• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Glover. Great name for a keeper.

I always thought Caulker was a great name for a defender, but I think that was lost on many people (a caulker being the job of making a ship watertight but plugging the holes)

I expect the original poster of this means McGee anyway, as he's the GK who has stopped up into the first team squad since Friedel/Archer/Miles were released. Glover is only 16.

I always thought Caulker was a great name for a defender, but I think that was lost on many people (a caulker being the job of making a ship watertight but plugging the holes)

I expect the original poster of this means McGee anyway, as he's the GK who has stopped up into the first team squad since Friedel/Archer/Miles were released. Glover is only 16.

Glover's been training with the first team too.

jasper: Everton wNt in the cards of KM. very expensive desl. You then have to convince the player to go there.

Jasper on SO has translated his post :

Everton want too much, way excessive for KM. convincing the player to go there [West Ham] is another thing.

Lol guys. Friggin iPhone auto predict. Foes my head in. Sure it's dyslexic. Probably spelt wrong
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Trix: KM will not happen to us, the man that really matters does not and never has wanted him.

hertyid: what do we think of Fellaini?..

Source: Apparently Friedel via Peapod on COYS

Winks, Onomah, CCV and Glover are all currently training with the first team, being evaluated in their development. CCV is close to ready to make the first team, but probably a year off.

Don't believe everything you hear in the press. He denied Kaboul Cabal story as we currently know it, but did mention that some players tried to go around Pochettino to Baldini/Levy, and those players then didn't play for a month. Also, Liverpool never offered Sterling anything near what the club leaked to the press.

Pochettino hates the sort of player who calls up on Sunday and asks why he didn't play. Poch's answer to that player is likely to be "Because I pick the team"

On the other hand, a player who comes in and trains hard on Monday and Tuesday and stops by his office Wednesday to ask why he didn't play is likely to be invited in, shown training and game footage and given specific things Poch is looking for, and if he works on those he will be given playing time. Those guys are Poch's guys, and a lot of the people leaving this summer are the other sort.

There is a very good feeling among Poch's guys in the direction of the club, and that has been reinforced this offseason by the players who are leaving. Friedel said it's more important right now who is heading out than who is coming in, but he does feel that we have to get another striker and/or combination of players who can get us another 10-15 goals. AVB didn't want Dempsey to leave for exactly this reason

Poch at times last season persisted with younger players irrespective of wins and losses to get them game experience at the top level, as he was building a foundation for the future.

Adebayor to Villa has legs and may happen, but if it does expect Soldado to stick around along with bringing in another striker.

About Soldado: "He ticks all the boxes -- technical ability, tactical awareness, social skills within the squad, and he was mentally strong when he arrived (this has changed somewhat due to the scoring drought). He trains really well, and it just hasn't happened in the games." Nobody seems to be able to figure out why.

He's disappointed int he development of the USMNT. Believes they should be way better than his 2002 WC quarterfinals team, but says it's pretty clear that team was quite a bit better than the current squad.

He thinks there are too many MLS clubs, and that they should have less to improve the quality of the product.

He's been offered coaching jobs at a few clubs, but turned them down. Would only consider an offer where he had faith in the people above him. Happy working his 5 year deal with Fox -- you never know what might happen though

Oh yeah, he talked at length about when Hugo was signed, and he was still playing. Brad was originally brought in to play 1 year. Hugo was bought to be the future keeper (at a really great price due to Lyon's financial troubles) but AVB actually told Levy he was fine with keeping Friedel and using that money for other players. AVB kept playing Friedel, Hugo went to Levy and asked why he was bought if he wan't starting, and Levy said the manager picks the starting players, not me. Deschamps started leaning on AVB, and eventually he saw an opportunity after they had just beat Man U to sit Brad for a game and play Hugo, and it evolved from there. Brad and Hugo got along really well, especially because Brad speaks French.

That's a synopsis of a long story/answer...someone else may have some more detail on that one.

