• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Good luck to him.

It seems very weird that he hasn’t featured at all since HT of the Saudi Sportswashing Machine disaster last season. Really feels like he’s had a falling out with the club somehow.

Really sad to see him go although it's time and probably has been for longer than I'd admit. Absolute legend. Genuinely great goalkeeper for so many years and a brilliant pro (one very stupid incident aside).

I hope he doesn't feel slighted by the way he's been phased out and I hope that there'll always be reciprocal respect/love between him and the club. Unfortunately, as Ange says, you can't change a club without making some pretty big changes and Hugo was one of those. To be fair, to outsiders, both Ange and him seem to have behaved in a very classy way towards each other.

Best goalkeeper in the PL in his prime.

Quality overall, except a big drop off in his final season (and that wobbly season after the WC win).

His worst moments shouldn't overshadow his brilliant, years long contribution to the club, though. Great servant, our best GK in the modern era IMO.

Wish him all the best and hope he gets a deserved send off on Sunday.

Genuinely stunning shot stopper in his prime, like many keepers always had a mistake in him but his reflexes and overall presence made him one of our best ever. Definitely harks from an era where keepers were not required to be skillful with the ball.

Genuinely stunning shot stopper in his prime, like many keepers always had a mistake in him but his reflexes and overall presence made him one of our best ever. Definitely harks from an era where keepers were not required to be skillful with the ball.
The other day, I was reading a match report from 2017 when we mugged City for a point in a 2-2 and he was at fault for both goals. BBC described it as a "rare nightmare display from Lloris". I remember watching it and being shocked that he'd cost us a goal (and then 2).

At that point, he'd been with us around 4.5 years and I don't recall him making many mistakes that led to goals in that time. Even afterwards, he was still brilliant albeit more error prone.

Was our only genuine world class player between Bale and Kane and stuck with us through some pretty brick years.

The other day, I was reading a match report from 2017 when we mugged City for a point in a 2-2 and he was at fault for both goals. BBC described it as a "rare nightmare display from Lloris". I remember watching it and being shocked that he'd cost us a goal (and then 2).

At that point, he'd been with us around 4.5 years and I don't recall him making many mistakes that led to goals in that time. Even afterwards, he was still brilliant albeit more error prone.

Was our only genuine world class player between Bale and Kane and stuck with us through some pretty brick years.
He was class 95% of the time
He would always have a couple of mates a season
That’s pretty damn good for a player and a keeper
He was always one of the very top ones every season which showed his consistency

O Captain, my Captain.

I think we all deserved seeing you lift this

TELEMMGLPICT000199365805_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqLeUJvOJqnV613e1NxllMSd6BnMf0kzF1WPsn9AqaDz8.jpeg

But hopefully this is decent enough consolation for a decade of fantastic service

1703887522594.jpeg

Back