• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

A lovely summary piece on Hugo and his role. Nothing earth-shatteringly new to us but I like that he is getting formal recognition for the importance of his role

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...fter-manchester-united-interest-a6884666.html
Excellent article except frustratingly it stops short of nailing down where Lloris stands on the question of staying or going. Although there did seem to be an undercurrent suggesting he will want to stay, that he has enough reason to change his thinking now that we are challenging for the title.

Maybe it all hangs on how things eventually pan out, whether we win any trophies and/or qualify for the CL.

Excellent article except frustratingly it stops short of nailing down where Lloris stands on the question of staying or going. Although there did seem to be an undercurrent suggesting he will want to stay, that he has enough reason to change his thinking now that we are challenging for the title.

Maybe it all hangs on how things eventually pan out, whether we win any trophies and/or qualify for the CL.

Would be surprising for him to nail down a position at this time. Very highly rated close to the peak of his career and a lot can happen between now and the end of the season.

Not least it will depend on who comes in for him. With Bayern and Barca sorted, Real looking at a transfer embargo and preferring De Gea anyway there's no true top club that is likely to be after him.

At this point I think we'll get at least another season of Lloris brilliance.

I doubt the writer had the requisite access to give a clear and current call on where Hugo stands on staying.
It'd be mere supposition, the likes of which we are more than capable of kicking around ourselves on this forum and elsewhere online.
But the atmosphere, performances and results of the present should tip the scales in favour of him remaining with us.

Hmm, I mean when you look at it in this week alone, yes he's cost us 2 points against Arsenal and perhaps 1 vs Wham. On the other hand had he not saved that Sigurdson chance then we would've probably drawn or maybe lost so its +2 from that game.

Hmm, I mean when you look at it in this week alone, yes he's cost us 2 points against Arsenal and perhaps 1 vs Wham. On the other hand had he not saved that Sigurdson chance then we would've probably drawn or maybe lost so its +2 from that game.
Oh don't be sensible after today's loss!:eek:

Such a shame today, he's saved so many better shots than that, bizarre to let that one in, guess it is something to do with mentality, it is too coincidental.

He is not as bad as Gomes, but sometimes makes the world class stops... then lets in a trundler

he did this last season, made a few mistakes then got over it and back to his normal self, hopefully it's a quick turn around this time too

Calling the goals conceded mistakes, is pushing it too far. We all know he can do much better, but they were hardly Gomezesque howlers.

A dip in form, it happens. Besides, these goals all came from situations that shouldn't have happened if all the other players had been doing their jobs. Hugo is certainly not on top of my blame list for the last three goals conceded.

I do hope he gets back to his normal self though, we need an in form Lloris for the run in too...

Amazing criticisms again. West Ham goal? I was amazed he got a hand to it, given that he would quite rightly have expected that post to be covered by, errr, a covering defender/player? As for their second today, yes, bit of a bobble BUT Sanchez shot early and if you watch replays the ball took a weird skip-bounce. These things happen...

Amazing criticisms again. West Ham goal? I was amazed he got a hand to it, given that he would quite rightly have expected that post to be covered by, errr, a covering defender/player? As for their second today, yes, bit of a bobble BUT Sanchez shot early and if you watch replays the ball took a weird skip-bounce. These things happen...

At the game I thought he should have saved it and the reaction of the players gave me that impression even more

Seeing it again he didn't save it because of the skidded bounce which made it incredibly hard to save

Back