• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Injuries

I know other teams are struggling with injuries, but are any of them missing the spine of their team?

Romero VDV
Bissouma
Bentancur Maddison
I think you can get away with playing youngsters out wide when you still have a strong core. At the moment we just don't have that.

I am still looking forward to the day we can get a run of games with those players in the team
Absolutely this, but exacerbated by the fact that we’re 6 months into a new manager and a totally different system, with all of the injuries and suspensions coming in the space of 2 months when we were undefeated and top of the league.

Brighton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine supposedly have a lot of injuries. I say “supposedly” because I don’t follow them but whenever they play on tv it gets mentioned a lot. In my lifetime following Spurs I haven’t known an injury crisis like this I know that much.

Brighton have a lot, but some are coming back (see the subs yesterday) and most importantly, Brighton is built around "replaceable" players bought for a system, and they are 3+ years into that model.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine has injuries but Howe is an idiot, Howe would never trust Royal/Davies/Veliz/etc. in the way Ange has which has led to even more fatigue in squad (think they played 4 games in a row with same team, and limited or no sub use)

I can't recall us having 4+ first team starters out for months on end ...

Brighton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine supposedly have a lot of injuries. I say “supposedly” because I don’t follow them but whenever they play on tv it gets mentioned a lot. In my lifetime following Spurs I haven’t known an injury crisis like this I know that much.
Yep likewise

Saw some stat during our Brighton game and we're at over 100 weeks combined missing players to injuries, was easily the highest in the PL so far
So with us its the length of players being out not how many really although that is unreal too

Feel like there have been questions over our medical team for years now. Is that the real problem we need to be addressing?

Feel like there have been questions over our medical team for years now. Is that the real problem we need to be addressing?
and the fitness team/physios/physios/sports data science folks. ange didn't bring an entourage with him so I think there is also a learning curve for nutrition/fitness programs to catch up. not suprising that vdv and romero suffer from hamstring issues given their play is like 0-100kmh frequently in games

I'm seeing a physio for a hip issue currently
Recently he was Head Physio for Sri Lanka in the Cricket WC, also has done an Ashes tour with England, etc
His mate is a physio at Spurs and said the very high intensity of what Ange want's even in training is not helping, it's taking the players bodies a good while to adjust to how Ange want's to play

I'm seeing a physio for a hip issue currently
Recently he was Head Physio for Sri Lanka in the Cricket WC, also has done an Ashes tour with England, etc
His mate is a physio at Spurs and said the very high intensity of what Ange want's even in training is not helping, it's taking the players bodies a good while to adjust to how Ange want's to play
You can see how exhausted the forwards are. Ange says as much. Yet training is also high intensity? Let's hope players are getting enough rest and recuperation, a very important side to training.

Reactions: jrh
Injured or suspended or gone for Jan

Romero
VDV
Bissouma
Sarr
Madison
Solomon
Perisic
Sessengon
Son
Veliz

Romero
VDV
Bissouma
Sarr
Madison
Solomon
Perisic
Sessengon
Son
Veliz

......................Whiteman
(Solomon) Romero VDV Sessegnon
...................Sarr ........Bissouma
..........................Maddison
.........Son.............Veliz.........Perisic

Romero
VDV
Bissouma
Sarr
Madison
Solomon
Perisic
Sessengon
Son
Veliz
Not to play it down (it's still fudged) but I think we'll have VDV and Maddison back mid-January and Romero by the end of January.

Back