• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Bellingham will be England’s best footballer of all time. He is incredibly mature, understands and reads football so well, and is a pure game changer already. Give him some level of progress to improve each year and what a player he will be! Up there at the very top of the game now.

He is but it will have to resolve itself soon. He might use the Malta and Macedonia games now to try out players. I reckon he's hoping/praying Maguire and Phillips will move in Jan and play enough games. Henderson will probably be phased out now I would assume.

He doesn’t need to try out anyone out. We are good to go to Germany.

He doesn’t need to try out anyone out. We are good to go to Germany.

You nailed down a LB?,
Also would you keep Phillips still as a starter even if he doesn't play for City this season? (He looked rusty as f**k against Italy)
Also need to look at CBs in case Maguire doesn't play much either.

I agree if the tournament started tomorrow we have a settled side but there are still these uncertainties to plan for.

Last edited:
You nailed down a LB?,
Also would you keep Phillips still as a starter even if he doesn't play for City this season? (He looked rusty as f**k against Italy)
Also need to look at CBs in case Maguire doesn't play much either.

I agree if the tournament started tomorrow we have a settled side but there are still these uncertainties to plan for.

Luke Shaw is the left back. Chilwell is cover.

Yes I would keep Phillips. He knows and Southgate has told him he needs to be playing so he’ll be looking for the road out of City in January.

He’s not in the Spurs mould but I’d have him for the spring as he is a ball winner and can pass it simple.

Maguire is the big worry, gets dragged out of position too often and I don’t like the way he carries the ball either. But good teams try and exploit relative weakness and someone has to be the weakest. Southgate must be on the cusp of replacing him with Dunk, but he’ll do it when he chooses to do it not because of the boo boys.

Luke Shaw is the left back. Chilwell is cover.

Yes I would keep Phillips. He knows and Southgate has told him he needs to be playing so he’ll be looking for the road out of City in January.

He’s not in the Spurs mould but I’d have him for the spring as he is a ball winner and can pass it simple.

Maguire is the big worry, gets dragged out of position too often and I don’t like the way he carries the ball either. But good teams try and exploit relative weakness and someone has to be the weakest. Southgate must be on the cusp of replacing him with Dunk, but he’ll do it when he chooses to do it not because of the boo boys.
That leaves us with two ball winners who can make simple (usually backward) passes in midfield. AKA "doing a Southgate"

We only need one of Rice, Phillips or Henderson to do the basic stuff - they should have someone who can create a bit next to them.

That leaves us with two ball winners who can make simple (usually backward) passes in midfield. AKA "doing a Southgate"

We only need one of Rice, Phillips or Henderson to do the basic stuff - they should have someone who can create a bit next to them.

Aesthetically yes. But I don’t agree overall as we are rarely short of goals. I concede Maddison or Ward Prowse would add a welcome set piece option.

Aesthetically yes. But I don’t agree overall as we are rarely short of goals. I concede Maddison or Ward Prowse would add a welcome set piece option.

A 4th proper attacker (and switch to 4-2-3-1) would allow us to play a more controlled possession based game. Let Bellingham be the allrounder in the 2, and have Maddison in a free creative role.

A 4th proper attacker (and switch to 4-2-3-1) would allow us to play a more controlled possession based game. Let Bellingham be the allrounder in the 2, and have Maddison in a free creative role.

Surely Bellingham should be as close to Kane as possible?

You could have those two either way around. It just can't be Rice/Phillips/Henderson.

We're scoring because we have a world class striker and they always will. But we saw with Spurs that doesn't get you over the line.

---------------------Johnstone
Walker-----Colwill/Guehi-----Stones-----Shaw
----------------Rice---------Bellingham
--Saka------------Maddison---------Foden
--------------------------Kane

Is about the best combination at the moment I think. Though the defence is pretty crap.

---------------------Johnstone
Walker-----Colwill/Guehi-----Stones-----Shaw
----------------Rice---------Bellingham
--Saka------------Maddison---------Foden
--------------------------Kane

Is about the best combination at the moment I think. Though the defence is pretty crap.

That would be my side TBH, I think there is a fine line between having covering midfielders but not retaining the ball better and therefore inviting it on. For me there is no reason to play two "holder" when the three of Rice, Bellingham and Maddison would keep the ball for days.

Guehi and Stones is the strongest CB pairing available IMO, I think Tomori would be the next in line given form and playing time.

That would be my side TBH, I think there is a fine line between having covering midfielders but not retaining the ball better and therefore inviting it on. For me there is no reason to play two "holder" when the three of Rice, Bellingham and Maddison would keep the ball for days.

Guehi and Stones is the strongest CB pairing available IMO, I think Tomori would be the next in line given form and playing time.

I agree with most of what you write but I think Bellingham has so much to offer further up field.

Just set it up like Ange does, Bissouma, Sarr and Madders get in goal scoring positions just have them rotate at the correct time.

This made me chuckle

Steven Gerrard and Jordan Henderson's Al Ettifaq suffered a 1-0 defeat to Al Riyadh in front of a crowd of just 696 spectators

Back