• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Even if he is just a glorified cheerleader, I think he has a lot of value. No one understands the fans like him and his passion can only be a good thing around the training ground.

I know Freund is considered by some to be a club legend but I really don't see what he brings to the party. Never comes across as having a lot of tactical nous. He basically just seems to be a highly paid cheerleader.

He worked in the highly-regarded German setup for 4 or 5 years. I've seen people comment that he's regarded as a smart and progressive coach.

Holtby presumably chose to come to us because Freund had managed his age group. Knowledge of the German system/market must be a bonus, especially as Baldini, Broomfield, Poch are all primarily experts on South America/Southern Europe.

Have you heard him talk regularly about tactics? I rarely see him in the media

He used to do the press conferences for cup games under AVB - always came across as articulate.

Who: Saint_Charlie
When: 29th May
Where: Saintsweb

I think we will lose Schneiderlin and Lovren too unfortunately.

It was posted as opinion, and going by the responses in that thread it doesn't seem like he's a highly respected ITK.

Appreciate the sharing, especially with the link for context, but not getting my hopes up on those two just yet :)

I got a bit obsessed with Saintsweb over the past fortnight. Probably time to back away from it!

I really really hope we get Schneiderlin. I think other than him and a left back, we're complete

I really really hope we get Schneiderlin. I think other than him and a left back, we're complete

I'd still maybe want a better option on the left than Chadli and Siggy, unless Poch is going to use Eriksen there. Konoplyanka and his last year of contract and rumoured £12m release clause interests me.

Then there's decisions to be made about Friedel and Kaboul's physical outlook.

I'd still maybe want a better option on the left than Chadli and Siggy, unless Poch is going to use Eriksen there. Konoplyanka and his last year of contract and rumoured £12m release clause interests me.

Then there's decisions to be made about Friedel and Kaboul's physical outlook.

Maybe Poch will get the best out of what he has at centre half. Jose Fonte is a terrible centre half but he looked good alongside Lovren.

Maybe Poch will get the best out of what he has at centre half. Jose Fonte is a terrible centre half but he looked good alongside Lovren.

I think he absolutely will do with Verts, Dawson and Chiriches. But I think Kaboul's injury has permanently ruined him and we may release him.

Some ITK

Who: The Goat
When: 30th May
Where: SC

The Goat hears that there is a contract offer on the table for Lloris and negotiations going well. He is very settled.

Also The Goat has been told to "expect a fire sale at Southampton- everyone wants out" Lambert could be just the start. Many were staying to play with Poch and other players who might be brought in but now many players think they should move now when their stock is high and that next season could be a struggle.

[/QUOTE]

Who: Hertyid
Where: COYS

hertyid on newspaper story saying baldini might be off:

FB going nowhere

edit: hertyid added: sorry just to clarify i haven't been told he is going nowhere... but what i have been told would make it highly unlikely that he was about to leave.

Who: Jasper
Where: SO

Jasper over at SO:
Hugo Lloris I believe is not available. No inquiries received or offers. If a crazy offer comes in it is our intention to turn it down but conditional on contract factors

Who: ant

Believe me or don't, I have no reason to lie and am feeling pretty torn up about everything Saints-wise at the moment.

Have it on decent authority that Dejan will be off to Spurs, to be finalised in the next couple of days

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50276-Dejan-Lovren-Transfer-Rumours&p=1954261#post1954261

Interesting.....btw, if this becomes true then yr Saintsweb lurking time will look like time well spent...

Who: ant

Believe me or don't, I have no reason to lie and am feeling pretty torn up about everything Saints-wise at the moment.

Have it on decent authority that Dejan will be off to Spurs, to be finalised in the next couple of days

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50276-Dejan-Lovren-Transfer-Rumours&p=1954261#post1954261

From the same thread:

"Yep I have heard this too, I think from the same source. Hopefully not true but a strong enough rumour to post I feel. Dark times"

Bright times.

Back