• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

We are not speaking about keeper rotation per se - we are speaking about giving each player a fair crack of games to earn his spot now that both players are on comparable form and one is potentially our established name for the next decade while the other is soon to call it a day

This is not about kicking Friedel any more than it would be about kicking Defoe when Ade is given a few games or Naughton (hopefully for good) ahead of BAE. I'm not sure why you've chosen such a negativist term either ('kicking') - it implies a negative scenario and something unfair is about to happen when in fact normal squad management would simply take place. Brad hasn't done anything wrong but neither has Hugo and he deserves a chance just as much based on form at the moment if nothing else (I can list another 10 reasons btw)
Sorry mate Naughton will never make it as a left-back

Is Lloris actually gonna play in the league this season? We do already have an extremely reliable goalkeeper and therefore I think Hugo has a lot to prove in training and cups that he's up to the task.

I've said this before but if we choose not to start Friedel in one game then that's a big decision destroying Friedel's brilliant record of starting every single league game since the 2004. Lloris really needs to prove he deserves to end Friedel's record.

I've said this before but if we choose not to start Friedel in one game then that's a big decision destroying Friedel's brilliant record of starting every single league game since the 2004.

I sincerely doubt any professional manager/coach out there picks his team based on their wikipedia statistics. That should never be a consideration when selecting a squad

Oh what a surprise, Lloris eventually gets a Premier League start. Just because he wasn't thrown in the deep end at the start, doesn't mean to say that he won't get his chance eventually.

Big LOLZ for Tony Gale, saying AVB has probably upset the dressing room with his decision to play Lloris today.

Not a huge amount to do, but generally looked calm, assured and reliable. There will be far harder tests for him but I was impressed today.

Have to say as well, there were two occasions where he was quick off his line to get to the ball ahead of an onrushing Villa player (think it was Benteke). Friedel is a top keeper and I'm gutted for him that his run was broken, but I wonder if he'd have done the same, meaning we may have conceded and not won the game. It was a hugely dominant performance from us, but the line between success and failure is very very thin in football and subtle little things like that can actually make a huge amount of difference.

Yes, its a shame for Friedel to lose his record run but was going to end sometime and probably won't be broken for a long time anyway.

I would say its better this way. A veteran keeper makes way for a young keeper who could be mainstay for years. He gets to play to start the season and show he is still a quality keep and then makes way at a convenient stage (a relatively low pressure home game). An alternative would be to keep playing him until he makes a mistake, then him dropped once the excuse is there. The latter seems much harsher and less respectful.

Bless him, he ignored the spurs fans when they were cheering 'hugo, give us a wave' because he didnt understand them.

He got the point when we dumbed it down to chants of 'huuuuugo'

Back