• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Roy has 2 years to get the "kids" to a disastrous EURO2016 performance before a proper manager takes over.

I am happy he has gone with youth, the old guard needed to step down. We need to see if this new bunch of players are technically better and can take us on a notch.

BUT. Hodgsons tactics are dour, I do see any good movement in our side or positional play by the players to get open. Its all tikka takka with no end product at all. 2 shots on target at home to Norway.

I think we will be lucky to draw in Switzerland.

Sterling was terrible out on the left and only came alive when put in behind Sturridge.
Oxlade-Chamberpot was anonymous all game.
If Henderson and Whilshere are our future CM partnership then heaven help us.

And then James Milner [-X

He has bitten by throwing the '2 shots on target' back at journalists. Claiming good play is just as important. I saw none of this good play.

Once the ball actually got to Sterling and Sturridge there was some good play but not enough to impress.

Our CMs were dire, Stones looked totally out of depth, Jones and Cahill were slow and ponderous moving the ball around (but not aided by having no-one decent to pass to) and O-C and Sterling ineffective on the wing.

As for the "only 2 shots" claim, had it not been for a good save it would've been 1-0 Norway.

Was flicking through the channels last night and stumbled upon the game. I had no idea we were playing. Sums it up for me. No interest anymore,it's a bloody chore watching England. Boring,boring dog****.

Best thing that could happen is if they lose next week. Nothing will change overnight of course, but at least it would be the beginning of the end.

Even Alex Ferguson couldn't get positive results with this England side.

I think he would, not a tournament win but would get us playing.I dont think we are as bad as people like to say, it just dosnt help we have dinosaur Hodgson in charge, would love to see how we played if we had someone like Rodgers in charge.

we arnt one of the elite obviously but are in the group just below that.Seems its become fashionable these days to call England completely **** whatever happens.

For me it's not about England being **** (they are pretty **** though) It's about how boring they are 90% of the time. There's absolutely no excitement unless we get sides like Germany, Argentina or Italy and even then we're likely to lose.

For me it's not about England being **** (they are pretty **** though) It's about how boring they are 90% of the time. There's absolutely no excitement unless we get sides like Germany, Argentina or Italy and even then we're likely to lose.

:lol:

Agree with the point though, the games are just a bit boring.

Its the same at club level though, it's just hard to get excited for friendlies. Sure, we get the excitement of seeing Spurs. But England? In a friendly? Couldn't care less, it's usually against nothing teams and the England side is full of players I don't particularly care for.

Did my eyes deceive me or was the entire top tier empty as well? Sell tickets for a fiver, pack the place out and LET PEOPLE DRINK BEER.

Sorted.

How much of this apathy towards the England team is really down to the fact they're current ****, or perceived as being ****tier than before?

Going back 28 years or so, i'm not sure there has been that much difference now to the way England have played previously. In fact I think they were more dour in the Sven days, esp in the lead-up to the Euro 2004 tournament.
At least now, there is a bit more of a meritocracy in terms of who gets into the squad compared to before (not complete meritocracy, see how easy it is for Gooner players to get in etc).
In fact, Hodgson is the most progressive coach since Hoddle imo..

I wonder if there were more Spurs players currently active in the team and squad whether alot of you would be as down on England:-k

Its the same at club level though, it's just hard to get excited for friendlies. Sure, we get the excitement of seeing Spurs. But England? In a friendly? Couldn't care less, it's usually against nothing teams and the England side is full of players I don't particularly care for.

Is anyone in here any more excited for a qualifier? If England are going to play **** football and do it badly then there's no real point in being interested.

Is anyone in here any more excited for a qualifier? If England are going to play **** football and do it badly then there's no real point in being interested.

only against the swiss, i really like the direction the swiss NT is going in

How much of this apathy towards the England team is really down to the fact they're current ****, or perceived as being ****tier than before?

Going back 28 years or so, i'm not sure there has been that much difference now to the way England have played previously. In fact I think they were more dour in the Sven days, esp in the lead-up to the Euro 2004 tournament.
At least now, there is a bit more of a meritocracy in terms of who gets into the squad compared to before (not complete meritocracy, see how easy it is for Gooner players to get in etc).
In fact, Hodgson is the most progressive coach since Hoddle imo..

I wonder if there were more Spurs players currently active in the team and squad whether alot of you would be as down on England:-k

I don't think it's much to do with the managers tbh, I think there's a bit of an apathy from the top players when it comes to England call-ups. They feign injury etc to get out of friendlies and only show up for the top games. That attitude rubs off on the players around them and eventually the fans.

Hodgson may have got lucky by taking up the diamond formation just as Sterling is starting to excel in it. So long as the three behind him are hard working and know how to pass and move, we could work towards something exciting. For that reason I think Henderson and Wheelchair/OC + a DM (perhaps Delph) may actually be the way forward, as all of those work in similar systems at club level. Hodgson trying to play the old 442 with wingers won't work because none of those players play in teams like that, all of them get their width from their fullbacks. Baines, Shaw, Walker, Johnson, Gibbs and Rose all play very offensively, playing a system that restricts their abilities is suicide.

Rooney and Sturridge are also working in systems where they regularly play with a strike partner and are expected to work the channels, so all in all it suits. Rooney and his ego probably need convincing though, because that guy wants to play just behind a striker and it's gonna be to the detriment of the team if we accomadate his wishes. I agree though, I don't think Roy can create a system for them to flourish in.

I think he would, not a tournament win but would get us playing.I dont think we are as bad as people like to say, it just dosnt help we have dinosaur Hodgson in charge, would love to see how we played if we had someone like Rodgers in charge.

we arnt one of the elite obviously but are in the group just below that.Seems its become fashionable these days to call England completely **** whatever happens.

We would play better football, but there are still at least 10 teams in world football who are superior to England.

There's always international football apathy in September, proper football has just returned, we get the PL back, and a sniff of CL, then they take it all away for two weeks, it's maddening.

Back