• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

It's all a bit of fun watching H smashing records and hopefully a confidence boost for his Spurs performances but fudge me there's got to be a better way of doing WC qualification than playing the Dog and Duck.
2 weeks without EPL for San Marino and Albania, I get withdrawals and this is like getting Methadone when you're used to Smack!!

Tbh for years most qualifying groups always have one whipping boy. Its always been that way. Albania were having a decent qualifying tournament this around 16pts is a decent return. They just decided to play football like Leeds.

Panel discussing it now, probably need to weed out the worst 8 ranked nations and have them play in a pre-qualifying tournament which enables one of them to earn the right to play in the next qualifying campaign 4 years later.
Eventually, most..teams get better. Some while back Iceland, Turkey where those cannon fodder. Nowadays Luxembourg are starting to register a few wins each campaign

Tbh for years most qualifying groups always have one whipping boy. Its always been that way. Albania were having a decent qualifying tournament this around 16pts is a decent return. They just decided to play football like Leeds.

Panel discussing it now, probably need to weed out the worst 8 ranked nations and have them play in a pre-qualifying tournament which enables one of them to earn the right to play in the next qualifying campaign 4 years later.
Eventually, most..teams get better. Some while back Iceland, Turkey where those cannon fodder. Nowadays Luxembourg are starting to register a few wins each campaign
I know it's always been like this and it's partly me just getting old and grouchy.

Agree that teams get better, I remember England beating Turkey 8-0 in the 80s but I don't see countries with the populations of San Marino or Andorra ever giving England a game.
Didn't expect Albania to be as bad as they were either.

I know it's always been like this and it's partly me just getting old and grouchy.

Agree that teams get better, I remember England beating Turkey 8-0 in the 80s but I don't see countries with the populations of San Marino or Andorra ever giving England a game.

Yes. That was a real surprise.

I think a pre-qualifier featuring San Marino, Andorra, Faroe Islands, Gibralter, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Lietchenstein and probably Moldova. Might be a good thing for all concerned, some would get the confidence of winning internationals while others would maybe still lose but not get ego-crushing hammerings.

Kane off. Might have to tune in to Northern Ireland v Italy now. Italy need a goal to avoid dropping into the play-offs

Was just checking for the record goals by one player and it is 5, but wiki also tells me we have supplied the most England Internationals by club, with 78!

Remember turkey getting to a world cup semi one time.

I love internationals, so east to bet on you can not fail to make money.

I do hope England get 11, because that is the number of WC Qualification goals San Marino have scored in 31 YEARS!

I've always been a supporter of letting all countries enter, but this just doesn't seem right

Yes. That was a real surprise.

I think a pre-qualifier featuring San Marino, Andorra, Faroe Islands, Gibralter, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Lietchenstein and probably Moldova. Might be a good thing for all concerned, some would get the confidence of winning internationals while others would maybe still lose but not get ego-crushing hammerings.

Should be the bottom 20

there is no need for the amount of Qualifying games

the great thing about nation league is you can improve a ranking and get out the bottom rung

I do hope England get 11, because that is the number of WC Qualification goals San Marino have scored in 31 YEARS!

I've always been a supporter of letting all countries enter, but this just doesn't seem right

I much prefer the nation's league style set up where they are playing teams closer to their standard, if they could incorporate that to qualifying so there are A less games and B closer affairs then much better

Back