• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

From the same thread:

"Yep I have heard this too, I think from the same source. Hopefully not true but a strong enough rumour to post I feel. Dark times"

Bright times.

Lovren and verts??!!
With chiriches as back up.

That's the kind of cb options the top 4 sides have

Is he any good?

Admittedly not seen much but he looked decidedly average to my untrained eye. Would be in the first choice partnership or back up?

First choice alongside Verts IMO.

He's probably at the level Kaboul was at before his injury (so impressive but with the occasional lapse) but will only get better.

Verts, Lovren, Chiriches and Dawson has it all as a CB line-up

Was Lovren the guy who Soldado put on the ground to set up Eriksens equaliser at WHL? Embarrassing defending that.

He was. But, he made a mistake. Every defender does that. He had an exceptional season.

He was also at thought for Sigurdssons winner, not directly but if he actually stood up he'd have blocked the goal.

That said, I agree with you, he's had a decent season, especially after his horrible few years in France.

He was also at thought for Sigurdssons winner, not directly but if he actually stood up he'd have blocked the goal.

That said, I agree with you, he's had a decent season, especially after his horrible few years in France.

I look at him and see an even better Daniel Agger, than Agger at his peak. I think he's going to be an excellent player.

I think he is very good. First choice CB.

I am hearing ridiculous figures. Like over 10 million. Not sure about that.

He cost Soton nearly £10m, so they are going to want at least £15m for him. Still good value at that.

Does not Lovren often play as left cb?

He has for Soton, but he's also right-footed. I think for 85% of CBs side is irrelevant really - there are only a few it seems to bother.

He cost Soton nearly £10m, so they are going to want at least £15m for him. Still good value at that.

It really depends what we get for Dawson from Harry. If we get 6 million or more then I imagine we will invest.

But I do agree with others that we need a powerful CB for the West Ham type games.

I would say Kabs is good for this.

Ideally at CB I would want Vert. Lovren. Chiriches. Kaboul.

It really depends what we get for Dawson from Harry. If we get 6 million or more then I imagine we will invest.

But I do agree with others that we need a powerful CB for the West Ham type games.

Who would you say Arsenals "powerful" CB is? They seem to steamroll the likes of Stoke, West Ham etc.

Who would you say Arsenals "powerful" CB is? They seem to steamroll the likes of Stoke, West Ham etc.

Mertersaker is pretty tough to beat in the air. Whether that classes as "tough" or not, I don't know. They certainly don't have a Vidic/Skrtel type.

Kaboul isn't good for anything these days sadly. He effectively retired on the pitch against City in November.

At this point in time I'd definitely keep Dawson over Kaboul as our 4th CB.

Koscielny is one of the best CBs in the league. Very powerful and can handle the strongest of numbers 9s.

But he's not known as a "tough" CB in the mould of Vidic, Kaboul etc. Lovren is just like Koscielny in the respect that he's brave and not afraid to throw a head in there, but he'd get bullied by Carroll just like Kos would.

But he's not known as a "tough" CB in the mould of Vidic, Kaboul etc. Lovren is just like Koscielny in the respect that he's brave and not afraid to throw a head in there, but he'd get bullied by Carroll just like Kos would.

Being from a family of Gooners I see a lot of them. Koscielny doesn't really get bullied by them from what I have seen.

Back