• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Injuries

Brighton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine supposedly have a lot of injuries. I say “supposedly” because I don’t follow them but whenever they play on tv it gets mentioned a lot. In my lifetime following Spurs I haven’t known an injury crisis like this I know that much.
Brighton have a lot of injuries, but I'd argue they have been fortunate of when and who they hit, I don't think they have been without Dunk/Webster at the same time for example, Dunk was suspended, but stupidity doesn't count.

They lost Welbeck for a larger period of time, but had Ferguson step up

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been completely fisted with injures, worse than us.

So looks like we are back up to double figures on the missing list again. I make it 11 players if Romero is unavailable along with Scarlett

I mean, its bloody relentless, every week it seems whenever we get one player back we lose another, I have not known a club have a run like this, it feels like its being going on for 3 months now

Last edited:
Erm... did anyone pull up with a ruptured hamstring today, or have their ankle exploded by a Polish chav, or have their ACL ripped by some northern brute? Surely?

Erm... did anyone pull up with a ruptured hamstring today, or have their ankle exploded by a Polish chav, or have their ACL ripped by some northern brute? Surely?
VDV is probably out for a few more months, while the illness continues to ravage the rest of the squad. And there's bound to be another random injury in training in the next 12 days too.

You do fear every time one of our players goes down. Heart was in my mouth today for VdV and Udogie. Seems like PL players, and particularly ours, are made of fudging glass this season.

You do fear every time one of our players goes down. Heart was in my mouth today for VdV and Udogie. Seems like PL players, and particularly ours, are made of fudging glass this season.

Vicious cycle, too many games in general too close together following a lack of proper breaks due to FIFA stupidity with winter WC, for us, new high intensity style after years of sit back play, leads to injuries, leads to workload increase on fit players, leads to injuries, circle goes on.

But seriously, how the fudge is Sess injured again, guy didn't do 20 mins ...

Vicious cycle, too many games in general too close together following a lack of proper breaks due to FIFA stupidity with winter WC, for us, new high intensity style after years of sit back play, leads to injuries, leads to workload increase on fit players, leads to injuries, circle goes on.

Seems like toppety top clubs nowadays (with runs in both cups and Europe) will need 2 teams moving forwards; so rather than a first XI and reserves, it will be a proper 22 with no "first team" and a blend of stars across the whole 22.
For years we've dreamed of that BUT not been able to because top players won't sit on the bench forever, but soon there will be enough games to justify an actual "2 first teams"

Not an excuse for us. No europe, out of the league cup. We've mostly been playing 1 game a week.

There are other issues that need to be looked at in order to limit the smount of injuries we get.

Not an excuse for us. No europe, out of the league cup. We've mostly been playing 1 game a week.

There are other issues that need to be looked at in order to limit the smount of injuries we get.

Improvement is always required, that said

- you would have to look at how many injuries are impact based (not much you can do about that)
- We should figure out the hamstring concern that seems to come with early stage Angeball, probably agravated by players also adapting to EPL pace.
- Did redzone data not indicate these guys were close, or did squad depth force us to play players too close to redzone data?

All to be measured against the fact that several other teams have similar levels of injuries

Improvement is always required, that said

- you would have to look at how many injuries are impact based (not much you can do about that)
- We should figure out the hamstring concern that seems to come with early stage Angeball, probably agravated by players also adapting to EPL pace.
- Did redzone data not indicate these guys were close, or did squad depth force us to play players too close to redzone data?

All to be measured against the fact that several other teams have similar levels of injuries

Different warm ups. Ballet bars. Yoga. I'd be looking at all possibilities.

I'm pretty sure it's linked to VAR. They need to get the warm-up cones/coaches on while reviews are going on. The getting cold and going straight into sprints is quite a problem.

I'm pretty sure it's linked to VAR. They need to get the warm-up cones/coaches on while reviews are going on. The getting cold and going straight into sprints is quite a problem.
For the last few years we were playing a low block with little to no pressing. This season we're doing a lot more high intensity sprints. It's going to lead to muscle injuries.

Back