• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Representation doesn't have to be an agent. A lawyer paid by the hour. A representative from the pfa (the whole point of a union is to stop exploitation).

As for they wouldn't know who were after them. Hire a personal assistant to deal with that.
The PFA are useless! A contract lawyer would have no contacts and no sway…. Sorry but you’re talking about this from a position of no experience.

The PFA are useless! A contract lawyer would have no contacts and no sway…. Sorry but you’re talking about this from a position of no experience.

But it has been done. De bryne and i believe dele have negotiated contracts without agents.

If a club wants to buy a player they contact their club. If the club agrees they give permission for the other club to talk to the player. That's how it is supposed to work.

You are talking from a position of bias.

Last edited:
But it has been done. De bryne and i believe dele have negotiated contracts without agents.

You are talking from a position of bias.

Tech will eventually take the place of agents or at least the vast reliance on them.

TransferLab will bridge that gap IMO

Tech will eventually take the place of agents or at least the vast reliance on them.

TransferLab will bridge that gap IMO

Was thinking before that eventually you'd have ai lawyers that will just do negotiations between themselves. Maybe even ai magistrates. Millions of court cases could be settled in seconds.

Nothing in there at all that shows why a player doesn’t need representation, I would say it actually argues that players absolutely need good representation…. I could give you many, many horror stories of numerous clubs exploiting players who don’t have any (or at least decent) representation.
Harry Kane?

A player without an agent would have no idea of who actually wants him.
Maybe not when the only option was for someone (who if they weren't an agent would probably be a scrappy) to pick up a phone and call around teams.

I could probably set up a platform for players and clubs to match up in a month or two. Someone who does it professionally would probably have a polished version with apps/etc off the ground in less than a year.

In what way? Players will know roughly what each other gets paid. They can hire a lawyer to check over the contract to make sure it's what they agreed to and above board. Job done.

A lawyer will make sure everything is in order legally. They won't get the best deal for a player. A good agent will drum up interest in their client any way they can.

Clubs would try and get young lads signed to long contracts on low wages. Clubs took advantage of players for years - listen to Mark Crossley talking about Brian Clough negotiating with him. And Crossley liked Clough. Clough told him to sign a blank contract and that he had 5 mins to do it. As Crossley was outside thinking about it for the 5 minutes Clough allowed, he was getting shouts of "You have 4 minutes, son" and so on. Listen to John Giles talking about his exit from Leeds.

Where this sort of money is involved, parties will try and take advantage of each other as much as possible. Players, typically, are not as well educated as club owners. They need agents or the pendulum of power swings right back to the clubs.

A lawyer will make sure everything is in order legally. They won't get the best deal for a player. A good agent will drum up interest in their client any way they can.

Clubs would try and get young lads signed to long contracts on low wages. Clubs took advantage of players for years - listen to Mark Crossley talking about Brian Clough negotiating with him. And Crossley liked Clough. Clough told him to sign a blank contract and that he had 5 mins to do it. As Crossley was outside thinking about it for the 5 minutes Clough allowed, he was getting shouts of "You have 4 minutes, son" and so on. Listen to John Giles talking about his exit from Leeds.

Where this sort of money is involved, parties will try and take advantage of each other as much as possible. Players, typically, are not as well educated as club owners. They need agents or the pendulum of power swings right back to the clubs.

Absolutely but its not universal, good players who have abit about them upstairs will be in the shop window and know there worth, so although I agree that there is a place I still maintain they are not essential.

In the modern world of data alot of it will go online where clubs can track players on data and the players can track their worth (some players have already done that). If contracts become standardised and contracts can be ratified by uploading them to an app, it could prove to be a death toll for agents at the very top level at least.

Of course they are good agents but there are a lot who are in it for the money and will cut corners to see that happen( and not usually for the benefit of players) Working at the FA and coaching classes i have seen it happen on many occasions.

As i said they are GOOD agents but they are tarred by the majority who are in it for their own reasons( usually money).

Of course they are good agents but there are a lot who are in it for the money and will cut corners to see that happen( and not usually for the benefit of players) Working at the FA and coaching classes i have seen it happen on many occasions.

As i said they are GOOD agents but they are tarred by the majority who are in it for their own reasons( usually money).

I’d imagine every one of them is in it for the money albeit some of them more so than others and some have no conscience about it.

Let’s be fair, generally speaking, clubs, agents and players would all royally screw the other two parties if it was in their interests to do so.

I’d imagine every one of them is in it for the money albeit some of them more so than others and some have no conscience about it.

Let’s be fair, generally speaking, clubs, agents and players would all royally screw the other two parties if it was in their interests to do so.

Of course everyone who has a job/trade does it for the money that is why we all work. And as you say there is a lot of arseholes in every trade who are out for what they can get. Agents are a breed though and as i will repeat they are some who are in it for the love of the game and benefit of their clients, however they are a lot who will do/say anything to get YOUNG players to go where it would suit the agent ( moneywise) and as others have said they are really not needed in many cases.

International transfer agents fees near £800m in 2023 according to Fifa - BBC Sport

As i said you have a union for a reason. No reason that union can't hire agents to talk help negotiations at a set fee. There would be plenty out of work.

Yes back in the day the power was with the clubs. Now it has swung the other way.

I'd personally be happy if players paid their agents directly then could decide for themselves which are good. Which are bad and create competition.

At the moment it is madness and the money going out to agents is obscene.

Would Loris male a good coach? Has leadership skills and a lot of experience already and quite articulate .
Coaching is more than experience or leadership experience. It's the ability to evaluate a situation, adapt as well how well you can get your ideas across as well as having novel ideas in the first place if you want to achieve to a high level. None of this anything we can ever tell just by watching them play, only those who have close personal interactions will have any idea how to determine if they are any good.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Coaching is more than experience or leadership experience. It's the ability to evaluate a situation, adapt as well how well you can get your ideas across as well as having novel ideas in the first place if you want to achieve to a high level. None of this anything we can ever tell just by watching them play, only those who have close personal interactions will have any idea how to determine if they are any good.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Agreed 100%. Naturally, I hear that suggestion from a lot of fans whenever a player is a fan favourite. There’s a romanticism about it.

But if I take someone like Ledley. He was a terrific player as we know. Could have gone to the very, very top. I listen to him on TV and two things strike me. He isn’t the most charismatic person and isn’t comfortable speaking. So it’d be difficult to get motivated by him. He’s also poor at articulating himself. When he was a pundit, I don’t recall him offering an ounce of insight. I dare say that Ledley has forgotten more about the game than I’ll ever know but I don’t believe he has the skills to be a coach based on what I’ve seen.

The club should make sure he’s always looked after though.

Also, I think for someone like Lloris who has be around for so long and a captain, especially if they believe they have playing time left, it can been a tough transition to go straight from playing to coaching. Probably better to have a break first

Absolutely but its not universal, good players who have abit about them upstairs will be in the shop window and know there worth, so although I agree that there is a place I still maintain they are not essential.

In the modern world of data alot of it will go online where clubs can track players on data and the players can track their worth (some players have already done that). If contracts become standardised and contracts can be ratified by uploading them to an app, it could prove to be a death toll for agents at the very top level at least.
Providing that balance is fine if done by someone on a salary.

When an agent's earnings and motivation rely on them churning players through clubs as often as possible, the whole game suffers.

Back