• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

If you could exile two humans off this planet

Its because you are so blinkered in your views you do not listen to what others have to say. Those two examples kind of sum your opinions up, you look at everything as black and white with no room for manoeuvre, i will repeat i do not like Thatcher how more commited could i be over that, have you got it yet.

So you won't answer the question? Both those generic questions are just that, generic. Neither statement is wrong or right. I am just interested to hear which one is closer to your beliefs. Doesn't mean there isn't room for both under certain circumstances.

But you won't answer will you, because then you'd be nailing your colours to the mast. And why do that when you can just sit back and be critical without the risk?

Also you keep stating you don't like Thatcher, but you don't go into details as to why. What policies of hers did you detest the most? Did you think under her tenure any good was achieved, and if so what?

As for your own business, what I was after is whether you started it up during her tenure or before/after and what were your personal motives for starting up a business?

Last edited:
So you won't answer the question? Both those generic questions are just that, generic. Neither statement is wrong or right. I am just interested to hear which one is closer to your beliefs. Doesn't mean there isn't room for both under certain circumstances.

But you won't answer will you, because then you'd be nailing your colours to the mast. And why do that when you can just sit back and be critical without the risk?

Also you keep stating you don't like Thatcher, but you don't go into details as to why. What policies of hers did you detest the most? Did you think under her tenure any good was achieved, and if so what?

As for your own business, what I was after is whether you started it up during her tenure or before/after and what were your personal motives for starting up a business?

Answering those questions will not prove anything, one way or the other because they are simplistic. How can you sum up a person's philosophy in one sentence?

e

Ok just for you i will answer the question, neither one of those has more importance for me then the other as they both have a place ( or should have) in everyones thoughts. As for the Thatcher debate it has been flogged to death many times over the last 20 years and i see no point in going over it ( yet) again as most people are in one camp or the other and will not change that.

I have been working for myself since the early 70's so it was nothing to do with Thatcher, the reason i decided to work for myself was i found working for others was a dead end as most of the time i was making more money for them then myself.

e

Ok just for you i will answer the question, neither one of those has more importance for me then the other as they both have a place ( or should have) in everyones thoughts. As for the Thatcher debate it has been flogged to death many times over the last 20 years and i see no point in going over it ( yet) again as most people are in one camp or the other and will not change that.

I have been working for myself since the early 70's so it was nothing to do with Thatcher, the reason i decided to work for myself was i found working for others was a dead end as most of the time i was making more money for them then myself.

What is your trade? Was it harmed during the 80's? Who has been your favourite PM in your lifetime and why?

Another who results to insults. I take that as debate won on this as well then!

It is pointless debating with you, as i say you must be a barrel of laughs in the real world. If it makes you feel any better carry on with your blinkered view of life, and dont forget that when you go to bed tonight to hold your hand.

e

Again, politely, how old are you mate?

I think that all industry and mining would be tickety boo if Thatcher hadn't come along. We would still be the industrial powerhouse that built the world's largest empire and I'd probably be think typing this very message from a hover keyboard whilst sipping from bone china, right this very instant if Thatcher hadn't come along.

Simply awesome.

fudging hell this threads gone off the boil. I do genuinely love it when people, on here and in the real world, get high and mighty :)

No ones better than anyone whether you went to further your education, are self employed or not.

fudging hell this threads gone off the boil. I do genuinely love it when people, on here and in the real world, get high and mighty :)

No ones better than anyone whether you went to further your education, are self employed or not.

Surely that is criteria based? In the grand scheme of things you are probably right as in the grand scheme of things the human race is totally insignificant. But comparitive to other humans, we are not equal and there are people better than others both in terms of prowess and what society deems as successful. I'm pretty sure Mother Theresa was better than Adolf Hitler, at least in societies eyes for example.

Yet another perfectly good thread derailed by politics. I think some of you love politics more than football! Doesn't take a genius to figure out why so many posters on here ignore most of the threads in the random section.

Celine Dion and John Terry

or

Jens Lehman and Rupert Murdoch

or

W and Tony Blair

or

Ian Wright and the inventor of Disco music

or

My cheating c*** of an ex-girlfriend and the hospital-chasing lawyer whose actions are threatening to f*** with my civil liberties

or

etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Back