• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I'm going to be a daddy

Had scan today and the fourth time running the midwife who measured her manually got it massively wrong, she is measuring as she should do i.e 39 weeks, she is totally fine so won't be induced (good as we want a water birth)

I saw my little girl yawn and pout on the scan today, simply the best thing ever, cannot wait to meet her, so Alice when you're ready honey, please come and say hello to the world

15 months in, still no sleep. Still loving my little Pol Pot though.

Same, 16 months for me and still waiting for him to sleep through the night without waking up several times! Keep thinking it has to happen sooner or later! Feel like I've been exhausted for so long now that my body is about to give up... and Mrs has started hinting about having another lol!
All worth it though just for those moments when he learns something new or does something to make me laugh.

Same, 16 months for me and still waiting for him to sleep through the night without waking up several times! Keep thinking it has to happen sooner or later! Feel like I've been exhausted for so long now that my body is about to give up... and Mrs has started hinting about having another lol!
All worth it though just for those moments when he learns something new or does something to make me laugh.
66 months, still no sleep! The oldest is 5.5 years old and at the age of 3.5, when we had our 2nd son, he'd still be waking up every night.

The oldest sleeps through the night now, but the wee one does no such thing. Getting better though, he's usually awake just once per night now.

Little sleep I can handle, I've always been up till' late anyways, it's the constant spilling of food on the floor and glasses of milk tipping over that gets to me. And windows been molested with strawberry jam covered fingers. Breadcrumbs and ice cream on the sofa, exploring of the toilet bowl, the kicking and screaming when you're trying to put clothes on the littlest and you're in a hurry, dirty shoes in the car making it look like a sandbox and the screams when you turn off the shower and hand them a towel.

Kids are the ultimate enigma; they're an incredible amount of work, a bigger task than you ever imagined and it consumes nearly all time and everything your life used to be, but you wouldn't have it any other way. Sometimes you just have to sit back, look at and enjoy the madness, laugh at the situation and give yourself a pat on the back for doing your best and realize your best is actually quite good.

:)

@Rock Strongo - Haha, great post mate!

Sleep is over-rated anyway! My attempts at "shall we have a little lie in darling" are so futile and desperate!

Oh and the Dyson Animal has become my best-friend. Shame my eye-sight isn't upto it and the missus sees things on the floor that are microscopic!

So much fun though!

Mines also 5.5 - you had the tooth fairy in yet?

@Papercut - haven't seen any yet, should be round the bend then? Thought he lost them all a while back, when he fell mouth first on a speaker...but they all kept in place *phew*

@Papercut - haven't seen any yet, should be round the bend then? Thought he lost them all a while back, when he fell mouth first on a speaker...but they all kept in place *phew*
More importantly, was the speaker OK?

I had the horror of having to move my centre speaker above the TV when my little one realised he could get my undivided attention by ripping it from the wall and running about using it as a hammer.

More importantly, was the speaker OK?

I had the horror of having to move my centre speaker above the TV when my little one realised he could get my undivided attention by ripping it from the wall and running about using it as a hammer.
That the speaker survived. What it didn't survive, was the beating it got during its 10 years as a party machine. It served as a table for the past 5 years. I departed with them last summer, it was tough, my first real speakers.
My Martin Lab's: (well almost, mine were mahogany)

martin-lab-312mk2-1309f14.jpg

I'm sorry, was there a baby in this thread? o_O

Still no sign of our little girl, she is due Thursday so no major panic as yet

don't worry about it. Even is she is 2 weeks late still no worries baby's come when they come. The due date is only right in something like 5% of the time.

don't worry about it. Even is she is 2 weeks late still no worries baby's come when they come. The due date is only right in something like 5% of the time.
Only thing to worry about is your gf who is tinkled off and sick of waiting, staggering around like a constipated hippo. We went 11 days over due on the first one, and it was hell!

The mrs was having contractions last night between 1am and 4am, 7 minutes apart, we rang the hospital they said don't come in just yet, she has had nothing since

Back