• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Buffon 42

No Hugo in top-100 is a joke.

They said only 6 keepers were better than him. Which one counts as an outfield player? :D

Telegraph claiming Cech was the 3rd best buy this summer. Overpriced considering his age and the gain has been minimal really.

Awful video. Music is intolerable. The first minute and half which was as much as I could handle watching showed standard goalkeeping that a Sunday league keeper would manage to deal with.

Lloris is a quality keeper and this video doesn't do him justice. Whoever wasted their life making it should reconsider themselves as a video producer.

Awful video. Music is intolerable. The first minute and half which was as much as I could handle watching showed standard goalkeeping that a Sunday league keeper would manage to deal with.

Lloris is a quality keeper and this video doesn't do him justice. Whoever wasted their life making it should reconsider themselves as a video producer.
Agreed but it was the only clip I could find of Lloris' save against Olsson!

Agreed but it was the only clip I could find of Lloris' save against Olsson!

Fair enough. That was an incredible reflex save which earned us a point in the end. Lloris has the most amazing concentration, he can go for long periods of time without having to do much then when called upon produces great saves. West Brom on a windy December afternoon, is English football at its most testing.

I love Hugo, but I do think we overrate him a bit on here. Best keeper we've had for a long time but to me he is not on De Gea or Neuers level. I also think courtois is better.

He has a gaff in him from time to time that the elite keepers don't. He does let in goals that he could have saved every now and again, that's not to say he isn't good, but imo that's what seperates him from the very best, and is probably why he isn't courted by a host of cl clubs.

Not that I mind, I'm happy we get to keep him.

Chec is s difficult one, he's usually very reliable and does what's expected and not much else. But some matches he pulls of some incredible saves and other games he looks way over the hill.
Hart is a bit like Hugo, just abit more prone to errors and Butland I haven't seen enough of.

Would agree with that, Lloris is a very good keeper but he does have a weakness and I would say he is behind both Jennings and Clemence in my list of keepers for us.

I love Hugo, but I do think we overrate him a bit on here. Best keeper we've had for a long time but to me he is not on De Gea or Neuers level. I also think courtois is better.

He has a gaff in him from time to time that the elite keepers don't. He does let in goals that he could have saved every now and again, that's not to say he isn't good, but imo that's what seperates him from the very best, and is probably why he isn't courted by a host of cl clubs.

Not that I mind, I'm happy we get to keep him.

Chec is s difficult one, he's usually very reliable and does what's expected and not much else. But some matches he pulls of some incredible saves and other games he looks way over the hill.

Hart is a bit like Hugo, just abit more prone to errors and Butland I haven't seen enough of.

That elite keeper you speak of, with no gaffs in him doesn't exist ... Da Gea? are you kidding, are you claiming he doesn't fudge up?

Neuer is the only current keeper I think is clearly shown himself superior .. Da Gea, Courtois are good, but I can't say either are clearly superior, Hart & Cech are level below.

i'm not saying Neuer isn't a great keeper, but his reputation benefits from his situation, you could put nobody in goal for Bayern and they would still be top of the league (thats an actual bonafide fact according to GFW), personally i'd take De Gea over him

Well, to be honest, he did f*ck up on Perez's goal. Couldn't do anything about the Mitrovic one (I blame whoever let Wijnaldum and Coloccini run free in the box), but Perez's goal was down to him and Jan.
Rose let Coloccini run free. After his stupid and unnecessary handball. Giving truth to the concept that MOST goals are the result of a string on mistakes.

Rose let Coloccini run free. After his stupid and unnecessary handball. Giving truth to the concept that MOST goals are the result of a string on mistakes.
Surely it shouldn't be Rose picking up Coloccini?!? I would've thought that either Kane, Dier or one of our two centre halves should be picking him up?

Back