• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Dawson is better than Caulker. Caulker was reportedly sold principally because of off-field issues too.

And now King has gone, Dawson's pretty much all you can identify as the soul of our team. You can't put a price on that.

Last edited:
Did he? I didn't see that one. Maybe i am over rating him.

I don't think you're overrating him, he's one of the best centre halves in the league. He gets bullied, but my whole point was that Arsenal dont have a "kaboul, vidic" type yet they cope just fine against those physical sides.

Would be very happy with Lovren he's had a great season and is still to hit his peak years as a CB.

Also agree Kaboul's the one to go for me not Dawson. Dawson is also apparently a big talker in the dressing room and I think that's important

First choice alongside Verts IMO.

He's probably at the level Kaboul was at before his injury (so impressive but with the occasional lapse) but will only get better.

Verts, Lovren, Chiriches and Dawson has it all as a CB line-up

there was a thread here a month or so ago which asked who we'd like in the summer…lovren was on my list…i'd be delighted…authority and potential to get better and better. i agree, with vertonghen…i also haven't given up on chiriches...

Is it this summer that Kaboul's contract expires?

There were reports that it was this summer during the season but I read somewhere that he has one more season to go. As he wasn't on the list of players whose contracts were up, I assume that this must be true.

A gentleman never tells and this is an ITK thread not a discussion thread on defenders or my mrs !!!

And there's no one claiming to be ITK on such matters, a good answer. It's good to know that things are going well for you.

So back to ITK...anyone with any good rumours?

So we seem to be in for Lovren according to Saints ITK.

What type of CB is he? Would he be more the cultured/sweeping behind or the first to come out to block every ball type?
Basically is he more like Verts or like Dawson?

So we seem to be in for Lovren according to Saints ITK.

What type of CB is he? Would he be more the cultured/sweeping behind or the first to come out to block every ball type?
Basically is he more like Verts or like Dawson?

He's aggressive and likes to get forward.
So he's a bit of both. Not as composed as Verts, though.

Last edited:
Would be very happy with Lovren he's had a great season and is still to hit his peak years as a CB.

Also agree Kaboul's the one to go for me not Dawson. Dawson is also apparently a big talker in the dressing room and I think that's important

Another thing about Lovren is that he and Lloris are used to playing with each other from Lyon.

Is it this summer that Kaboul's contract expires?

I think it expires this summer, but we have the option of a 1 year extension. So we can release him, or extend and then sell if he's fit enough to go elsewhere.

Interesting development on Twitter last night with a few ITK s suggest Chiriches is gone.

I'd be disappointed if true as I think there was a lot more to come from him

Back