything to scupper the deal and let him while away his days fannying around.
I'm sure he didn't get a private jet or helicopter to take him to training from London at Emirates Marketing Project or Real Madrid?

Why would he do that? Surely it would be easier for him to sod off to London or Paris and refuse to come back until the club sends a private jet?

The beauty of that strategy is that it works in every city around the world.

Source: Apparently Friedel via Peapod on COYS

Winks, Onomah, CCV and Glover are all currently training with the first team, being evaluated in their development. CCV is close to ready to make the first team, but probably a year off.

Don't believe everything you hear in the press. He denied Kaboul Cabal story as we currently know it, but did mention that some players tried to go around Pochettino to Baldini/Levy, and those players then didn't play for a month. Also, Liverpool never offered Sterling anything near what the club leaked to the press.

Pochettino hates the sort of player who calls up on Sunday and asks why he didn't play. Poch's answer to that player is likely to be "Because I pick the team"

On the other hand, a player who comes in and trains hard on Monday and Tuesday and stops by his office Wednesday to ask why he didn't play is likely to be invited in, shown training and game footage and given specific things Poch is looking for, and if he works on those he will be given playing time. Those guys are Poch's guys, and a lot of the people leaving this summer are the other sort.

There is a very good feeling among Poch's guys in the direction of the club, and that has been reinforced this offseason by the players who are leaving. Friedel said it's more important right now who is heading out than who is coming in, but he does feel that we have to get another striker and/or combination of players who can get us another 10-15 goals. AVB didn't want Dempsey to leave for exactly this reason

Poch at times last season persisted with younger players irrespective of wins and losses to get them game experience at the top level, as he was building a foundation for the future.

Adebayor to Villa has legs and may happen, but if it does expect Soldado to stick around along with bringing in another striker.

About Soldado: "He ticks all the boxes -- technical ability, tactical awareness, social skills within the squad, and he was mentally strong when he arrived (this has changed somewhat due to the scoring drought). He trains really well, and it just hasn't happened in the games." Nobody seems to be able to figure out why.

He's disappointed int he development of the USMNT. Believes they should be way better than his 2002 WC quarterfinals team, but says it's pretty clear that team was quite a bit better than the current squad.

He thinks there are too many MLS clubs, and that they should have less to improve the quality of the product.

He's been offered coaching jobs at a few clubs, but turned them down. Would only consider an offer where he had faith in the people above him. Happy working his 5 year deal with Fox -- you never know what might happen though

Oh yeah, he talked at length about when Hugo was signed, and he was still playing. Brad was originally brought in to play 1 year. Hugo was bought to be the future keeper (at a really great price due to Lyon's financial troubles) but AVB actually told Levy he was fine with keeping Friedel and using that money for other players. AVB kept playing Friedel, Hugo went to Levy and asked why he was bought if he wan't starting, and Levy said the manager picks the starting players, not me. Deschamps started leaning on AVB, and eventually he saw an opportunity after they had just beat Man U to sit Brad for a game and play Hugo, and it evolved from there. Brad and Hugo got along really well, especially because Brad speaks French.

That's a synopsis of a long story/answer...someone else may have some more detail on that one.

On Tim Sherwood:

He's exactly the same at training as we see on gameday. He's always going to have issues with players because some players don't like being told "You're bad at what you do".

He also said he could still play if a team really needed him (he's currently been training for a half Ironman), but his body enjoys the lack of jumping around and falling on the ground, and so he actually feels better now than he did while playing."
Glover. Great name for a keeper.

Source: Apparently Friedel via Peapod on COYS

Winks, Onomah, CCV and Glover are all currently training with the first team, being evaluated in their development. CCV is close to ready to make the first team, but probably a year off.

Don't believe everything you hear in the press. He denied Kaboul Cabal story as we currently know it, but did mention that some players tried to go around Pochettino to Baldini/Levy, and those players then didn't play for a month. Also, Liverpool never offered Sterling anything near what the club leaked to the press.

Pochettino hates the sort of player who calls up on Sunday and asks why he didn't play. Poch's answer to that player is likely to be "Because I pick the team"

On the other hand, a player who comes in and trains hard on Monday and Tuesday and stops by his office Wednesday to ask why he didn't play is likely to be invited in, shown training and game footage and given specific things Poch is looking for, and if he works on those he will be given playing time. Those guys are Poch's guys, and a lot of the people leaving this summer are the other sort.

There is a very good feeling among Poch's guys in the direction of the club, and that has been reinforced this offseason by the players who are leaving. Friedel said it's more important right now who is heading out than who is coming in, but he does feel that we have to get another striker and/or combination of players who can get us another 10-15 goals. AVB didn't want Dempsey to leave for exactly this reason

Poch at times last season persisted with younger players irrespective of wins and losses to get them game experience at the top level, as he was building a foundation for the future.

Adebayor to Villa has legs and may happen, but if it does expect Soldado to stick around along with bringing in another striker.

About Soldado: "He ticks all the boxes -- technical ability, tactical awareness, social skills within the squad, and he was mentally strong when he arrived (this has changed somewhat due to the scoring drought). He trains really well, and it just hasn't happened in the games." Nobody seems to be able to figure out why.

He's disappointed int he development of the USMNT. Believes they should be way better than his 2002 WC quarterfinals team, but says it's pretty clear that team was quite a bit better than the current squad.

He thinks there are too many MLS clubs, and that they should have less to improve the quality of the product.

He's been offered coaching jobs at a few clubs, but turned them down. Would only consider an offer where he had faith in the people above him. Happy working his 5 year deal with Fox -- you never know what might happen though

Oh yeah, he talked at length about when Hugo was signed, and he was still playing. Brad was originally brought in to play 1 year. Hugo was bought to be the future keeper (at a really great price due to Lyon's financial troubles) but AVB actually told Levy he was fine with keeping Friedel and using that money for other players. AVB kept playing Friedel, Hugo went to Levy and asked why he was bought if he wan't starting, and Levy said the manager picks the starting players, not me. Deschamps started leaning on AVB, and eventually he saw an opportunity after they had just beat Man U to sit Brad for a game and play Hugo, and it evolved from there. Brad and Hugo got along really well, especially because Brad speaks French.

That's a synopsis of a long story/answer...someone else may have some more detail on that one.

On Tim Sherwood:

He's exactly the same at training as we see on gameday. He's always going to have issues with players because some players don't like being told "You're bad at what you do".

He also said he could still play if a team really needed him (he's currently been training for a half Ironman), but his body enjoys the lack of jumping around and falling on the ground, and so he actually feels better now than he did while playing."

Proper itk!

Back