• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Injuries

Lemonade Money

Steffen Freund
PLAYER REASON FURTHER DETAIL POTENTIAL RETURN CONDITION STATUS
Emerson Leite de Souza Junior Knee Injury Mar 28: 'We can confirm that Emerson suffered a meniscus injury to his left knee while on international duty with Brazil last week. The defender will undergo surgery before beginning his rehabilitation with our medical staff.' 03/07/2023 Currently Being Assessed Ruled Out
TRACK
Ben Davies Thigh Injury Hamstring Strain 30/04/2023 Currently Being Assessed Ruled Out
TRACK
Yves Bissouma Ankle/Foot Injury Feb 09: 'We can confirm that Yves will undergo surgery on Friday to repair a stress fracture to his left ankle. A timeframe for his return will be determined after surgery.' 08/04/2023 Currently Being Assessed Ruled Out
TRACK
Ivan Perisic Calf/Shin/Heel Injury Calf Injury 03/04/2023 Currently Being Assessed 50%
TRACK
Hugo Lloris Knee Injury Feb 09: 'At the moment, we know we have a big loss; Hugo will miss maybe the next six weeks.' 03/04/2023 Currently Being Assessed 50%
TRACK
Ryan Sessegnon Thigh Injury Feb 17: 'We have a problem with Ryan, but that was clear from the last game - he wasn't in the squad, and now, he is not available.' 03/04/2023 Currently Being Assessed 25%
TRACK
Richarlison de Andrade Other Muscular Injury 03/04/2023 Currently Being Assessed 50%
TRACK
Rodrigo Bentancur Knee Injury Feb 13: 'We can confirm that Rodrigo has ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee and will be out of action for the remainder of the campaign.' No Return Date Currently Being Assessed Ruled Out
TRACK

This actually sounds more optimistic than I thought. Sessegnon, Lloris, Perisic, Richarlison all have a chance/close to returning

Could be guess work though, Richarlison definitely looked distraught when he went off

You forgot to mention the injuries to egos after mean ol' Conte suggested the players have let down multiple managers....

Having Sess, Perisic and Davies injured whilst we have a very promising LWB out on loan is rather typical and less than ideal.

This actually sounds more optimistic than I thought. Sessegnon, Lloris, Perisic, Richarlison all have a chance/close to returning

Could be guess work though, Richarlison definitely looked distraught when he went off

Shows how bad the current situation is that you see optimism in the return of 2 players in poor form, a keeper on the decline and a striker with no league goals who I cant remember starting 3 games in a row. I fear it's going to feel like a long time till the end of the season.

So our Current list is: ( all left footed - weird )

Sessengon
Peresic
Richarlison
Van De Ven
Davies
Solomon
Possibly Unfit:
Maddison
Along with Suspensions to:
Romero ( 3 games unless we appeal )
Udogie ( 1 game )

Not Joking but we could do with getting Tanganga, Rodon or Reggie back from loan.

Last edited:

Sessengon
Peresic
Richarlison
Van De Ven
Davies
Solomon
Possibly Unfit:
Maddison
Udogie ( 1 game )

Not Joking but we could do with getting Tanganga, Rodon or Reggie back from loan.

No to Tanganga & Rodon (not good enough) and Reggie is in the best possible place for him, he's playing and looking decent.

We need to either take a risk with Ashley/Academy options or ask PEH to play a CB role (been done before with lots of more defensive midfielders)

based on the way that Udogie and VDV have been blooded I would expect Phillips and possibly Dorrington to get the nod. We need pace in our team to function the way we do, and there's no surprise that Dier has not had a look in as he really does lack pace.

His involvement is now going to mean we're going to need someone quick alongside him, and I wouldn't say that Emerson, Davies, or Hojberg are suited as a result.

Of real concern to me is where we will get the creativity from if Maddison is crocked. Bentancur or Lo Celso I suppose.

based on the way that Udogie and VDV have been blooded I would expect Phillips and possibly Dorrington to get the nod. We need pace in our team to function the way we do, and there's no surprise that Dier has not had a look in as he really does lack pace.

His involvement is now going to mean we're going to need someone quick alongside him, and I wouldn't say that Emerson, Davies, or Hojberg are suited as a result.

Of real concern to me is where we will get the creativity from if Maddison is crocked. Bentancur or Lo Celso I suppose.

Or both .. with Bissouma

No to Tanganga & Rodon (not good enough) and Reggie is in the best possible place for him, he's playing and looking decent.

We need to either take a risk with Ashley/Academy options or ask PEH to play a CB role (been done before with lots of more defensive midfielders)
Some players look better under a new manager and system. I dont really want them back either. And I was not advocating starting them. But we need some options from the bench.

Play the young players. I am down for that. but we need some people on the bench in case of more injuries. Its moot anyway. Would not be able to get them back until Jan. and our stress could / should be less by then.

Oh dear...maddison and vdv not back until 2024... also just heard that they are saying there will not be much money to spend in January either !!!
Really, that cannot be true..surely ?

Oh dear...maddison and vdv not back until 2024... also just heard that they are saying there will not be much money to spend in January either !!!

Re budget, ignore the press nobody knows. Re Madders and VDV, that is bad news.

The money stuff is usual flimflam .. what club other than Chelsea is going to say "hey, we are fudged with injuries, so we have to buy in the worse window and btw, we are flush with cash, so why don't you screw us?" We don't know

The injuries bite, VDV, Maddison, Richi, Perisic, ughh ...

This might be a watershed moment for us, with two of our most important players out for a quarter of the season.
Wolves and Villa this month, plus 7 games in December.
Hopefully at least one of them will be back in time for our first game after the new year, vs United on the 14th of January.

Screenshot_20231110_151435_Chrome.jpg

With neither of these two available until at least the new year and then the Asia cup and AFCON I make that 13 games till we might see our ‘best’ xi again.

Sessengon
Peresic
Richarlison
Van De Ven
Davies
Solomon
Possibly Unfit:
Maddison
Udogie ( 1 game )

That's quite exceptional probability.

I wonder if there's an issue with the turf - those portions (SE and NW corners) get less sun, so the grass there is less stable?

Or left footed players are led to different boot choices and make more injury-inducing choices (i.e. blades)?

Back