• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Wishful thinking on your part, AVB isn't just going to kick Friedel out of the team when he's doing nothing wrong because it's unfair not to give Lloris a chance. Just because Fergie is doing it with de Gea because he keeps getting bullied in the air does not mean keeper rotation has been done numerous times before - because it certainly hasn't.

Funniest part of all - no one would remember any of this ratings flimflam within 2 months of Lloris esablishing himself.

By January 2012 this topic would only be alive in general GG folklore reference and similar memes

Wishful thinking on your part, AVB isn't just going to kick Friedel out of the team when he's doing nothing wrong because it's unfair not to give Lloris a chance. Just because Fergie is doing it with de Gea because he keeps getting bullied in the air does not mean keeper rotation has been done numerous times before - because it certainly hasn't.

We are not speaking about keeper rotation per se - we are speaking about giving each player a fair crack of games to earn his spot now that both players are on comparable form and one is potentially our established name for the next decade while the other is soon to call it a day

This is not about kicking Friedel any more than it would be about kicking Defoe when Ade is given a few games or Naughton (hopefully for good) ahead of BAE. I'm not sure why you've chosen such a negativist term either ('kicking') - it implies a negative scenario and something unfair is about to happen when in fact normal squad management would simply take place. Brad hasn't done anything wrong but neither has Hugo and he deserves a chance just as much based on form at the moment if nothing else (I can list another 10 reasons btw)

Last edited:
I can't say much more than I think you're a tad deluded if you think AVB will gently move an in-form Friedel aside one day(is that more positive for you?) to give Hugo a run in goal to show us what he can do. If Friedel starts playing like crap then fine but I don't see that happening, therefore I see Hugo getting to know the Spurs bench for a while longer yet.

After this poxy international break we have:

Chelsea
Maribor (EL)
Southampton
Norwich (COC)
Wigan
Maribor (EL)
Emirates Marketing Project
Arsenal
Lazio (EL)
West Ham
Liverpool

Liverpool is our first midweek game in the league. I don't see anything changing before then.

I can't say much more than I think you're a tad deluded if you think AVB will gently move an in-form Friedel aside one day(is that more positive for you?) to give Hugo a run in goal to show us what he can do.

He's as in-form as Hugo at the moment (statistically he's actually behind but that's another story). The only delusion here taking place is the one where you think Lloris would only be given a chance if Brad kicks the ball into his own net or pulls of a few Gomes flaps

If Friedel starts playing like crap then fine but I don't see that happening, therefore I see Hugo getting to know the Spurs bench for a while longer yet.

Friedel doesn't have to play like crap to lose his spot (that is the main argument which is often missed upon here) - he's been a 6.5/10 at best (7 if you look at the more positive ratings) this season - if Lloris comes in and performers better = easy choice. And the only way to see that is by giving him a chance which is going to happen sooner rather than later.

I didn't upgrade my BMW last time because my old one's engine ceased - it was still running fine. etc. It simply got a little old and I scooped a newer, better one.

Last edited:
its just like Levy didnt need to replace old man Redknapp with young buck AVB.....but he did

now its AVB's turn to be just as ruthless

you dont rate Lloris do you.......over-hyped like M Gomez?

i dont know about lloris. how can i not rate him. i dont rate knee jerkers opinion here thats for sure, and i feel many live here and put him right up there without knowing him well enough

mario gomez is overhyped....only quality he has worth mentioning is finishing. thats it...that is for another thread

you seem almost happy that some are criticzing him (only seen criticism for the goal on this thread actually, not seen any media or friends even considering he was at fault for the goal), that's not true is it?

not him, i'm using him as a proxy to those people that dont really know about someone but overhype them based on marketing and exposure. cause thats how football generates income. lloris is a big name...plays for france that are right up there as a nation, plays in CL..... naturallly from this he is some sort of potential world class player? i dont believe that many people have seen him enough to know the intricacies of his game yet the praise seemed relentless..even to the point that Brad and AVB looked like they were getting the bad end of things cause he wasnt playing

got nothing against lloris himself (aside from the moan to deschamps).

:) yeah African thinks they are both brick

overrated was mine for cavani, never said he was brick, I'm still not sure he is as good as people make out......which is world class.....but he does look a tidy player, he is a very good player...but again to stress..i dont get "amazing" from him

Gomez is fudging brick. take that brick to the bank. and people that rate him as world class based on figures alone .....i choose to respect that they have an opinion but i feel it is wrong and very falsely lead

Last edited:
I would take your point, but then I remember that you think Kaboul is also brick.

i dont know why people do that...i can only think its a generation or society / enviroment thing

i dont think he is brick , i just dont rate him as hghly as most of you guys do. do i think he was our best defender last season? No...this season? No

i think he is our third or 4th best defender. doesnt mean he is brick though does it?

I think we all wanted Lloris to be mega-fantastic last night

We wanted Lloris to pull off seven AMAZING saves, great distribution, white teeth and nice hair

Then we could all say he deserves to oust Brad

But he didn't, so he doesn't. He was fine, Brad is fine = stick with Brad and assess them in training.

Thought it was common knowledge Kaboul was our best defender last season? King, daws or Gallas weren't any better.

Also, I love it when I hear 'Hes a striker who only knows how to score and offers nothing else'. Lol kind of the point of a striker!!!!

Back