• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

This is quite funny now. All of the people who can't seem to let any slight criticism of AVB go are going to have to now criticise the decision to drop Friedel, even though they only had the "it sends out the wrong signal to drop him" opinion to back up AVB.

Well come on then, lets hear it... AVB has just dropped Brad, several people thought this would be a bad thing, I'm guessing this group of people still think so?

My personal opinion is that AVB has every right to pick HL regardless of BFs form. Well done AVB.

Sensational? He made 1 half save the whole game. I will say that minus one dodgy moment he looked very solid and definately did some good things.

I think he did well. Coming off his line very effectively at 0-0. Would Brad have been so agile on his feet to sweep up those 2 chances villa had?

Did rush his distribution and give the ball away badly. Bar that Lloris was excellent imo

Last edited:
I feel its good man management from, AVB regarding Lloris in getting the Old Trafford game out of the way first before introducing him to his premeirship debut . This also sends Hugo back to his national team in good spirits. He looked assured apart from the one mishap .

Lloris is amazing. Friedel's amazing. We have the best pair of goalkeepers in the league. Gutted Friedel's run came to an end today.

Lloris is amazing. Friedel's amazing. We have the best pair of goalkeepers in the league. Gutted Friedel's run came to an end today.

+1

Interestingly Friedel has yet to keep a clean sheet this season, Lloris has started 3 games and kept 2 clean sheets.

Well come on then, lets hear it... AVB has just dropped Brad, several people thought this would be a bad thing, I'm guessing this group of people still think so?
I felt that if Lloris did particularly well in the UEFA he should play but against Pana he was average so I don't see the need to change.

But AVB knows more than anyone about their mood, disposition and form in training.

I was pleased we got a clean sheet and thought Lloris came out fast twice very well and made 1 or 2 poor 'distributions'

I feel its good man management from AVB regarding Lloris in getting the Old Trafford game out of the way first before introducing him to his premeirship debut . This also sends Hugo back to his national team in good spirits. He looked assured apart from the one mishap .
Too right. We had a settled 'keeper who knows the squad very well - why throw Lloris straight into the starting line-up so soon after he signs for us? There was absolutely no need for it. Instead, AVB played it patiently and let the Frenchman get some cup games and training under his belt in order to get used to the rest of the squad. His first game in the league is a clean sheet and he'll have a tremendous amount of confidence from here on in.

Some people seem to make comments without actually having any information. The manager of this club talks to our players everyday - he knows a far sight more than us.

This is quite funny now. All of the people who can't seem to let any slight criticism of AVB go are going to have to now criticise the decision to drop Friedel, even though they only had the "it sends out the wrong signal to drop him" opinion to back up AVB.

My personal opinion is that AVB has every right to pick HL regardless of BFs form. Well done AVB.

Personally I would have stuck with Brad. But that's me and not AVB. I back hi judgement. It's called support

Am sorry for Brad however Lloris is the future so would rather than he develops an understanding with the CBs today rather than wait til the end of hte season. Freidel would also need to learn to play with Verts and Caulker anyway so better for Lloris to do that given he's the long term keeper

Its not as if Lloris is some untried rookie either - he's got 40+ caps for a big country and has bags of experience!!! Its just that he hasnt played in the premier league

Personally I would have stuck with Brad. But that's me and not AVB. I back hi judgement. It's called support

That's pleasing to here. Someone who didn't agree with a decision but will support the manager regardless.

I'm glad we finally have a manager people are willing to support without letting minor detail get in the way of overall conclusion.

I'm glad we finally have a manager people are willing to support without letting minor detail get in the way of overall conclusion.

I think that's because he has lower expectations than Redknapp, so he deserves less criticism.

+1

Interestingly Friedel has yet to keep a clean sheet this season, Lloris has started 3 games and kept 2 clean sheets.

Clean sheets are such an appalling measure of a goalkeepers ability. Especially when you consider how many goals are from defender/midfielder errors compared to genuine goalkeeping errors.

This argument is dumb. Did anyone pronounce Thierry Henry as 'hen-ree' or 'on-ree'?

If its pronounced 'ugo' its fudging ugo

Got it?!

Back