• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

I... Interesting about January and us turning down the chance to sign Delph due to not being able to offload any of our deadwood. Apparently Delph was far from happy at Villa at that time but has since became happy due to the turn around in results and Timmy making him feel like a superstar.

Even happier now - £8m to Emirates Marketing Project !

....or Ben Thatcher and Oyvind Leonhardsen.

Perry, Leonhardsen and Thatcher were at Spurs for most of the time that Sherwood was a player for us. Scales briefly overlapped. Gibson not at all.

Not that that is necessarily a pointer to which of them would be mates with Sherwood now.

did we really buy all those Wimbledon players! Jesus!! :-O

I seem to recall they finished a few places ahead of us in the league with Sullivan, Perry, Thatcher and Leonhardsen in their team. Shocking, the days when top 10 was an achievement.

Edit: seem to remember Chris Perry bigger Timmy up in the press quite a lot, so could be him.

Last edited:
I seem to recall they finished a few places ahead of us in the league with Sullivan, Perry, Thatcher and Leonhardsen in their team. Shocking, the days when top 10 was an achievement.

Edit: seem to remember Chris Perry bigger Timmy up in the press quite a lot, so could be him.

yep, I'm guessing its Chris the rash Perry.

Damn, I forgot the mediocrity we used to buy in the hope they are bargains, who would improve us.
Thank goodness ENIC fixed that.

BushHillSpurs [From the fighting*ock forum]

Some info that I heard yesterday from someone who was at an agent event..

- Townsend doesn't want to leave.
- Victor Moses deal is nailed on.

I know it's nothing you don't already know, but I heard it from a reliable source.

*Posted today [19th July 2015]

Trix said:
We want this, Tim wants this, Ade happy to go there, financials will cause headaches.

Villa have just banked 32.5 m for Benteke and 8m for Delph. Financials shouldn't be a problem if they want him.

Villa have just banked 32.5 m for Benteke and 8m for Delph. Financials shouldn't be a problem if they want him.
Thing is... for me, the big question is whether they want him. I have no doubt that Sherwood wants him, but if I was on the board at Aston Villa I'd be very wary about blowing half the Benteke money (which is what a 3 year contract at his current wages represents) on a striker who might never come close to delivering on the pitch.

Back