• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

There is some quality there, but it's got be taken in context of the midfielders that England have had in the last 20 years or so.

Is he even close to being on the level of the likes of Modric, Scholes, Gazza even Gerard in his pomp?

I don't think so. When was the last time he ran and dominated the show in Arsenal 'big' games?

Massively overrated

Modric is English?

I was more impressed with the way England pressed all game. They were organised with Rooney and Welbeck both leading the press but also tracking back when others got disposessed out of position.

Oh you like pointing out mistakes don't you?

;)

I meant to use Modric as a recent current player we have had and Scholes and Gerard as previous English midfielders.

I don't think he is fit to tie any of their bootlaces atm

In that case no, he isn't as good as them. He's overrated I agree, but he would walk into our team, not that I would take that **** though.

I was more impressed with the way England pressed all game. They were organised with Rooney and Welbeck both leading the press but also tracking back when others got disposessed out of position.

Indeed. I must say, whilst England were clearly better than the Scots overall, I was impressed with how Scotland tried to play. They have come on leaps and bounds in the last few years. I'd be shocked on that showing if they don't make the Euros.

It would be good to once again have a tournament that has more than one country form the British Isles competing

In that case no, he isn't as good as them. He's overrated I agree, but he would walk into our team, not that I would take that **** though.

We're crap atm, but let's not go overboard! Not even as good overall atm as Jenas when he was at is best. 8-[

He's one of those typical Scum players that will get rave reviews when they play Burnley or QPR at home, but when the likes of Liverpool, Manure, even us, he's found wanting

England will play high-profile friendlies against France and world champions Germany in the build-up to the 2016 European Championships

France will travel to Wembley for a match on November 17 next year, while England will travel to Germany to take on the world's top-ranked team in March 2016.

The Football Association confirmed negotiations are also under way regarding additional friendlies against the Netherlands, who reached the 2014 World Cup semi-finals, and reigning European champions Spain.

Roy Hodgson's side have won all four of their qualifying matches in Group E so far, with matches against minnows like San Marino and Estonia doing little to prepare England for the expected task of taking on Europe's elite in France.

The FA has already announced fixtures against Italy for March next year and the Republic of Ireland in Dublin on June 7.

"It's very encouraging that our search for opposition in the international weeks has led to quality teams such as France, Spain and Germany - with Italy and the Republic of Ireland already announced for 2015," said England manager Hodgson.

"They will complement the important Euro qualifiers which remain the top priority and we are taking nothing for granted. However, these six potential fixtures will provide the type of test we're looking for going forward."

The France friendly is dependent on England - who are already six points clear at the top of Group E - not being involved in a Euro 2016 play-off.

Former England midfielder Robert Lee said the newly-announced friendlies would be invaluable preparation for Hodgson's players given the relative ease with which they have negotiated a straightforward qualifying group.

"I'll be amazed if England don't win that group comfortably so this gives them the chance to test themselves against some of the top teams in the world," he told Sky Sports News HQ.

"If we can keep the expectations down this time who knows what England can do. We've got some exciting young players coming through with pace and that is a positive for the future."

B2zmvygIEAAPgFz.png

I wish Wembley could have a 10th of the atmosphere Celtic Park had lastnight

Get it on yer bucket list mate, especially on CL nights. Might not happen for a while with the qualifying *******s plus we're pretty crap also.

We were well humped on Tuesday btw, Scotland were total mince.

Get it on yer bucket list mate, especially on CL nights. Might not happen for a while with the qualifying *******s plus we're pretty crap also.

We were well humped on Tuesday btw, Scotland were total mince.

How difficult would it be for a netural to get tickets to an Old Firm derby?

Wheelchair is like an "english" modric imo. therefore has a bit of bite to his game.

That's not bite - that's being a cvnt. I don't mind "hard man" players like Keane, I don't mind fannies like Walcott who fall over and cry at every opportunity.

I can't stand those who try to play the hard man but then fall over and cry all the time too (like Wheelchair). He's also not a proper "English" player in that style - when he comes up against a proper competitor in midfield he disappears quicker than Ade at a bleep test.

and i think you are somewhat right in that his game "falls apart without space". But thats just because hes not as good as modric. he is a poor mans modric atm. but thats no bad thing to be. I think overtime, Wheelchair could become that good. who knows, maybe even better. hes still only 22 after all. and at a similar age, modric wasnt as good as what Wheelchair is now, and you could even argue that he was stuggling to impose himself during his intial period with us.

I don't think so. I think a lot of fans took a while to see what Modric did, but for me his strength was always that he could play in tight spots and had the vision/awareness/strength/balance to keep the ball under pressure and use it well.

Wheelchair gets a lot of time because of the team he plays for and because other teams are still scared of them. Put him in any other midfield and he'd be at home crying to his mummy in less time than it take Sol Campbell to go mental.

he got pretty good reviews from owen coyle and bolton fans during his loan spell there. also arsenal are a side with many technically gifted players, but whenever i watch them, i always think Wheelchair is one their best users of the ball particularly in tight spaces. he invariably wriggles out of them, or draws the foul

How difficult would it be for a netural to get tickets to an Old Firm derby?

There's a cup tie at the end of January, first one in 3yrs so that's a no goer even for me.

Like most big games if your not a member of a supporters club then it can be hard work getting a ticket, all depends who you know ;)

Took a few mates up from England to Old Firm games and they loved it, took the missus up to two O/F games and Celtic lost both, she's not going to a third...EVER :eek:k:

The travelling up from Devon gets a pain in the ****, haven't been at a Celtic game in 2yrs now :( laptop only for me now.

Back