• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

They weren't the tactics back then though were they. Not sure how Figo and Deco would react to being told to pass to Ronaldo at every opportunity. That Pork&Cheese team was a proper golden generation that should have won something.

So Lee Catermole is the latest idea some journalists are pushing to fill the role of the DM in the England midfield diamond. Am I the only one who doesn't rate this guy??

So Lee Catermole is the latest idea some journalists are pushing to fill the role of the DM in the England midfield diamond. Am I the only one who doesn't rate this guy??

I dont think anyone is actually serious about this.. I thnk Cattermole just said he was disappointed not to be considered in the recent squad.. It just shows how little depth we have now when any old English player in the PL is disappointed they weren't selected.

Hudd even said that Hull had several contenders that Roy should look at!

This assumption that the England team would prosper should we cut the number of non-eu participants within the premier league seems flawed.

I literally have no idea how they have come up with that conclusion. What is far more likely to happen, is the money previously being spent on the non-eu players would instead be spent upon players in Europe. The value for money is just so much greater in Europe, the key issue we face in improving the England team is not the number of foreign players within our league, it's the price of English players.

Why would you pay more for an inferior product? Sure, loyalty could be attibuted to a country, but when all of your competitors show no such loyalty you will soon find yourself falling behind in the market.

This assumption that the England team would prosper should we cut the number of non-eu participants within the premier league seems flawed.

I literally have no idea how they have come up with that conclusion. What is far more likely to happen, is the money previously being spent on the non-eu players would instead be spent upon players in Europe. The value for money is just so much greater in Europe, the key issue we face in improving the England team is not the number of foreign players within our league, it's the price of English players.

Why would you pay more for an inferior product? Sure, loyalty could be attibuted to a country, but when all of your competitors show no such loyalty you will soon find yourself falling behind in the market.

I wonder if Spain, Germany, Italy also have to pay crazy fees for their promising youngsters?

I wonder if Spain, Germany, Italy also have to pay crazy fees for their promising youngsters?

For the truly exceptional ones I'm sure they do, but the likes of Henderson, Rodwell, Wheelchair would be no more than just another player. If Holtby had grown up in England and come through a PL academy he'd be hailed as world class and the saviour of England while still a teenager.

England are lacking both in the number of youths coming through and the quality. Changes are needed at lower levels. Coaching philosophies and how prospects are scouted/rated.

Just for arguements sake, what do you think would happen or David Beckam or Harry Redknapp were to become the England manager in the future. Both can do no wrong in the British tabloid's eyes, but they also love blaming the manager for everything that's wrong with the team, even if the players aren't good enough and the manager can do no more. I reckon they would probably turn on the players rather than blame either of those two.

He knows how to wear a pair of shorts

article-2486813-19261EF900000578-787_634x465.jpg

Just for arguements sake, what do you think would happen or David Beckam or Harry Redknapp were to become the England manager in the future. Both can do no wrong in the British tabloid's eyes, but they also love blaming the manager for everything that's wrong with the team, even if the players aren't good enough and the manager can do no more. I reckon they would probably turn on the players rather than blame either of those two.

The press would turn on them I think. Happened to Keegan, everybody's sweetheart until he became manager. They would hold back longer than normal, but eventually they would turn on anyone.

Happy Shelvey is there, deserved.

Still though, we could call up our u17s and I'd imagine they'd win our two qualifiers

Clyne deserves his chance, he's been impressive so far this season at Southampton as has Shelvey at Swansea.

Back