• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Hang on a minute, how many World Cups have that lot won?

I think we should get Jimmy Greaves back to take us to the final and then replace him with some other qunt to take all the credit.

That's true. We could even add that West Ham lot from 66. Heard it mentioned they single handedly won England the WC.

I think we will see a resurgence in the national team over the next decade. The old guard have all left, leaving us with some pretty average night watchmen. With the dawn will come some talent that has been given a chance.

That and hopefully the team will be picked on the basis of who deserves a spot and not who has the biggest sponsorship deals.

I think we will see a resurgence in the national team over the next decade. The old guard have all left, leaving us with some pretty average night watchmen. With the dawn will come some talent that has been given a chance.

That and hopefully the team will be picked on the basis of who deserves a spot and not who has the biggest sponsorship deals.

? where are the world class players? Barkley at everton has had a desperate season, Oxlade Chamberlain is nothing special after all, who else, adam lallana, maybe it's down to Kane now to fly the flag, until england improve the standard of coaching and training facilities, we' won't compete on the international stage for the foreseeable future anyway

? where are the world class players? Barkley at everton has had a desperate season, Oxlade Chamberlain is nothing special after all, who else, adam lallana, maybe it's down to Kane now to fly the flag, until england improve the standard of coaching and training facilities, we' won't compete on the international stage for the foreseeable future anyway
It could mostly be fixed by having kids play in weight groups rather than age groups.

I think that Belgium is a bit of an anomaly, many of their players were developed abroad, so maybe it is just freaky good luck.

Perhaps. I shouldn't underestimate the variance I suppose. But I continue to be impressed not only by the top players Belgium have produced in recent years, but they've also produced a fairly large number of good players behind those. They have one of the most complete looking national sides around, a couple of shortages at full back perhaps, but other than that they have depth and options in all positions. Doesn't seem quite like a "golden generation" good luck thing to me.

Yeah. Not seeing anything so far that this next generation is going to be better than those that came before.

Agreed. England need a couple more clubs ratcheting up some real production lines. Get the numbers in there, too much pressure on a small number of players to make it right now.

Will be gutted if Kane's not starting, him and Mason are the only reasons I have any interest in tonight.

Realistically Mason would only feature as sub v Italy and Kane will start that one, but I'd love to see them involved tonight.

Its a double edged sword. If Kane plays and scores the press will be in overdrive. If he gets a hat trick he will be seen as the saviour of English football. Look what happened after Townsend scored that goal. There was double page spreads in all the papers and his mug was on every news report.

Carroll and Pritchard start for the U21s. Carroll is captain. I believe the game is available for viewing somewhere, somehow ;).

Back