On Tim Sherwood:

He's exactly the same at training as we see on gameday. He's always going to have issues with players because some players don't like being told "You're bad at what you do".

He also said he could still play if a team really needed him (he's currently been training for a half Ironman), but his body enjoys the lack of jumping around and falling on the ground, and so he actually feels better now than he did while playing."

I buy this. The first bit is absolutely nailed on. I think there are two other kids in there too, and all have been told if they push and deliver, they will be 'in' a la Mason and Kane. I enjoy reading decent inside information when it happens, though again always question why anyone would explicitly divulge such things in public!

Interesting...as much as I see what you're expressing, I do also wonder if he might not be a good sort of player for our squad given what we 'could' be lacking otherwise?

Not for me, lots of fans rave about the " rent a quote years" but I hated seeing Dawson knock it high and long to Crouch's head, it will be the same with Fellini in the team.

I buy this. The first bit is absolutely nailed on. I think there are two other kids in there too, and all have been told if they push and deliver, they will be 'in' a la Mason and Kane. I enjoy reading decent inside information when it happens, though again always question why anyone would explicitly divulge such things in public!
Well we've all seen 1,000 pictures of these guys plus Oduwa, Onomah etc.??

This was an after dinner speech/Q&A by Friedel in America that has been paraphrased (not transcribed) I think. Friedel was released in June, so it's recent intelligence, but not confidential

I'd be very happy to see Veljkovic, Winks, Onomah and Oduwa taking the squad places of Dembele, Carroll and Lennon etc. next season.

And this is the crux of it. Poch will really know if he is the golden child if DL pays it up, because as I understood it from the beginning of 'the big freeze' DL was prepared to let him rot until the end of his deal rather than pay him out. IF the pair of them have devised a way where he will not upset any apple carts, then so be it...the whole thing is such a huge shame. I do not necessarily think Ade is a bad person at all, his life is complicated and appears he is too! But his time is long done here.

I beg to differ. I don't think he's a good man . Like you, I don't know Adebayor personally but I know enough about the man with him being in the public eye for a number of years, to be able to form an opinion of him which happens to be a negative one. To me , he comes across as an untrustworthy control freak hypocrite and a little bit racist too.

I don't trust people who come out with comments such as , 'only GHod can judge me' and then in the same breath be passing judgement on others .

To post on twitter, that he doesn't care what others think of him or of his actions, and to then soon after, court public sympathy with his stories that he's being hard done, by members of his own family when they themselves display that same selfish attribute. It all suggests to me, that he's an excessively conceited clam and a bit of a thicko with his double standards.

Going by the content and ALSO the timing, of his numerous photographs on his Instagram account , I'm fully at ease with my negative opinion of him. All I see is a man who has little pride in his work, shows a lack of respect for his work colleagues, employers and family.

As far as I'm concerned, he's a nasty piece of work.

I can't imagine him saying that Levy signed a player above the managers head (LLoris) in a public speaking event.

I beg to differ. I don't think he's a good man . Like you, I don't know Adebayor personally but I know enough about the man with him being in the public eye for a number of years, to be able to form an opinion of him which happens to be a negative one. To me , he comes across as an untrustworthy control freak hypocrite and a little bit racist too.

I don't trust people who come out with comments such as , 'only GHod can judge me' and then in the same breath be passing judgement on others .

To post on twitter, that he doesn't care what others think of him or of his actions, and to then soon after, court public sympathy with his stories that he's being hard done, by members of his own family when they themselves display that same selfish attribute. It all suggests to me, that he's an excessively conceited clam and a bit of a thicko with his double standards.

Going by the content and ALSO the timing, of his numerous photographs on his Instagram account , I'm fully at ease with my negative opinion of him. All I see is a man who has little pride in his work, shows a lack of respect for his work colleagues, employers and family.

As far as I'm concerned, he's a nasty piece of work.

Struggle to argue with a lot of that tbf, BUT why do you think he's "a little bit racist"?o_O

Back