• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Should have saved Sanchez's shot.
Could have saved Antonio's and Ramsey's but these goals were never his faults.

Agreed

There not easy shots either

Sanchezs goal took a bounce that Hugo couldnt anticipate IMO

Ramsey's he wouldn't have known anything about due to speed of the flick

Antonios you would like him to do better but it was a powerful header

Agreed

There not easy shots either

Sanchezs goal took a bounce that Hugo couldnt anticipate IMO

Ramsey's he wouldn't have known anything about due to speed of the flick

Antonios you would like him to do better but it was a powerful header

the right thing was to have dove with two hands to parry a bouncing shot on a greasy pitch not one.

This for me as well, there is no doubt he is a top keeper but he has never been world class like some fans suggest.

I think he is world class but needs to cut out some errors across a season. I think he could have done a bit better with Sanchez's effort and probably he would feel he could have done more on Wednesday with Antonio's header. I felt he made errors for both Saudi Sportswashing Machine goals in December and its fine lines across the course of a season. Don't want to get too down on him because equally he has kept hold of three points for us in games we could have drawn and got a point for us when we could've lost.

I wonder if the pitch was a factor in missing Sanchez' shot. You could see from the aerial or hand-held sideline cameras that there are some thin or bare spots and if the six yard box is in similar shape, then having to dive while that surface was slick from rain would not have been easy.

I think he is world class but needs to cut out some errors across a season. I think he could have done a bit better with Sanchez's effort and probably he would feel he could have done more on Wednesday with Antonio's header. I felt he made errors for both Saudi Sportswashing Machine goals in December and its fine lines across the course of a season. Don't want to get too down on him because equally he has kept hold of three points for us in games we could have drawn and got a point for us when we could've lost.

As I say I do think he is a top keeper but he gets beaten at his near post to many times to be world class. ( imo)

That's the thing it has happened to him a few times, its a weakness in his game and players/coaches pick up on it.

As I say he is a top keeper but not ( imo) world class.

Agree. he is a top top keeper, but cannot be labelled World Class until he sorts his distribution out. The last 2 matches some of his antics when we have passed it back to him have give me kittens

Agree. he is a top top keeper, but cannot be labelled World Class until he sorts his distribution out. The last 2 matches some of his antics when we have passed it back to him have give me kittens

What do you mean last 2 matches ? He has been uncomfortable dealing with the back passes ever since he joined Spurs ! Thus, it is really stupid to keep passing back to him unnecessarily despite knowing his weakness in handling it !

I'm not having this about Lloris not being comfortable with the ball.

If you have a onrushing attacker bearing down on you when you are trying to clear the ball with an empty goal behind you of course you are going to look uncomfortable unless you are Dembele.

Neuer is supposed to be the best keeper in the world with the ball at his feet but has made mistakes doing exactly that in the last few weeks.

Lloris's distribution is top class. He's so good in fact that our players play it back to him in situations where they wouldn't trust another keeper.

Just look at his distribution last time out

Last edited:
Most of the time, Lloris' distribution is very good, but he can go through little nervy spells in a game if he makes a mistake with his kicking. But this can happen to all goalkeepers, look at recent games with Neuer.

Generally, a goalkeepers passing is only as good as the options his team-mates give him. That's been the biggest thing for Lloris under Poch, players bust a gut to give him a passing option.

He's not a natural with his feet, he sometimes panics and scuffs it.

The best I've seen was Paul Robinson, he just leant back and gave it a lazy swing and BOOOOOM it rocketed upfield as easy as anything... a huge contrast to poor old Casey Keller who used to wind himself up and absolutely thrash at the thing, and it would go about 50 yards. Much like golf, it is all about the technique and pinging it from the sweet spot, not trying harder. It is strange that keepers panic and thrash at it, they can kick it 50 yards so, so easily if they calm down, and 50 yards is "out of their danger zone".

yeah Robbo had a "foot like a traction engine"

I also enjoyed the way he would collect the ball for a gk and throw it with back spin onto the 6 yard line so it was perfectly set

This for me as well, there is no doubt he is a top keeper but he has never been world class like some fans suggest.

Not picking on you mate (but using yours as its similar to few others on the page), but who's World Class if Hugo is not?

Lets be clear, the keeper who makes no mistakes and doesn't get beaten doesn't exist. Da Gea, Cech, Courtois (fudging guy got beaten by Adams from halfway) all have been beaten by savable brick, multiple times.

Let me tell you why I think Hugo is world class (it's not shot stopping, distribution, etc.), it is the fact that he can play 88 minutes with fudge all to do, then pull off two or three excellent saves in last 5 minutes to save the win/draw for us. what defines top keepers is not reflex saves (most can do that), it's concentration.

Back