• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I don't think it's much to do with the managers tbh, I think there's a bit of an apathy from the top players when it comes to England call-ups. They feign injury etc to get out of friendlies and only show up for the top games. That attitude rubs off on the players around them and eventually the fans.

With the way the press generally build up England far too much before knocking them down, do you really blame them?

He seems to be getting an increasing amount of credit for his "performances":

Wheelchair shadow of player who burst onto Arsenal scene, says Barton

The Time Has Come for Jack Wheelchair to Step Up for Arsenal and England

Is Arsenal’s Jack Wheelchair overrated?

Of course, some are still blind to the obvious:

Merson claims Wheelchair is being played out of position

Roy Hodgson has high hopes for Jack Wheelchair

Patrick Barclay: Wheelchair can replace Gerrard

That last one might actually come true ;)

I think he would, not a tournament win but would get us playing.I dont think we are as bad as people like to say, it just dosnt help we have dinosaur Hodgson in charge, would love to see how we played if we had someone like Rodgers in charge.

we arnt one of the elite obviously but are in the group just below that.Seems its become fashionable these days to call England completely **** whatever happens.

Agree with this, obviously we are no world beaters but the players are better than the performances that have been served up since the mid 2000's.

Agree with this, obviously we are no world beaters but the players are better than the performances that have been served up since the mid 2000's.

Yes, but dinosaur FA and dinosaur Hodgson .. plus picking players that are way past their sell date.

Somebody could be ****ing bothered .. but I stated it when he was appointed, England would qualify for the WC, and put in nothing performance, not get beaten badly but simply exit with a whimper ...

So ****ing obvious ..

Exeter city's Chris Pym played 2 games in 2 days playing for England u20's in Telford on Friday then playing against Mansfield yesterday

The knives are really sharpening for Hidgson aren't they; imagine if England lose tomorrow night....

I wonder who'd they call for to replace him...... :-k

The knives are really sharpening for Hidgson aren't they; imagine if England lose tomorrow night....

I wonder who'd they call for to replace him...... :-k

if England lose? if England don't lose Hodgson should get a bonus, we're facing a far superior outfit

if England lose? if England don't lose Hodgson should get a bonus, we're facing a far superior outfit

I will possibly seek to put a bet in Switzerland as the bookies offer great odds to back the opposition that play England.

But I think England will get a draw. 1-1 methinks

Joey Barton: "Madness is doing the same thing over & over again but expecting different results. On that basis, English football is insane."

"We haven't improved for the experience or learnt from it [WC2014]. If I'm honest, I expect us to get beaten by the Swiss."

"Wayne Rooney as captain is a strange one for me. When you look at the options Roy had, it was down to Wayne and Gary Cahill."

More shocking is that some of what he has said makes sense. I'll be amazed if Roy actually plays Sterling in behind the two strikers, despite it being what's best for the team.

As for the captaincy, Hart, Rooney and Cahill were probably the only options and none of them really are that great an option. My problem with Rooney being made captain is that he is now guaranteed a starting berth when recent performances have shown him to be droppable. Despite all this I do think we could get something from Switzerland, just a feeling I have.

More shocking is that some of what he has said makes sense. I'll be amazed if Roy actually plays Sterling in behind the two strikers, despite it being what's best for the team.

As for the captaincy, Hart, Rooney and Cahill were probably the only options and none of them really are that great an option. My problem with Rooney being made captain is that he is now guaranteed a starting berth when recent performances have shown him to be droppable. Despite all this I do think we could get something from Switzerland, just a feeling I have.

Just because Sterling playing that position for Liverpool has worked wonders for Liverpool and Sterling doesn't automatically translate to it being the best thing for England. Different teams, different players, different squad make-up.

Regarding the captaincy: all three candidates would be as good/bad as each other. Rooney probably gets it simply because he has the most experience of the 3.
It's not that big a controversy, at least not compared to his contract and captaincy status at Manure.

Barton is speaking hot air as usual

We had a manager in Capello who had been extremely successful everywhere else before England. All of sudden, he fails to get England past the last 16 and he's a failure. I'm just a bit sick of the manager always getting the blame and the players getting off scot free, except for Rooney and Gerrard. Odd that Beckham, Scholes and the rest of the golden generation necer got the same stick.

He seems to be getting an increasing amount of credit for his "performances":

Wheelchair shadow of player who burst onto Arsenal scene, says Barton

The Time Has Come for Jack Wheelchair to Step Up for Arsenal and England

Is Arsenal’s Jack Wheelchair overrated?

Of course, some are still blind to the obvious:

Merson claims Wheelchair is being played out of position

Roy Hodgson has high hopes for Jack Wheelchair

Patrick Barclay: Wheelchair can replace Gerrard

That last one might actually come true ;)

Look at the improvement Aaron Ramsey has shown, Wheelchair hasn't improved since 2010.

Back