• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

In your view - What has Brad done so well and Lloris so poor (or other way around if you wish, makes no difference) to help with the decision on Sunday?

In short - who would you start against Villa and why?

Ooh a fun game.

If i was AVB, i would start Freidel. Neither has really currently shown they are better than the other imv ( In matches, i haven't have the privilege of watching them train). They are performing to about the same standard currently, so starting Freidel is the option that would deliver the least pressure if things go badly.

If i start Lloris and he majorly fudges up, i take the flack for changing the goalkeeper, breaking brad's run of x games on the trot..

If i start Brad and he majorly fudges up, I point to the fact that he had been consistent for the past x number of games, How was i to know this would be a bad one from him, He's getting on a bit and isn't it nice that we have Lloris here to challenge him for that first team spot.

I move for the route of least pressure because i am clearly being scrutinised by the media, and if i make an error they will blow it out of proportion.

That make sense?

Last edited:
That make sense?

Partly - but can fully understand where you're coming from and respect that.

However - for me personally Lloris simply has to be given a chance at some point sooner rather than later - else we would always be faced with this Catch 22 or infinite loop if you wish, where

- he needs to play in order to gain match sharpness -> he doesn't have enough match sharpness and can fudge up -> he needs to play in order to ...

Therefore - the way I see it at the moment, now that both have been on comparable form looking at the last 2 respective games - a ncie opportunity has been presented to introduce Lloris to the PL against a t bottom 10 (on form) opponent and a home game to help with the pressure. Else Brad would keep tugging along since he's unlikely to suffer severe loss on form based on past precedent and performances

Yeah i get that.

The major problem was that he was not here for pre-season, imv everything else stems from that.

If he was here, he plays pre-season becomes first choice, brad is given the chance to go elsewhere if he wants and everyone is happy.

Le sigh.

Never said they did.

However that is wage expenditure which we can do without considering their first team (envisaged) involvement.

well the wage aspect doesnt seem to have bothered Levy as he signed Lloris with Brad, Gomes and Cudicini already on board, and with no sign of them being linked away from the club.

well the wage aspect doesnt seem to have bothered Levy as he signed Lloris with Brad, Gomes and Cudicini already on board, and with no sign of them being linked away from the club.

I'm sure if Lloris was signed earlier and Lyon played ball - none of them would be here - and most certainly at least one

Ooh a fun game.

If i was AVB, i would start Freidel. Neither has really currently shown they are better than the other imv ( In matches, i haven't have the privilege of watching them train). They are performing to about the same standard currently, so starting Freidel is the option that would deliver the least pressure if things go badly.

If i start Lloris and he majorly fudges up, i take the flack for changing the goalkeeper, breaking brad's run of x games on the trot..

If i start Brad and he majorly fudges up, I point to the fact that he had been consistent for the past x number of games, How was i to know this would be a bad one from him, He's getting on a bit and isn't it nice that we have Lloris here to challenge him for that first team spot.

I move for the route of least pressure because i am clearly being scrutinised by the media, and if i make an error they will blow it out of proportion.

That make sense?

that shouldnt even be a consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
If AVB chose Lloris and he majorly fudged up you can guarantee it would be plastered all through any newspaper article though.

Your thinking like rational people, i'm trying to think like the press. :p

If AVB chose Lloris and he majorly fudged up you can guarantee it would be plastered all through any newspaper article though.

He can never win, mate - in their myopic eyes he's fudged either way

- play Lloris - dropping ol' Brad = player revolt
- don't play Lloris - frustration = player revolt

SaveHugo_08-16-2008.jpg

thats amazing , where did you get that? is that online?

isnt llris supposed to be like ..lightning fast reflexes....? decision making expert? comes of his line in a single bound?

what happened yesterday...looked like a dear in headlights....legs shaking and everything when he had to make his FIRST real save..........hehe ;)

poor lloris...after the meager and utterly medioce display am actually rooting for him now. Hope he plays against the villa..and doesnt let the pressure get to him

isnt llris supposed to be like ..lightning fast reflexes....? decision making expert? comes of his line in a single bound?

what happened yesterday...looked like a dear in headlights....legs shaking and everything when he had to make his FIRST real save..........hehe ;)

poor lloris...after the meager and utterly medioce display am actually rooting for him now. Hope he plays against the villa..and doesnt let the pressure get to him

you dont rate Lloris do you.......over-hyped like M Gomez?

No - he would simply give him a chance to prove himself now that both keepers are on comparative form and he needs game time to actually gain form

/mind blown

It is mind-blown because that's simply not going to happen. It's not like giving Naughton a game ahead of Walker to see how he does.

The Gomez who scored 80 goals in 2 seasons or the Cavani who scored 70 goals in 2 seasons?

Last edited:

you seem almost happy that some are criticzing him (only seen criticism for the goal on this thread actually, not seen any media or friends even considering he was at fault for the goal), that's not true is it?

It is mind-blown because that's simply not going to happen. It's not like giving Naughton a game ahead of Walker to see how he does.

Why wouldn't it happen - it is the most reasonable way yo introduce him into the team, has been done numerous times elsewhere, and is being done at this very time (as we speak) - at Man Utd.

Do you honestly think Lloris would sit on our bench for 1 season hoping Brad to enter a Gomes-like abyss of poor form and drop in confidence eventhough precedent is very much against that?

Squad rotation and management, best player for the position, best player on form - everyone deserves a fair crack.

Back